Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 01-16-2019, 05:07 PM
Total Fan

omgosh that scene where the picture fell in the water was so Titanic-esque. All you needed was the Titanic song in the background

I had a question. In the S3 episode where he's performing the play and they're live, and he's saying his lines about being in love....i'm fairly certain he's looking at Andie and she smiles from backstage...but I can't be sure...

Last edited by **bittersweet**; 01-16-2019 at 05:12 PM
**bittersweet** is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2019, 05:18 PM
Elite Fan

^ I watched it not that long ago and I can't remember. s3 is hard to pay attention to.

Aww that quote on the last page is so sweet, "you're the one Pacey." Definitely one of my favorite Pandie scenes!
rossfangirl86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2019, 05:28 PM
Total Fan

I can see why.

Omg I happened across a post from this thread years ago and:

I love that Kevin even says in the commentary what he originally planned with Pacey/Andie in the finale, to let the audience know that even though Pacey/Joey got their endgame, they're endgame only happened because their original idea couldn't.

Is this true?! I also read KW wanted Meredith for 2-3 weeks to film the Pandie endgame but she could only give him a day since she was filming something else so he only had that one day to film the Pandie reunion in the finale. so close. I choose to believe they did end up together, we just didn't get to see it.

THIS VIDEO IS EVERYTHING ( I couldn't figure out how to embed it on here)

https://youtu.be/JPPE_OUd74U

Last edited by **bittersweet**; 01-16-2019 at 07:03 PM
Old 01-17-2019, 09:33 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Movies

^ The sad thing is that I don't think Kevin will ever have the guts again to repeat that his original endgames were D/Jo and P/A. He has attended panels for DC within the last few years and has had to go along with the narrative that the Pacey/Joey ending made sense, because the crowd were fueling the love for them. There aren't enough vocal fans of PA and DJo anymore for the writers to know any differently.

What he said on the commentary, however, did convince me that Kevin wasn't thinking about P/Jo at all when he wrote the original finale draft He was honest and said that he wanted D/Jo. He also said that his father was upset that it wasn't DJo. His vision conflicted with the writers who wanted the show to go in another direction after S2.

Quote:
Originally Posted by **bittersweet** (View Post)
I had a question. In the S3 episode where he's performing the play and they're live, and he's saying his lines about being in love....i'm fairly certain he's looking at Andie and she smiles from backstage...but I can't be sure...
I haven't reached that episode yet on my re-watch but I'll let you know when I do!
Skam Italia icon
Gwen
Crystal Clear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2019, 06:22 PM
Total Fan

I've started a S2 rewatch and the Pacey that is with Andie, that is inspired by her, that is head over heels in LOVE with her because of the faith she has in him, THAT is the Pacey I love.

When you look at the Pandie relationship, keep in mind these two young souls are only 16 but when they were together, there was this "it's US all the way" feeling to the relationship.

Their argument over Pacey spitting in that teacher's face gave it away that these two are so invested in this. When Pacey told her he doesn't need her to agree with everything he does but to support him, these are conversations you have when you're so invested in a relationship and you're thinking about the future because, this is it for you.

Pacey: Okay! McPhee, shut up and let me apologize, okay? This last week without you has been a living hell and I don't ever want to have to go through another moment like that. I'm sorry, McPhee.

And yes, i'm sure there would be a time where Pandie would break up because it's inevitable with dramas. But they would have found their way back. Absolutely. No doubt in my mind. Because I never saw Pacey with ANYONE the way he was with Andie. His happiness, his smile, his ease and comfort with her. Andie was his girl/woman and he was hers and you felt that.

They had to have ended up together, in my book. We just didn't get to see it unfortunately. I mean, look at him when she left:

one of Josh's best moments.
Old 01-18-2019, 02:16 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Movies

The argument over the teacher was heartbreaking. I understood both points of view. Andie thought Pacey was throwing away his education and Pacey was offended by her lack of understanding over the morality of it. At least they reconciled soon after!

I love the GIF. That was Josh's best emotional performance in the show.

Sadly, the events of Season 3 tried to make it all seem like that type of emotion over Andie never really meant much.
Skam Italia icon
Gwen
Crystal Clear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2019, 07:38 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kristen1989 (View Post)
I won’t say I hate these two they were cute but I’m more Team Pacey/Joey.
that's good. I do see you like some other ships though that I do and don't. I love the couple in your icon.
Old 01-18-2019, 08:33 PM
Total Fan

parallels, in S2:

Joey to Dawson in S2: I'm your biggest fan.
Pacey to Andie in S2: No. I'm not going to let you push me away, McPhee. You know, I think I forgot to mention that I'm actually a charter member of the Andie McPhee Fan Club

Old 01-19-2019, 08:24 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
parallels, in S2:

Pacey to Andie in S2: No. I'm not going to let you push me away, McPhee. You know, I think I forgot to mention that I'm actually a charter member of the Andie McPhee Fan Club

the DJ one too. a lot.
Old 01-19-2019, 07:18 PM
Total Fan

the way Pacey kisses Andie's shoulder. So tenderly

ETA: It is January 20th. 20 years ago today, "Sex, she wrote" aired and with that, this amazing scene:

Happy 20th Anniversary to this scene!

Last edited by **bittersweet**; 01-20-2019 at 05:31 PM
Old 01-20-2019, 08:05 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Happy 20th Anniversary Pandie ftw

Quote:
parallels, in S2:

Wow love these nice job
Old 01-21-2019, 06:34 PM
Total Fan

That shoulder kiss was everything. I would have loved to be in Meredith's shoes at the time
Old 01-23-2019, 06:41 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
I've started a S2 rewatch and the Pacey that is with Andie, that is inspired by her, that is head over heels in LOVE with her because of the faith she has in him, THAT is the Pacey I love.
Admittedly, I'm not really a Pacey fan but in s2, he was different. There was a lightness to him, a sweetness to him that just grew and grew as he fell more in love with Andie. He put himself aside for her sake. He fought for her when she was in a dark place and never gave up, even when she tried to push away from him. They were truly something special.

Quote:
When you look at the Pandie relationship, keep in mind these two young souls are only 16 but when they were together, there was this "it's US all the way" feeling to the relationship.
Yep, they went through a lot and just came out stronger and stronger. It wasn't until the OOC writing in s3 started that that changed.
rossfangirl86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2019, 06:08 PM
Total Fan

Worst idea ever, so OOC.

On a lighter note, You know what I love about these little forehead moments they have? There's more than a few times where Pacey is just telling her how much she means to him and Andie is so emotional over it and in tears and it's just so POWERFUL. ENDGAME.

"Please don't be upset with me, Andie. You have no idea what you've done for me just by being in my life. I mean, you make me feel like maybe there's hope for my pathetic existence. And I don't have to sleep with you to feel that. I feel it right now. Just holding you in my arms."

https://youtu.be/Cq9pVHeQAgc
Old 01-25-2019, 07:32 AM
Fan Forum Hero

that dJ one I love a lot.