Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 12-22-2016, 11:26 AM
Passionate Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by IrishWristWatch (View Post)
It also makes me think of “The Phantom of the Opera” where the Phantom never reveals his real name (if he had one). I know in the book, his name is Erik, but IIRC it was a name he picked up for himself, not his given name.

Its been awhile, but you guys are OUAT experts, so I ask : did Rumple’s Dad have the same name as Rumple? Does knowing that both Rumple’s parents rejected him make you feel differently for him? Do you think his mother will show any remorse for giving him up?

ETA: Ooops, disregard that first ?, his Dad was Malcolm, I forgot!
The only thing it has changed for me is that I just want to wrap him up in a blanket and tell everyone else they are monsters for the way they treated him! It does make me hate Milah more. Being abandoned is bad enough but this man has been abandoned several times over but still allowed himself to fall in love with Belle. I honestly don't know why anybody hates this character and it just makes me want to smack the heroes, Hook, Zelena, just everyone who has treated him badly.
Old 12-26-2016, 09:08 AM
Loyal Fan

So how many of you watched the BatB cartoon last night thinking of all the OUAT parallels? I did kind of miss Gaston being turned into a rose though LOL

My daughter picked out a lot of “plot holes” I had never noticed before LOL: the enchantress says the prince must find love before he turns 21, yet later the servants note that they have been been cursed for 10 years. 21 minus 10 equals 11, so the prince was 11 when he was cursed? But in the beginning they show a fully grown man answering the door! And speaking of answering the door, wouldn’t his servants have done that for him? Why is an 11 year old allowed to answer the door? Even more perplexing is Chip at the end looks like a 5/6 year old boy to me. But if everyone has been under this curse for 10 years, that means he was conceived when his mother was a TEAPOT LOL!!!! HOW??? Who was the father? As much as all this was cracking us up, we enjoyed seeing this favorite movie again.* My daughter whispered towards the end “I really love this story” and I have to agree. I love stories where an unexpected romance develops, where people learn they can change if they want to. I really think RumBelle captured the magic of this story - Rumple was perfectly interesting as the DO searching for his son, I was NOT expecting him to fall in love with Belle and become the Beast!

* We finally decided that time acts differently under a curse and just went with that Which is a very Rumple answer
Old 12-26-2016, 01:21 PM
Passionate Fan

Quote:
So how many of you watched the BatB cartoon last night thinking of all the OUAT parallels? I did kind of miss Gaston being turned into a rose though LOL

My daughter picked out a lot of “plot holes” I had never noticed before LOL: the enchantress says the prince must find love before he turns 21, yet later the servants note that they have been been cursed for 10 years. 21 minus 10 equals 11, so the prince was 11 when he was cursed? But in the beginning they show a fully grown man answering the door! And speaking of answering the door, wouldn’t his servants have done that for him? Why is an 11 year old allowed to answer the door? Even more perplexing is Chip at the end looks like a 5/6 year old boy to me. But if everyone has been under this curse for 10 years, that means he was conceived when his mother was a TEAPOT LOL!!!! HOW??? Who was the father? As much as all this was cracking us up, we enjoyed seeing this favorite movie again.* My daughter whispered towards the end “I really love this story” and I have to agree. I love stories where an unexpected romance develops, where people learn they can change if they want to. I really think RumBelle captured the magic of this story - Rumple was perfectly interesting as the DO searching for his son, I was NOT expecting him to fall in love with Belle and become the Beast!

* We finally decided that time acts differently under a curse and just went with that Which is a very Rumple answer
I didn't get to watch it. I forgot to tape it. It is one of my favorite movies and stories. I would have loved to see Gaston turned into a rose but falling to his death is okay with me. They said he killed Gaston when he turned him into a rose so in a way his death was paralled twice (I am including his second "death" in the Underworld). I think the servants were frozen. As to the prince, I thought he looked young so I can buy him being eleven. As to him answering the door, it doesn't make sense but who knows? I don't think they want us to ask questions and kids rarely notice these things like for instance, an adult wrote the Rumplestiltskin Problem and in it, filled in all the plot holes but when I was a kid, I never questioned it or noticed any plot holes.
Old 12-26-2016, 02:43 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:

I think the servants ages were Frozen in time. I guess the beast might have been too cause it is harsh she would curse a 11 year for being bratty. I still enjoy it. I like to pretend he was 18 for my sanity

Last edited by fox24; 12-26-2016 at 03:39 PM
Old 12-26-2016, 04:52 PM
Loyal Fan

If this is the last Season (the Game Show ABC aired in OUAT's spot during the summer had better ratings as did the movies Frozen, The Sound of Music and BatB they aired the last three weeks there), how would you like them to wrap up Rumbelle and the storyline?

Last edited by Ranma90; 12-26-2016 at 05:06 PM
Old 12-26-2016, 05:19 PM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ranma90 (View Post)
If this is the last Season (the Game Show ABC aired in OUAT's spot during the summer had better ratings as did the movies Frozen, The Sound of Music and BatB they aired the last three weeks there), how would you like them to wrap up Rumbelle and the storyline?
While watching BatB, I saw a commercial featuring ABC shows and noticed that they didn’t include OUAT. I wondered if this was a bad sign that OUAT is dying or did they not include it since its not returning til March?

I’m a bit confused over how OUAT is doing right now.

OTOH: each season opening , there is a “catch-up” show or behind the scenes show. I don’t see this for most shows, so I figure it’s a sign its doing well to get extra time on TV. I see OUAT merchandise on line and at stores, I think at DisneyLand they have a Mr Gold pawn shop? All previous seasons of OUAT are on Netflix and as far as I know they will be on in 2017; some shows are dropped each year, so OUAT has made the cut. I have heard a couple of people mention that they are binge watching it now; that’s a good sign for the show if people want to start watching and catch up on it

OTOH: the ratings are the lowest I’ve seen and as you mentioned, the show is sometimes even lower rated than the video show that comes on before it and old movies – OUCH! Numbers wise, I don’t see OUAT making it to a S7, but I’m hoping that with the positive things above it will.

I do think OUAT will get a chance to wrap up all the stories, its bad for a network to just suddenly end a show that has a loyal following, makes people not willing to invest in future shows. The question to me is will they wrap everything up in 6B or a S7 (possibly shortened?)

You asked how I’d like to see RumBelle end: I think with Belle’s help, Rumple will fulfill Merlin’s prophecy and finally be able to conquer the dark magic instead of it enslaving him. But I see him as more of a “dark hero”/anti-hero type. RumBelle has such wonderful chemistry, I’ve been waiting for them to work together and I think they finally will – and they will free Gideon from this darkness which has overtaken him. There have been a couple of attempted TLKs so I think we will finally see a fulfilled one and I can’t wait!!!!!!

Last edited by IrishWristWatch; 12-26-2016 at 05:33 PM
Old 12-26-2016, 05:48 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by fox24
I think the servants ages were Frozen in time. I guess the beast might have been too cause it is harsh she would curse a 11 year for being bratty. I still enjoy it. I like to pretend he was 18 for my sanity
I do think the prince was a child/teenager when he was turned into a beast. The prologue said that the rose would bloom until he turned 21, and that "as the years passed, he fell into despair". IMO that implies the time moved normally and the prince aged. Also, there was a portrait of the prince in the west wing, and I think he looked pretty young in it (I assume it was painted shortly before the prince was turned into the beast because he destroyed it in rage and shame afterwards.. And we didn't see other portraits of him).

I think the servants didn't age because they were turned into inanimate objects (while the prince was still flesh and blood as the beast) that don't age like humans.

Unfortunately I couldn't watch the movie as I live in different country..

Quote:
Originally Posted by IrishWristWatch
You asked how I’d like to see RumBelle end: I think with Belle’s help, Rumple will fulfill Merlin’s prophecy and finally be able to conquer the dark magic instead of it enslaving him. But I see him as more of a “dark hero”/anti-hero type. RumBelle has such wonderful chemistry, I’ve been waiting for them to work together and I think they finally will – and they will free Gideon from this darkness which has overtaken him. There have been a couple of TLK so I think we will finally see a fulfilled one and I can’t wait!!!!!!
I agree. I'd also like to see Belle coming to realize that she does love both the man and the beast, and that even a hero can resort to darkness sometimes. That darkness is not always a bad thing (Like, Rumple killed his own father to save his family and the town. I think that requires some inner darkness even though it was heroic. I also think he's going to have to do something similar with his mother later this season).

icon by me
Old 12-27-2016, 05:54 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Star Trek
Robert Carlyle

Seamstress I do hope we see that too, we saw Belle last season did say she did love both of them in 'HHH', but she seems to have forgotten that this past half season, so I hope it comes to the forefront again....
Old 12-27-2016, 10:15 AM
Passionate Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by crazy_diamond (View Post)
Seamstress I do hope we see that too, we saw Belle last season did say she did love both of them in 'HHH', but she seems to have forgotten that this past half season, so I hope it comes to the forefront again....
I agree. It has seemed like Belle has forgotten she loves man and beast. She only sees the beast now and that is coloring how she looks at Rumple and she is hanging out with people who hate him which reinforces her thinking towards him. He hurt her yes and she is right not to easily trust him again but she is becoming extreme about it. She can't even see when he is being honest or when he is doing something good. When he had a cleansed heart and was essentially a hero, she pushed him away and I can see that this is confusing Rumple. Belle needs to face her dark side and stop seeing things in black and white. She is letting her fear and anger control her. I think her line in episode 10 was her ephiany and she is taking responsibility for her own faults in their marriage and son.
Old 12-27-2016, 02:34 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Star Trek
Robert Carlyle

agree Grace, it's like she had blinkers on, but hopefully she'll be seeing the light now...
Old 12-27-2016, 05:41 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
She also told Neal in S3 that she loves even the parts of Rumple that belong to darkness, and in her wedding vow that she loves him for his flaws. I haven't seen that in 2.5 seasons, and I hope we'll finally see that Belle again, the one who understands that Rumple may never be like the hero in her book even if he did change his ways, and that's okay.

icon by me
Old 12-28-2016, 04:59 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Star Trek
Robert Carlyle

I forgot she said it to Bae

Indeed , with them working together now , hopefully it will come back to her
Old 12-29-2016, 08:54 AM
Passionate Fan

Quote:
I forgot she said it to Bae

Indeed , with them working together now , hopefully it will come back to her
I hope so too. Rumple doesn't need to be a hero and with the examples in SB, I would rather him be himself. He doesn't have the strong and loving background the heroes do with the exception on Hook, Zelena, and Regina but the main difference here is they have support and he doesn't. Support can mean a lot to a person. Sometimes we need help on our journeys or we slip up. I think that was why EQ and Rumple had that little whatever. They were both alone and feeling rejected and that can push people together even when it is not good for them.
Old 12-29-2016, 02:08 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Star Trek
Robert Carlyle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grace52373 (View Post)
but the main difference here is they have support and he doesn't. Support can mean a lot to a person. Sometimes we need help on our journeys or we slip up.
, he lost Belle and we he lost the only person who loved him, supported him, well he slipped up majorly. But he never did lose her and I'm glad that Belle said that too him during E9...A wake up call to him...
Old 12-29-2016, 03:22 PM
Passionate Fan

Quote:
, he lost Belle and we he lost the only person who loved him, supported him, well he slipped up majorly. But he never did lose her and I'm glad that Belle said that too him during E9...A wake up call to him...
I wouldn't say that. He lost her love and trust and respect. I think that she lost his as well. I think a lot of Rumple's actions can be attributed to not just fear but anger and pain. I think tlk didn't work because neither trusts the other. Yes they still love each other but the question remains are they in love with each other.