Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 01-08-2019, 05:55 PM
Total Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crystal Clear (View Post)
I REMEMBER YOU! I took a break from too a few years back because of real life stuff. My username used to be 4brathan&brucas I'm Gwen

Excellent post I always took Pacey and Andie seriously as a couple, even though Season 3 was a complete ret-con for them

The fact that Andie's scenes were deleted from the Series Finale was proof in my opinion that the writers knew audiences would adore them together and it would make the P.Jo ending less understandable to people.
Gwen!!!!! MAN it has been a long time! How are you? And I agree about Pandie. I wonder where Pacey would have ended up had he stayed with Andie. She really made him want to be a better man and do better in school and when they broke up, he went back to that and barely graduated. Wouldn't have been the case if they were still together. His grades would have improved and I feel her faith in him that he can do what he sets his mind to would have prompted him to further his success after high school.

So bummed Kevin left after S2. It would have been DJ/PA and I feel like when he came back to write the last two eps, he felt he didnt really have a say as he hadn't been there and that's why he decided to change the finale script to PJ. That's my theory.

Super sweet of Josh to have Meredith's picture on his heart at the 100th episode party, and all that with her being gone for more than a year.
**bittersweet** is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2019, 02:47 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Movies

Quote:
Originally Posted by **bittersweet** (View Post)
Gwen!!!!! MAN it has been a long time! How are you? And I agree about Pandie. I wonder where Pacey would have ended up had he stayed with Andie. She really made him want to be a better man and do better in school and when they broke up, he went back to that and barely graduated. Wouldn't have been the case if they were still together. His grades would have improved and I feel her faith in him that he can do what he sets his mind to would have prompted him to further his success after high school.

So bummed Kevin left after S2. It would have been DJ/PA and I feel like when he came back to write the last two eps, he felt he didnt really have a say as he hadn't been there and that's why he decided to change the finale script to PJ. That's my theory.

Super sweet of Josh to have Meredith's picture on his heart at the 100th episode party, and all that with her being gone for more than a year.
I'm good, thank you How are you? It's been a tough few months, not in the least because my Grandpa died but hoping the new year means good things.

I've just been watching Season 2 and the scene in the finale where Pacey hugs his dad and says "I miss her so much, it's KILLING me" is just so well acted by Josh.

Andie was the catalyst for bringing Pacey and his Dad together. It probably wouldn't have happened, without her.

Kevin Williamson didn't pay attention to S3 + S4 (which he admitted on the DVD commentary) so I thoroughly believe they asked him to come back out of courtesy, but then talked him out of his original plans for the ending.

Josh's best scenes were with Meredith. When Andie breaks down over seeing the ghost of Tim, Pacey is her rock.

I just sent you a private message
Skam Italia icon
Gwen
Crystal Clear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2019, 06:10 PM
Total Fan

Ugh I so believe you Gwen! It's a shame. Josh has these incredible gestures he only does with Meredith...where he places his hand toward his heart alot or he can't breath.

If you notice, in the finale scene where Jack surprises Jen with Andy (so mad that it got cut) just before the scene ends (from what I saw on YT), Josh/Pacey just takes a deep breath like a "wow" breath.
Old 01-10-2019, 11:23 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Movies

Quote:
Ugh I so believe you Gwen! It's a shame. Josh has these incredible gestures he only does with Meredith...where he places his hand toward his heart alot or he can't breath.
That beautiful description reminds me of their scene in 'Ch..Ch..Changes' when he goes "my heart? Boom, boom, boom."

Quote:
If you notice, in the finale scene where Jack surprises Jen with Andy (so mad that it got cut) just before the scene ends (from what I saw on YT), Josh/Pacey just takes a deep breath like a "wow" breath.
I always got the impression that Josh adored and believed in them as a couple, and he brought his own little touches to the role to ensure the audience knew how much Pandie meant to him. Meredith acted the role with so much intelligence.
Skam Italia icon
Gwen
Old 01-10-2019, 04:57 PM
Total Fan

I agree, they invested in it and you could tell. I made this collage for my fic:

Last edited by **bittersweet**; 01-10-2019 at 06:52 PM
Old 01-11-2019, 02:44 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Movies

So pretty!

I'm doing a DC re-watch from the beginning, now onto Season 3 and I'm not looking forward to it Have already watched 'Like A Virgin' and the tone of the show is already so different from Season 2. It's just weird.
Skam Italia icon
Gwen
Old 01-11-2019, 07:38 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Gewn I beleive we share some similar ships.
Old 01-11-2019, 07:43 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Movies

I believe you're right!

Skam Italia icon
Gwen
Old 01-12-2019, 08:07 AM
Fan Forum Hero

I loved these two.
Old 01-12-2019, 09:56 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Movies

They had the best coupley intro ever - Pacey's blond highlights and posing as a Sheriff
Skam Italia icon
Gwen
Old 01-12-2019, 12:11 PM
Total Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crystal Clear (View Post)
So pretty!

I'm doing a DC re-watch from the beginning, now onto Season 3 and I'm not looking forward to it Have already watched 'Like A Virgin' and the tone of the show is already so different from Season 2. It's just weird.
My thing is, even in S3, you can see that Pacey still isn't over her. For example, after he finds out about the sexual assault (and how angry he was about it) and kisses her and his HEART is like going crazy over it, Andie literally asked him if he feels what she is feeling and he says yes because it's the truth. Then just a few hours later, suddenly, that was a lie?

The Thanksgiving episode, he asks Jack if she still asks about him. "You broke my sister's heart." "She broke mine" "So imagine how she feels."

They start working together again on the play and there's a hint of them going back to the way they were. "I need you Mcphee."

The episode of the play, afterwards, when he & Andie are hugging, he doesn't seem to want to let her go and he just takes this breath in as he's holding her.

There were definitely these little moments. Then like 3 or 4 episodes later, that's suddenly dead and gone? No way.

It was really upsetting for me to see that, in the episode in S4 when they're at the rave and Andie does X and passes out, HOW is Pacey not one of the first ones by her side to see if she's alright? HOW? He stays back, behind Joey, holding her. And that infuriates me. It's this thing that alot of writers do where they try to erase relationships and undertone them. And in that episode, you can see glimpses of his face like he's scared for her, if you pay attention, and he stays at the hospital because he is internally freaking out, but he absolutely should have been there to run to her side.

Ugh.
Old 01-12-2019, 12:30 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Movies

Quote:
My thing is, even in S3, you can see that Pacey still isn't over her.

There were definitely these little moments. Then like 3 or 4 episodes later, that's suddenly dead and gone? No way.
I just watched episode 3 and Pacey's so sad, it's heartbreaking

Andie gives him back a box of his stuff and he gets really drunk

Plus, she cheats from the Math test because she's clearly not handling the break-up well.

Quote:
It was really upsetting for me to see that, in the episode in S4 when they're at the rave and Andie does X and passes out, HOW is Pacey not one of the first ones by her side to see if she's alright? HOW? He stays back, behind Joey, holding her. And that infuriates me. It's this thing that alot of writers do where they try to erase relationships and undertone them. And in that episode, you can see glimpses of his face like he's scared for her, if you pay attention, and he stays at the hospital because he is internally freaking out, but he absolutely should have been there to run to her side.

Ugh.
Exactly. I can't stand the rectonned part of his character once he falls for Joey - suddenly, it's as if Andie never meant much to him.

Notice how he's barely in scenes with Andie anymore, especially in Season 4. It really is a retcon.
Skam Italia icon
Gwen
Old 01-12-2019, 06:23 PM
Total Fan

There wasn't even a scene of them reuniting after he spent the summer with Joey until the episode of the rave which is insane to me. The episode where True Love goes down in the storm, not even then?! makes no sense. It's like they never knew each other.

And, what makes me upset about Meredith leaving in S4 is that there were so many things they could have done...like when Pacey found out in 4X1 that he needed to make up those classes, it would have been a good storyline to have Andie tutor him and help him make them up OR even potentially explore an Andie/Dawson romance as a way to make Pacey/Joey kinda go

Really wish she hadn't left.
Old 01-12-2019, 06:41 PM
Elite Fan

Wow I missed a lot. Welcome back to FF bittersweet, I'm Nikki.
rossfangirl86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2019, 10:17 PM
Total Fan

Hi Nikki! Thank you! You all can call me Lyn.

New Chapter up!

https://www.fanfiction.net/s/13170271/1/Back-In-Sync
Fan Forum  |  Contact Us  |  Fan Forum on Twitter  |  Fan Forum on Facebook  |  Archive  |  Top