Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 01-11-2018, 06:57 PM
Senior Moderator Manager

Moderator of ...
Info Center
Star Trek

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meliana (View Post)
I'm still not sure what I think about this episode, I really must re-watch it and decide.
I want to rewatch too. There are a few things I liked, but overall I'm not a fan of mirror universes.
Old 01-11-2018, 07:31 PM
Elite Fan

I like some of the episode that go into the Mirror Universe! I like seeing the polar opposite of the characters we know.
ChakotaysLover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2018, 07:25 AM
Senior Moderator Manager

Moderator of ...
Info Center
Star Trek

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChakotaysLover (View Post)
I like seeing the polar opposite of the characters we know.
That part is intriguing. But I don't like the thought of the future being such a dark, oppressive place.
Old 01-12-2018, 12:55 PM
Elite Fan

But that's what makes the MIRROR UNIVERSE so interesting. It shows how the future could be just as dark and oppressing as it could be hopefully and enlightening. The Terrans let their worst selves rule, but they still got to space.
Old 01-13-2018, 07:49 AM
Senior Moderator Manager

Moderator of ...
Info Center
Star Trek

I'd rather hope that we were able to put that behind us, but I know a lot of people find it an intriguing possibility, like you do.
Old 01-13-2018, 10:48 PM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
DC Extended Universe

The new episode was good. This storyline seems more interesting than the klingon one. Aslo jonathan frakes directing makes everything better lol. But sad the doctor died. I liked the character and it's always stupid when a main character already dies in the first season. I mean which reason did they have?

Last edited by Arrakis; 01-13-2018 at 10:54 PM
Arrakis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2018, 11:06 PM
Elite Fan

The death of the Doctor wasn't as shocking to me.... yeah it sucks... but it didn't break my heart. It was kind of ruined by the whole Ash Tyler being a surgically altered Klingon. I swear, this character has been ruined for me, and not by the show, but the fans. People in the Star Trek groups i'm in on FB have totally ruined Ash for me.

Johnathon Frakes was AMAZING directing this episode! He does fantastic work, that i for sure! And what better episode for him to direct than a MIRROR UNIVERSE episode!! OMG! Love it all the more.
Old 01-14-2018, 05:08 AM
Master Fan

Great Episode. Best one of the season, by far!

Not a big fan of parallel Universes, since it's been done so many times before, but it mixed things up a little and I like it.

A crew member having been brain-washed by Klingons cannot end well.

I believe the Doctor will indeed become replaced by his AU-self. Everything else doesn't make sense.
X-files, epi #5-04, 'Detour'.
Little_Stewie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2018, 08:38 AM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
DC Extended Universe

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChakotaysLover (View Post)
The death of the Doctor wasn't as shocking to me.... yeah it sucks... but it didn't break my heart. It was kind of ruined by the whole Ash Tyler being a surgically altered Klingon. I swear, this character has been ruined for me, and not by the show, but the fans. People in the Star Trek groups i'm in on FB have totally ruined Ash for me.

Johnathon Frakes was AMAZING directing this episode! He does fantastic work, that i for sure! And what better episode for him to direct than a MIRROR UNIVERSE episode!! OMG! Love it all the more.
I don't fully understand, what did fans say that the character got ruined for you? And yes that suregery klingon thing makes no sense tbh.
Old 01-14-2018, 08:41 AM
Senior Moderator Manager

Moderator of ...
Info Center
Star Trek

Quote:
Originally Posted by lg238 (View Post)
it's always stupid when a main character already dies in the first season. I mean which reason did they have?
Agree with you there. His death seemed pointless. Although it will be interesting to see if it motivates actions by other characters.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Little_Stewie (View Post)
Not a big fan of parallel Universes, since it's been done so many times before, but it mixed things up a little and I like it.
Agree with you there. Usually I have no desire to rewatch mirror universe eppies, but this one was definitely different.
Old 01-14-2018, 01:17 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by lg238 (View Post)
I don't fully understand, what did fans say that the character got ruined for you? And yes that suregery klingon thing makes no sense tbh.
There was a slew of meme's popping up about Ash being Voq, ad nauseum. It was frustrating. I have no problem with people theorizing, I do it myself, but when the same meme's keep popping up it tends to ruin things.
Old 01-14-2018, 01:33 PM
Master Fan

I have watched enough Sci-Fi and Fantasy to have been suspicious about Ash from the beginning. After all, we knew nothing about him when he 1st appeared. Plus, the fact that a romantic relationship between him and Burnham developed so quickly also seemed fishy, imo. That must have been the fastest two people in the Star Trek Universe got together, ever. Remember Troi and Riker? Or Picard and Crusher? Seven seasons of build-up!

It certainly looks like Ash used to be a Klingon. But would the writers sacrifice a character (or potential future story arc) as important as Voq?
Old 01-14-2018, 04:43 PM
Senior Moderator Manager

Moderator of ...
Info Center
Star Trek

Agree about having suspicions about Ash. Also the fact that Lorca immediately gave him a trusted position such as security.

I suppose the quick romance is a bit fishy, but I'm enjoying it, so I'm not complaining.
Old 01-14-2018, 05:13 PM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
DC Extended Universe

I don't think he was a klingon. I think he was a human that then got changed so they could implant a klingon personality over his own as the doctor said before dying. So I assume they will find a way to get rid of that personality and restore tyler.
Old 01-14-2018, 10:32 PM
Master Fan

^
That sounds like a great alternative.
I guess everyone was just suspicious about the extensive surgery, including his inner organs, etc....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris (View Post)
Agree about having suspicions about Ash. Also the fact that Lorca immediately gave him a trusted position such as security.
And he did the same with Burnham!!! He likes taking risks, Lorca!
Fan Forum  |  Contact Us  |  Fan Forum on Twitter  |  Fan Forum on Facebook  |  Archive  |  Top