Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 07-02-2013, 04:05 PM
Master Fan

NEW THREADDDDDD!!!

Quote:
"I think Sawyer was just what Kate needed"
He was. He really truly was. And she was just what he needed too.

JRBudgrl8, now I think I know where we met before in FF! Skaters unite!! LOL

Quote:
You know, as a Skate fan, I never actually felt like we were in the minority until Suliet happened and then all of sudden it was like people that were once on board with Skate were jumping ship and also jumping on the Jate bandwagon. I remember Skate winning every single pole for years and then when they introduced Suliet all of a sudden things changed.
True, Skate had a more vocal fanbase, until the Suliet craze took over. In all honesty though, those people were never real SK fans imo, or at least not for the right reasons. They probably just wanted to be on the winning side and when things seemed to go bad for Skate, they went with the other pairing.

There's no way to explain jumping ships otherwise because all the reasons why Skate were perfect for each other had always been there. Even more so after they went through very similar situations after the separation: trying to move on, living a lie, 'playing house', trying in vain to replace each other with different people, not being able to truly let go etc etc etc. It's ridiculous how much they've always made sense, even when everyone tried to sunk them.

I do think Jate has a bigger online fanbase, but that doesn't bother me, I'm usually with the smaller fanbase anyway. Biggest exception that comes to mind is Veronica Mars (thank you, LoVe!).
visit Buffyverse | icon: ?
Old 07-02-2013, 04:13 PM
Elite Fan

i always had the idea we were in minority and jate fanbase was huge, but is not that im complaining, not at all. im just stating the facts, i always make part of the minority and im happy because less problems and its easy to get along with people.

Normally big fanbases have crazy fans, and most of the times i dont relate with them. It's like what happened with delena (tvd) fanbase, they are huge, i made part of that when i used to watch the show, but not anymore..some fans are really and delusional.

I think yes, suliet came and destroyed everything. bc some ppl start liking them and suddenly forgot skate...still suliet fanbase is small, i mean im talking about the true suliet fans, im not talking about jaters pretending to like suliet just for the sake of their couple
Old 07-02-2013, 04:41 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
i always had the idea we were in minority and jate fanbase was huge, but is not that im complaining, not at all. im just stating the facts, i always make part of the minority and im happy because less problems and its easy to get along with people.

Normally big fanbases have crazy fans, and most of the times i dont relate with them. It's like what happened with delena (tvd) fanbase, they are huge, i made part of that when i used to watch the show, but not anymore..some fans are really and delusional.
Good point. Skate fanbase is cozy and fun, like Sawyer's tent. lol
Old 07-02-2013, 05:51 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ace Of Hearts (View Post)
Good point. Skate fanbase is cozy and fun, like Sawyer's tent. lol
good comparison
Old 07-02-2013, 08:12 PM
Moderator Manager

I love that handholding moment. Seeing all these arts is making me angry at what happened to these two again.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyLonely (View Post)
L i N d $ @ y, I love, love that scene. I only wish it could have been lighted better.
Me too. I swear to God this scene killed me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mary ksand (View Post)
The gifsets are stunning And Lindsey, the amount of favourite couples and favourite scenes we have in common is pretty impressive
We do. And including the one in your icon as well. I posted a lot on the Lost board back then. CC and KS were my OTP but they killed the other one so I was hanging on to KS for dear life. By the finale of the season, I was saying endless curse words and thinks all my ships on the show are one big joke. On another note, do read and watch GoT. I don't ship anyone on the show (maybe one but it's dead already) but I love JB.

Witness the magical sprouting of the Purple Acorns
As hopes turn into reality

Old 07-03-2013, 06:18 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by SkateGirl88 (View Post)
purplebass, are you purpleblass from tumblr? im m--tyrell
Yup that is me!
Old 07-03-2013, 05:59 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by purplebass (View Post)
Yup that is me!
i knew it! HEEEEEEEY
Old 07-04-2013, 06:17 PM
Master Fan

Why did I watch this????
Old 07-04-2013, 07:18 PM
Moderator Manager

^ And why did I watch it? All these feelings!!!

Witness the magical sprouting of the Purple Acorns
As hopes turn into reality

Old 07-04-2013, 07:53 PM
Fan Forum Star

Im not watching that...Im not ready

☆ The Swan-Jones ☆
♥S&K♥♥R&Hr♥♥P&K♥♥J&B♥♥C&C♥♥E&K♥

Old 07-05-2013, 05:27 AM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by HutchLaw_Girl (View Post)
Im not watching that...Im not ready
I feel the same way.

A question for Skate fans who have been in this fandom from the start: have there been people shipping Lost actors and not just the characters?
Old 07-05-2013, 07:50 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyLonely (View Post)
A question for Skate fans who have been in this fandom from the start: have there been people shipping Lost actors and not just the characters?
Unfortunately yes. There are a few blights on the Lost fandom, RL shipping being one of them. It happens everywhere, I guess. Some fan(atics) want to take it too far (stalking the set, stalking actors, shipping them as RL couples), and get skeery.

Those are the dark corners of fandom that it's best to just back sloooooowly away from, keeping your hands visible and making no eye contact.

I love Sun's face as she looks at them here. She was at Kate's side when she began desperately tearing through the bottle notes, and knew "...Sawyer?" without Kate having to say a word.

‘If I fall and die, it will still have been worth it,’ she had thought.
Old 07-05-2013, 10:52 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
Unfortunately yes. There are a few blights on the Lost fandom, RL shipping being one of them. It happens everywhere, I guess. Some fan(atics) want to take it too far (stalking the set, stalking actors, shipping them as RL couples), and get skeery.

Those are the dark corners of fandom that it's best to just back sloooooowly away from, keeping your hands visible and making no eye contact.
Sadly, it is true. Every fandom has its weirder, more fanatic part. Some people go as far as to ship real life people. I tend not to judge, but I don't really get it either. I'm fine with enjoying RL friendships, and hell even romantic relationships, but I wouldn't go as far as 'shipping' them, that's a bit too far imo. And it makes me feel like I'm invading their personal lives somehow, so yeah, not my thing.

Quote:
I love Sun's face as she looks at them here. She was at Kate's side when she began desperately tearing through the bottle notes, and knew "...Sawyer?" without Kate having to say a word.
This. Sun was on Team Skate yo.
Old 07-05-2013, 10:57 AM
Part-Time Fan

The best Lost hug.
Quote:
Originally Posted by IceKat055 (View Post)

I asked because I was confused by some comments on entertainment blogs that reported about Kerry Washington's wedding. I don't watch Scandal and had no idea people ship her with the married costar.
Old 07-05-2013, 01:16 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by L i N d $ @ y (View Post)

We do. And including the one in your icon as well. I posted a lot on the Lost board back then. CC and KS were my OTP but they killed the other one so I was hanging on to KS for dear life. By the finale of the season, I was saying endless curse words and thinks all my ships on the show are one big joke. On another note, do read and watch GoT. I don't ship anyone on the show (maybe one but it's dead already) but I love JB.
Your Lost shipping experience is remarkably similar to mine because those were indeed my two ultimately preferred romantic couples I was attached to most intensely. When Charlie died SK remained the only source of my emotional investment and obviously, the final invoked an overflowing rage in me. At this point, however, my main focus is on that considerably large number of amazing and effortfully filmed scenes Skate was fortuned enough to have on the show... you know, contrary to Jate

icon: swanspirate@tumblr
Fan Forum  |  Contact Us  |  Fan Forum on Twitter  |  Fan Forum on Facebook  |  Archive  |  Top