Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 05-16-2011, 11:15 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Carrie Underwood

Oh, wow! Beautiful videos! These two really have one of the most beautiful & epic love stories in movie history.

Aaron Tveit is Sweeney Todd: The Demon Barber of Fleet Street
Old 05-16-2011, 02:22 PM
Fan Forum Hero

They really do! I don't have many ships that come from films, but these two are one of them. I haven't seen the films for quiet a while so seeing these videos brought back how much I really love these two!
Old 05-16-2011, 03:05 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Hey you guys
Thanks for posting those videos, I am watching Will and Elizabeth videos on youtube right now
Old 05-16-2011, 03:43 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Carrie Underwood

^Hey!

Old 05-16-2011, 03:52 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Thanks for posting that pic, they are so great together
Old 05-17-2011, 11:53 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Love that picture! I love how overjoyed Elizabeth looked when she saw Will!
Thank you for posting it!
Old 05-17-2011, 05:37 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Carrie Underwood

^I loved that moment! Elizabeth looked like a kid in a candy store when she saw him!

Old 05-20-2011, 12:52 PM
Fan Forum Hero

She really did. Who wouldn't, look at him
Old 05-20-2011, 02:53 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Carrie Underwood

I saw POTC 4 last nite! Of course, there was no Will/Elizabeth, like we already knew, but it was actually pretty good! I think I like it better than AWE! Jack had his own side love story, but then there was another love story and it wasn't them trying to be like Will & Elizabeth like I thought it was going to be. The characters were completely different
Spoiler:
, and it really had a good tie-in for their own story if they do a 5th one.

Old 05-20-2011, 03:57 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I miss Will and Elizabeth so much
Old 05-20-2011, 04:08 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Carrie Underwood

I do, too!

My sister & I waited through the credits like we've done with all the movies and the ending to this one was so lame! My sister said, "That wasn't worth it!" And I said the only one that was worth it was after AWE!

Old 05-21-2011, 01:09 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Your darn right. It's not the same without them
Old 05-24-2011, 06:39 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Carrie Underwood

No, it's not! But it was still a really good movie!

Old 05-29-2011, 09:58 PM
Dedicated Fan

I saw the latest movie the other day.

I did miss Will and Elizabeth, but Philip and Syrena worked for me. Really, really worked for me.

They are similar to Will and Elizabeth in a few ways. It's young love (thinking CotBP), a do anything you have to for the other type love.

And it's also a tragic love. That's why I'm so drawn to it, I think. Like Will and Elizabeth, Philip and Syrena end in a way that's not the happy ending, ride off into the sunset type of love story. Both men are close to death. Both men have death averted by the actions of the women they love ... Elizabeth making the decision with Jack to save Will at any cost, Syrena pulling Philip under with her mermaid's kiss. I do believe that he survives. How he survives, in what form, is rather up to the imagination.

And both couples face a future that is less than perfect. Will and Elizabeth are separated for 10 years, while he serves out the sentence imposed on him by the saving of his life. Philip and Syrena must find a way to be together as well ... does she choose to live on land, does he become changed into merfolk, do they both stay as they are and find ways to wrestle a life together from their separate identities?

None of it is easy, by any means. But these are strong women, in love with wonderful men. They'll figure out a way to be together, to make it work.

I've always loved Will and Elizabeth. I don't think that Will gets nearly the credit he deserves of being the only man who not only understands her need for freedom, but has always supported her, believed in what she can do, helped her gain the tools she needed in a man's world to be able to hold her own ... including how to fight with a sword, if that's what she wanted (and he wanted it for her, too, because he wanted her to be able to depend on herself). Will did all these things for her .. not some flashy bad boy with moments of nobility here and there, who popped up in her life every once in a while, and did absolutely nothing for her after that first saving of her from drowning (he didn't even know who she was, so that was an altruistic moment on his part). Will was there for her from day one. And he let her be herself from day one.

Philip and Syrena, though, are going to find a niche in my heart, I can tell already.

I'm drawn to two things, I think. Angst by the boatload, and guys who will do anything for their women. Will and Philip have that in spades.

"He's the Elf. He kicks the ass." ... Kida Greenleaf

Last edited by Seive; 05-30-2011 at 01:57 PM
Old 06-04-2011, 10:23 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Carrie Underwood

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seive (View Post)
I saw the latest movie the other day.

I did miss Will and Elizabeth, but Philip and Syrena worked for me. Really, really worked for me.

They are similar to Will and Elizabeth in a few ways. It's young love (thinking CotBP), a do anything you have to for the other type love.

And it's also a tragic love. That's why I'm so drawn to it, I think. Like Will and Elizabeth, Philip and Syrena end in a way that's not the happy ending, ride off into the sunset type of love story. Both men are close to death. Both men have death averted by the actions of the women they love ... Elizabeth making the decision with Jack to save Will at any cost, Syrena pulling Philip under with her mermaid's kiss. I do believe that he survives. How he survives, in what form, is rather up to the imagination.

And both couples face a future that is less than perfect. Will and Elizabeth are separated for 10 years, while he serves out the sentence imposed on him by the saving of his life. Philip and Syrena must find a way to be together as well ... does she choose to live on land, does he become changed into merfolk, do they both stay as they are and find ways to wrestle a life together from their separate identities?

None of it is easy, by any means. But these are strong women, in love with wonderful men. They'll figure out a way to be together, to make it work.

I've always loved Will and Elizabeth. I don't think that Will gets nearly the credit he deserves of being the only man who not only understands her need for freedom, but has always supported her, believed in what she can do, helped her gain the tools she needed in a man's world to be able to hold her own ... including how to fight with a sword, if that's what she wanted (and he wanted it for her, too, because he wanted her to be able to depend on herself). Will did all these things for her .. not some flashy bad boy with moments of nobility here and there, who popped up in her life every once in a while, and did absolutely nothing for her after that first saving of her from drowning (he didn't even know who she was, so that was an altruistic moment on his part). Will was there for her from day one. And he let her be herself from day one.

Philip and Syrena, though, are going to find a niche in my heart, I can tell already.

I'm drawn to two things, I think. Angst by the boatload, and guys who will do anything for their women. Will and Philip have that in spades.
THIS. Glad to see others enjoyed the movie, as well, and the Philip/Syrena love story!

Fan Forum  |  Contact Us  |  Fan Forum on Twitter  |  Fan Forum on Facebook  |  Archive  |  Top