Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 08-24-2008, 12:01 PM
Master Fan

Untouchable (Logan/Marie - X-Men) #7: B/C they'll be all over each other in the next film

Welcome to the Logan/Marie aka Wolverine/Rogue Appreciation Thread

Banner by dark_red (chicq)

Banners by Emelie

Untouchables List

Swamy
Emelie
Blueschild007 (Julie)
Lennie1984
ANGELforBUFFY (Angie)
Rainstorm18 (Jenny)
Dreamer who loves candy
drsnaps
DreamWalker
LittleFlower426
TheCheshireKitten
Freyja
Tarhiliel
Veronakat
Something Dramatic
Sark and Draco Lover (Jess)
Anck-Su-Namum
Naive Girl (Suzy)
Denise
Niblet (Allie)
Hawthorn (Francesca)
Firestar007 (Liz)
liltashaq
Soeshie20
KervyQT16 (Mandy)
nemapasara (Maria)
Caridee
SergeantPepper
naturellebella
MissMarie
ellie_dakota
lizzy13132003 (Lizzy)
dark_red (chicq)
claire_bear2007
Calgaryfan2006 (Chrissy)
paire (Joanna)
antisocial
Oldrguy (Evan)
Imogen Morley
roganroganrogan
Titch22 (Fay)
Evil Cherry (Mélisse)
GodBlessTheFreaks
GracesAngel
wanderer78
marybongiovi
Elenwyn (Ellie)
RavishMe (Lily)
speechless1021 (Tracy)
Denise
Bell3_r@inboW (Belle)

Why we love them

01) Because he noticed her in the crowd
02) Because she saved his life
03) Because she asked "does it hurt"
04) Because what kind of name is Rogue?
05) Because what kind of name is Wolverine?
06) Because he's the only one that calls her Marie
07) Because she's the first person he's cared about in a long time
08) Because he found her. Twice.
09) Because he'll take care of her
10) Because he promised
11) Because she believes him
12) Because she tried to wake him from his nightmares
13) Because she didn't want to hurt him
14) Because he was willing to give his life for her
15) Because soon she will not be a kid anymore
16) Because Bobby is jealous of him
17) Because he was in her head
18) Because he'll come back. He'll come back to her always.
19) Because he saved her life
20) Because Rogue sleeps with the army tag
21) Because their touch is deadly... and healing at the same time.
22) Because he's not her father
23) Because she took on a few of his qualities
24) Because she has a crush on him
25) Because his trailer looked cozy
26) Because she didn't prefer the road
27) Because they were alone but found solace and love in each other
28) Because she isn't scared of him. Or he of her.
29) Because he wanted her to warm her hands
30) Because it was nothing personal
31) Because she wants him to wear a seatbelt
32) Because they understand each other better than anyone
33) Because he knew Rogue was gone even before Xavier
34) Because when he came back, Rogue completely forgot about Bobby
35) Because they are bound by the green hoodie connection

Wolverine/Rogue Soundtrack

Konstantine - Something Corporate
Hear Me - Kelly Clarkson
Anna Begins - Counting Crows
Love Profusion - Madonna
Untouchable Face - Ani Difranco
My Immortal - Evanescence
Iris - Goo Goo Dolls
Honestly OK - Dido
Belief - Gavin DeGraw
Song for a Winter's Night - Sarah McLachlan
A Thousand Years - Sting
Haunted - Poe
Can I Reach You - Noa
Poison - Alice Cooper
Superhero - Collapsis
The Fragile - Nine Inch Nails
Closer to You - Wallflowers
Look After You - The Fray

Quotes about Logan/Marie

"Paquin and Jackman have excellent chemistry together, and their scenes inject warmth and actual human connection into the film." ~ DJ at the Movies

"All of the crucial plot elements are there -- action, suspense, wit, and a love triangle. Rogue (Anna Paquin) and Wolverine (Hugh Jackman) are the main players of the film, and they explode on screen."

"As the lead players, Paquin and Jackman do a great job. [...] In fact, Rogue and Wolverine dominate the movie so much that they seem to share far more chemistry than even X-Men’s star couple, Cyclops and Jean Grey." ~ Film Review HHH

"[Hugh Jackman] captures Wolverine's coiled rage and snarky attitude, evident in pointed exchanges with Marsden's Cyclops. At the same time, he convincingly portrays Logan's awkward tenderness toward Rogue." ~ SciFi.com

"I think the greatest success of X-Men is its main characters (Wolverine, played by Hugh Jackman, and Rogue, played by Anna Paquin), which provide some of the most tangibly emotional scenes in any film released this year. Any one scene between Jackman and Paquin has more electricity than anything in The Patriot and The Perfect Storm combined. [...] Their scenes together have a wonderfully complex feel to them; a barely- harnessed sexual attraction combined with each of their heavily-loaded emotional baggage. Both Wolverine's anger and frustration at his unclear past and Rogue's fear and loathing of a power she can't understand or control come through, clear as a bell, and Singer guides these two fine performers along that tightrope without ever letting them take a misstep." ~ FilmScoreMonthly.com

"Wolverine is the no-nonsense action mutant at the center of this particular narrative, and Jackman's bravado has on-screen charisma to burn. But the scenes in which Wolvie and runaway teenager Rogue talk tenderly (denoting true sexless love between misunderstood souls) are tremendous. The burden that is being who they are is framed perfectly via flashback scenes that set up the lifetime of emotional scarring they've gone through (particularly Paquin's reaction to her first kiss)." ~ PSX Nation

"What makes X-men an enjoyable film is the really fine work from many of the actors. I was particularly impressed with Hugh Jackman's performance as Wolverine and Anna Paquin's performance as Rogue. It is through the relationship of those two vital characters that X-men tells its story."

"Another highlight among the special features is the screen test for Hugh Jackman. It's a great scene (albeit too short) with him and Anna Paquin. In the movie there's such great chemistry between the two actors, it's nice getting a peek into the early stages of that relationship." ~ DVD Talk

"Rogue (Anna Paquin) and Iceman are an item, but Rogue is still in love with Wolverine. Unfortunately, Rogue and Iceman still haven't figured out a way for them to touch without her stealing his powers and injuring him. Talk about sexual frustration!" ~ Epinions.com

"An outcast in the 'normal' world, Rogue takes to the road, finds Wolverine, wins a permanent place in his heart, and eventually seeks refuge at Xavier's School for Gifted Children." ~ Genome News Network

"In Bryan Singers (sic) version of the X-Men, Rogue finds salvation in the friendship with Wolverine/Logan who brings her to Professors Xavier's mutant school where she learns to live with her super powers. The crush she develops on Wolverine in the movie has certainly spilled over into real life." ~ Unreel

"Even the morally simplistic X-Men thrilled with the erotic charge created by mercilessly rubbing the adolescent Paquin up against grizzly middle-aged predator Wolverine (Hugh Jackman). In several scenes blatant sexual metaphor mixes freely with the surface drama i.e. Rogue sneaks into Wolverine's bedroom at night, in a clingy white number, only to be brutally impaled on the sweaty man-beast's, er, spikes. She saves herself from certain death by ahem, sucking the healing power out of him." ~ i-D Magazine, quoted at Anna Paquin Online

"Equally significant, she has moved on, romantically. 'In the first film, Rogue was infatuated with Wolverine – they had a bond as he had saved her life,' says Paquin." ~ Mooviees!

Banner by Emelie

icon credit: ladybozi
Old 08-24-2008, 12:34 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Thanks for the new thread
Old 08-24-2008, 09:25 PM
Obsessed Fan

Thanks for the new thread. I'm definitely going to start "Yellow brick road" next.

hugs,
Denise
Old 08-25-2008, 04:01 PM
Master Fan

No problem, guys

Denise, you'll have to let us know what you think of "Yellow Brick Road" as you read it

Old 08-25-2008, 09:29 PM
Obsessed Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by paire (View Post)
No problem, guys

Denise, you'll have to let us know what you think of "Yellow Brick Road" as you read it
Well, so far I like it but at the same time sometimes Rogue is annoying because she is still young. I'm not that age anymore. I mean I can relate because she is lot like me personality wise but now that I'm older I find it annoying. I know it's funny. And I can't stand Bobby even more now. Still loving Wolverine though.

hugs,
Denise
Old 08-26-2008, 04:31 PM
Master Fan

Well, at the start of the fic, she's the same age she is in X2 (I think), so it's canon Ugh. Bobby is just plain terrible But, Logan's wonderful

Old 08-26-2008, 09:41 PM
Obsessed Fan

I finally finish "Yellow Brick Road". And I'm so glad when she aged and finally came to her senses. It took her long enough. But I really loved it especially the few years forward that is when I really started loving the fic. I'm glad she got flying powers I always wanted her to get something like that so she could be more useful. I love strong Marie.

Do you have any other recommendations for w/r where Marie is a fighter?

hugs,
Denise
Old 08-26-2008, 10:49 PM
Absolute Fan

I need to read that fic...once I'm done with the Sookie Stackhouse Series I've only read Once Upon A Time and I loved it, you should try it too Denise

Old 08-26-2008, 11:34 PM
Obsessed Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by dark_red (View Post)
I need to read that fic...once I'm done with the Sookie Stackhouse Series I've only read Once Upon A Time and I loved it, you should try it too Denise
I already read Once upon a time as well. Love it as well. I hope for more recommendations.

hugs,
Denise
Old 08-27-2008, 04:24 PM
Master Fan

Wow! You're a fast reader, Denise I'm glad you like it

Spoiler:

I don't think I've ever read any other fics in which Marie's a fighter, but you could check out the links in our OP; you might find something there

Oh, you should definitely read "YBR," chicq

Old 08-27-2008, 10:24 PM
Obsessed Fan

I'll look around and see if I read any other fanfics of them that I like, if I find some I'll post them here

I thought to add some more love to the thread, I would post a few videos that I found on you tube they are not mine but there good.

I have a question. I don't know if you guys can answer it. I never read the comics I use to watch the cartoon version when I was kid so I don't remember alot except a few things that I loved. So I have a few questions if anyone can answer or point me in the right direction I would appreciate it.

1. Can Logan even have kids?
2. How is that Gambit becomes the only guy that can touch Rogue?
3. I heard that Wolverine got together with pretty much ever female character in x - men including Rogue at one time in the comics is that true?
4. In Yellow Brick Road fanfic...it seem to imply that Rogue got some more of healing power because of connecting with Wolverine? Is that a permanent thing when that happens? I'm not speaking for the fanfic but in general Rogue character wise?

Those are all I can think of for now. Sorry if they are a lot.

hugs,
Denise

Last edited by Denise; 08-27-2008 at 10:29 PM
Old 08-28-2008, 05:22 PM
Master Fan

If you find any fics like that to post here, Denise, that would be great

Ooh, thanks for the vids!

Oh, good questions; I wish I could answer them I never read the comics, and I only vaguely remember the old cartoon, but in the cartoon, Rogue could fly and had super strength (I think). I can't remember if she had a healing ability or was invulnerable...

I'd suggest checking Wikipedia

Old 08-28-2008, 07:24 PM
Absolute Fan

Thanks for the vid rec Denise.

Wolverine Trailer On DVD? | Filmonic

Wolverine Spoilers | Movie Blog | UGO.com

IGN: Deadpool Has His Way at Marvel

X-Men Origins: Wolverine Fact Sheet - Screen Rant

Old 08-28-2008, 10:38 PM
Obsessed Fan

The new Wolverine movie has me excited in hopes that I will see Gambit in X - Men 4 and when he tries something with Rogue, Wolverine can be all jealous. I hope.

No problem about the videos. If I find any other good ones. I'll post them here

hugs,
Denise
Old 08-29-2008, 11:13 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Hey all, is there gonna be a X-men 4? That would be awesome if they did make another one Rogue and Logan could finally give us what we want
Closed Thread   Post New Thread