Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 05-25-2017, 10:29 AM
Loyal Fan

Good ?, my dd is interested and will be checking it out in the fall, but I won’t. I was so happy with the HEA that they gave RumBelle and Gideon that I consider that the ending, with so many possibilities to come next. I loved Sbrooke so much that I hope to visit Steveston, but have heard that Sbrooke will not be part of S7 (they got rid of the Sbrooke signs, etc that were in storage and will not be “transforming” Steveston again). To me it was as much a “character” on the show as the people and I would miss it too much. And speaking of which, I really cannot imagine the show without Snow, Charming, the 7 Dwarves, Belle, Emma, etc. Even if they guest starred once in awhile, would just miss them too much, not the same show to me, JMHO.

Even if we learned in S7 that after the S6 HEAs that each character had 10,20 or so years of bliss before S7 starts, we didn’t get to see it. We saw 6 years of RumBelle on/off again and on going angst with so many characters. I’m so grateful for the ending we got, that I want to enjoy that now, reading fan fics and coming up with my own ideas. I don’t want to dive right back in to angst, curses, separations, false IDs, etc., again JMHO.

But I totally get those who want to see more, and I love the idea of just looking at it as an AU. That way there is no anxiety if a character dies or things turn out differently than you expected/hoped. Last Sunday I rewatched the finale and loved it so much. I think I might start the series all over again!
IrishWristWatch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2017, 12:56 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by IrishWristWatch (View Post)
Good ?, my dd is interested and will be checking it out in the fall, but I won’t. I was so happy with the HEA that they gave RumBelle and Gideon that I consider that the ending, with so many possibilities to come next. I loved Sbrooke so much that I hope to visit Steveston, but have heard that Sbrooke will not be part of S7 (they got rid of the Sbrooke signs, etc that were in storage and will not be “transforming” Steveston again). To me it was as much a “character” on the show as the people and I would miss it too much. And speaking of which, I really cannot imagine the show without Snow, Charming, the 7 Dwarves, Belle, Emma, etc. Even if they guest starred once in awhile, would just miss them too much, not the same show to me, JMHO.

Even if we learned in S7 that after the S6 HEAs that each character had 10,20 or so years of bliss before S7 starts, we didn’t get to see it. We saw 6 years of RumBelle on/off again and on going angst with so many characters. I’m so grateful for the ending we got, that I want to enjoy that now, reading fan fics and coming up with my own ideas. I don’t want to dive right back in to angst, curses, separations, false IDs, etc., again JMHO.

But I totally get those who want to see more, and I love the idea of just looking at it as an AU. That way there is no anxiety if a character dies or things turn out differently than you expected/hoped. Last Sunday I rewatched the finale and loved it so much. I think I might start the series all over again!
I know what you mean, and that's why I think they shouldn't call it "Once Upon A Time" anymore. It's a new book, a new place, many new characters, a new story. Plus they already had the long-awaited "final battle". It's just not the same show anymore, even if it happens in the same universe and it has some old characters in it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by crazy_diamond
Yeah I did read other people's thoughts that it could be a AU setting...
I'm still thinking/hoping it could be Wish Realm Henry, Rumple, Regina and Hook. That would at least explain the absence of the other characters, why Henry doesn't seem to believe anymore (he's lost not only his father, but also his grandparents and possibly his mother too, plus he's separated from his wife and daughter), and why he appears to be in the FTL at the time of that "great upheaval". And I just don't understand how a curse that is cast in the FTL could affect a town (SB) that's in a different realm. Unless everyone decided return to FTL for some reason..

icon by me
Seamstress90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2017, 04:47 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Star Trek
Robert Carlyle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seamstress90 (View Post)
I know what you mean, and that's why I think they shouldn't call it "Once Upon A Time" anymore.
Maybe that will take a different slant on the title
crazy_diamond is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2017, 09:46 PM
Passionate Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seamstress90 (View Post)
Ignore the trolls. They won't change their minds about Rumple, no matter what he does. Maybe take a little break from Tumblr (or wherever those trolls lurk)?

I'll probably be watching S7 out of curiosity, and because Bobby If I don't like it, then I'll just ignore it and pretend S6 was the last season. Or that S7 is an AU.
I did take a break and will ignore the trolls. I think I might tune in to see what happens next but if I don't like it, I won't watch. I don't think anyone is going to be broken up though and in the end, will all be reunited. I think this season will be the last and I think it would have been better if the next generation took over that way we know all the couples are enjoying their happy endings and we can watch their children take over.
Old 05-31-2017, 04:49 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Star Trek
Robert Carlyle

Yeah I could see that happening regarding the next generation taking guard...
Old 06-08-2017, 10:19 AM
Passionate Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by crazy_diamond (View Post)
Yeah I could see that happening regarding the next generation taking guard...
I am seeing tons of fic and meme's and gifs of Rumbelle's happy ending! it is glorious!
Old 06-08-2017, 01:14 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Star Trek
Robert Carlyle

Sure is
Old 06-11-2017, 06:27 PM
Passionate Fan

Quote:
Sure is
Here is Mariequitecontrarie's latest! I urge every Rumbelle fan to read this! It is beautiful!

Show Chapter | Archive of Our Own
Old 06-12-2017, 04:45 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Star Trek
Robert Carlyle

thanks for the link, will give it a read

Robert and Emilie are appearing at the Paris convention this weekend
Old 06-19-2017, 02:56 PM
Passionate Fan

Quote:
thanks for the link, will give it a read

Robert and Emilie are appearing at the Paris convention this weekend
A lot of good stuff came out of that convention!
Old 06-20-2017, 05:12 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Star Trek
Robert Carlyle

It sure did, wonderful photos and reports
Old 06-26-2017, 05:50 PM
Passionate Fan

Quote:
It sure did, wonderful photos and reports
Between Robert and Emilie and Lana and Jennifer, the writers took some hits! None of them minced words about their disappointment and the dropped stories, plot holes, etc. Robert even had a falling out with Eddie over GQ!
Old 06-26-2017, 10:24 PM
Master Fan

It breaks my heart that this thread will die out because we won't get any more Rumbelle.........

Yes, the convention was wonderful, especially for Bobby and Emilie fans......
Old 06-27-2017, 04:44 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Star Trek
Robert Carlyle

Grace - that they did and I'm glad the cast spoke out

yes the convention was wonderful
Old 06-29-2017, 12:54 PM
Passionate Fan

Quote:
Grace - that they did and I'm glad the cast spoke out

yes the convention was wonderful
Well Robert did say he wasn't doing another season after 7 so maybe they will bring Emilie and Giles back for a reunion? I don't know but I am not going to let this thread die!