Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 12-08-2016, 03:32 PM
Elite Fan

Indeed!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grace52373 (View Post)
Seamstress I was worried when I heard she named him after her hero character in her favorite book which to me is putting a whole lot of pressure on a child. She loves Rumple but walks away from him when he doesn't live up to her standards so I think it would be interesting to see how she handles her son not being a hero.
Yeah, I have to admit I was worried about that as well. Naming her son after the book is a cute gesture as long as Belle doesn't force her ideas on Gideon and/or try to live her dream of being a hero through him. His happiness should be the priority. Maybe he decides that he doesn't want to be some big hero after all.. Maybe he just wants a nice, quiet life with his family and friends. Maybe he'd even like to be allowed to be a bit shady sometimes, like his father.

And yes, it would be very interesting.

Quote:
As to the Charmings, well they are going to protect Emma and the Gold's will be helping their son so of course they are going to be at odds. I am kind of hoping all of them learn something from this. This child is not just any villain but a child of someone they are flighty friends with. Emma was there at his birth (still angry about that!) Henry is related to both parties and I think he will bring them together. I also think if they give up their judgments and black and white views, the Charmings could be helpful to the Golds.

The Charming's condemned one child already and this is a chance for them to realize that evil isn't born, it is made. Hopefully this will help them realize for real this time that things happen and sometimes people go down a dark path but that doesn't mean they can't be redeemed. I also hope it will open their eyes to the fact that forgiving someone doesn't mean they automatically earn a free pass or those they hurt should just get over it!

It will probably end with all of them confronting the Black fairy together because that is probably the only way to defeat her.
ITA!

icon by me
Old 12-09-2016, 05:34 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Star Trek
Robert Carlyle

It's like lift off for their storyline and we have to wait 3 months
Old 12-09-2016, 09:20 AM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by crazy_diamond (View Post)
I'm OK with that: To me it’s the most positive mid season break for everyone in awhile: last year at this time Rumple knocked the wind out of my sails by becoming the DO again , took me a whole week to get over that. I’m not as big a CS fan as some, but Killian’s demise was hard to take! They zipped him up in a body bag and poor Emma couldn’t even stand up straight she was so overcome with grief! I never want to see that scene again! Then it ends wit h all them going to Hades domain – Merry Christmas LOL!!!

At least this year, RumBelle are working their way back together again, CS have a fun adventure on the horizon, we all know Snowing will break their curse, Regina is face to face with RH!! The only one off the top of my head having a pretty hard time right now is the EQ, but I have a feeling she won’t be in snake form for long. So I’m going into the hiatus feeling pretty positive and hopeful which is a nice change. Almost feels like S1 to me again!
Old 12-09-2016, 09:31 AM
Passionate Fan

Quote:
We finally get progress and have to wait three months! UGH!

Anyway, I was thinking of bringing up something Rumbelle related in this thread and none of this is spoilery, just speculation.

Someone brought this up in a story and it made me think. It was about Rumbelle's tlk.

To date, Rumbelle's had three unsuccessful tlk's. Someone came up with a theory as to why.

Their first tlk, In Beauty and the Beast, Beauty kissed the beast not to end his curse because she wasn't aware he was cursed but because she truly loved him. Belle on the other hand wanted to be a hero and save her beast. She loved him but he wasn't ready to give up his power and she wasn't kissing him for purely unselfish reasons. The kiss started to work but it didn't and when he thought Belle was trying to break his curse and/or steal his power, he lashed out thinking she wanted him to be vulnerable and she could help the queen destroy him. In fact that is what Regina had in mind although Belle didn't. She genuinely loved him and wanted to save him.

The second two kisses were tainted by lies and I am convinced manipulation by a third party. Belle didn't believe in their true love and Rumple, while not wanting to be cursed wants the power so he doesn't feel like the helpless, loveless spinner again.
I don't agree with Belle that a curse isn't a curse if somebody wants it. I don't think anyone wants to be cursed. I also think the curse as we saw is manipulative enough to make the cursed person depend on it. I think Rumple didn't want to be cursed. I think he wants the power from the curse. Which is why he spent all of four wanting to remove the curse but keep his power. Emma wanted to break the curse too even though she wanted the power as well but when Hook almost died, she gave into it. I doubt any of them wanted the curse from Rumple on down to Hook. In fact I think Rumple took back the curse because he wanted the power and thought he could control the curse as before and maybe find a way to get rid of it in the meantime. I think his speech about the dagger was more about his loving the power the curse gives him but he doesn't want to be cursed. I was wondering if he thought the shears could help him as well as his son. Bottom line if Rumple could have power without the curse, he would grab for the chance. I think he may very well find a way to use his powers for good and end his curse.

All of this makes me wonder if Rumbelle will have a third and successful tlk based on pure love for each other. Not to end his curse but one where they give themselves to each other purely out of love. I wonder if that is what will ultimately end the Charming's curse as well. In fairytales with the exception of Beauty and the Beast, tlk's are used to break a curse. It is that way on the show with the exception of Emma and Regina's tlk to Henry. They kissed him not to break his curse but because they loved him. I wonder if that is where this sl is headed for all parties involved. maybe Rumbelle will tlk Gideon and save him from the Black fairy?

Last edited by Grace52373; 12-09-2016 at 09:39 AM Reason: added to post
Old 12-09-2016, 10:50 AM
Loyal Fan

Quote:

In fact I think Rumple took back the curse because he wanted the power and thought he could control the curse as before and maybe find a way to get rid of it in the meantime. I think his speech about the dagger was more about his loving the power the curse gives him but he doesn't want to be cursed. I was wondering if he thought the shears could help him as well as his son. Bottom line if Rumple could have power without the curse, he would grab for the chance. I think he may very well find a way to use his powers for good and end his curse.
I think so too, in S5 Merlin thought that someone would come along who actually would be able to control the dark curse without it darkening their heart but that it was too dangerous to wait and see this come to fruition. I think it will be Rumple, Excalibur is still out there, its been refashioned into Rumple's current dagger and it chose him while his heart was pure, so i think this story is unfinished...

Quote:
All of this makes me wonder if Rumbelle will have a third and successful tlk based on pure love for each other. Not to end his curse but one where they give themselves to each other purely out of love. I wonder if that is what will ultimately end the Charming's curse as well. In fairytales with the exception of Beauty and the Beast, tlk's are used to break a curse. It is that way on the show with the exception of Emma and Regina's tlk to Henry. They kissed him not to break his curse but because they loved him. I wonder if that is where this sl is headed for all parties involved. maybe Rumbelle will tlk Gideon and save him from the Black fairy?
Yes, I do think so
Old 12-09-2016, 11:09 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by IrishWristWatch (View Post)
I'm OK with that: To me it’s the most positive mid season break for everyone in awhile: last year at this time Rumple knocked the wind out of my sails by becoming the DO again , took me a whole week to get over that. I’m not as big a CS fan as some, but Killian’s demise was hard to take! They zipped him up in a body bag and poor Emma couldn’t even stand up straight she was so overcome with grief! I never want to see that scene again! Then it ends wit h all them going to Hades domain – Merry Christmas LOL!!!

At least this year, RumBelle are working their way back together again, CS have a fun adventure on the horizon, we all know Snowing will break their curse, Regina is face to face with RH!! The only one off the top of my head having a pretty hard time right now is the EQ, but I have a feeling she won’t be in snake form for long. So I’m going into the hiatus feeling pretty positive and hopeful which is a nice change. Almost feels like S1 to me again!
The EQ needs to go, whether by killing her without killing Regina or by becoming one with Regina again, but honestly this show has killed my wanting to see any Regina/Gold scenes ever again. As far as I'm concerned, whether REgina or EQ I don't need to see them sharing space again. The worst decision the show ever made, imo.

I agree with Belle about a curse not being a curse if someone wants it, and he wanted that power, maybe not the curse but he has admitted he likes having that power and the curse goes along with it. Unless he realizes what the curse/power has cost him and actively wanting to lose it I don't see much hope for them. I'm hoping that seeing what has happened with Gideon will be an eye opener for him. I also wonder if Gideon has literally inherited the Dark One curse?

I would think with all the failed TLKs they've given them that the show is working up to a real one, or they're not worth their salt as writers.
Old 12-09-2016, 11:54 AM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Belleislove (View Post)
I'm hoping that seeing what has happened with Gideon will be an eye opener for him.
I think it will be!

Quote:
I would think with all the failed TLKs they've given them that the show is working up to a real one
Oh they just have to!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 12-09-2016, 05:46 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by IrishWristWatch (View Post)
I think so too, in S5 Merlin thought that someone would come along who actually would be able to control the dark curse without it darkening their heart but that it was too dangerous to wait and see this come to fruition. I think it will be Rumple, Excalibur is still out there, its been refashioned into Rumple's current dagger and it chose him while his heart was pure, so i think this story is unfinished...
It does look like that's what's happening. I mean, Rumple has the darkness/powers of all the Dark Ones combined, and yet his love for Belle is "overpowering", as Adam put it. He could very well be capable of being that person Merlin talked about, and I think we might just see that in 6b.. It seems like a huge arc for Rumple/Rumbelle, after all.

I could see a TLK too, but maybe it's Rumple/Gideon? Or a "Gold family" one?

icon by me
Old 12-10-2016, 05:43 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Star Trek
Robert Carlyle

It does indeed and I think so too regarding what Merlin said

I reckon the TLK will be a family one..
Old 12-11-2016, 10:30 AM
Elite Fan

Spoiler:

icon by me
Old 12-11-2016, 10:58 AM
Loyal Fan

Seamstress, thank you!
Spoiler:
Old 12-11-2016, 01:32 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Star Trek
Robert Carlyle

thanks Seamstress

Spoiler:
Old 12-11-2016, 08:07 PM
Passionate Fan

Quote:
thanks Seamstress

Spoiler:
Spoiler:
Old 12-12-2016, 05:40 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Star Trek
Robert Carlyle

Spoiler:
Old 12-13-2016, 07:57 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Spoiler:
I know!

Spoiler:

icon by me
Closed Thread   Post New Thread