DP Apologies!
Skam Italia icon
Gwen
Crystal Clear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2018, 09:38 PM
Fan Forum Hero

That hug is everything thanks for sharing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crystal Clear (View Post)
I think many of us wish things had gone very differently in S3.

Destroying Andie's character was completely unnecessary, but I think they knew it was the only way fans would accept Pacey not being with her anymore.
ITA so when Kevin said that they respect everyone's character on the show when they made PJo canon, that's the biggest lie ever
Old 12-25-2018, 12:56 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Movies

Quote:
Originally Posted by cyndie57 (View Post)
That hug is everything thanks for sharing
That is an endgame worthy hug

Quote:
ITA so when Kevin said that they respect everyone's character on the show when they made PJo canon, that's the biggest lie ever
Kevin seemed to shun all responsibility for Seasons 3 and 4 on the commentary by stating outright that he never saw much (or any) of those seasons... That said, what does it say about the creator of the show that he felt so disconnected from it for so long that he even CONSIDERED writing the Series Finale? Such an odd thing.

Then he gives Andie a scene and takes it away. Again, makes no sense.
Skam Italia icon
Gwen
Old 12-28-2018, 11:07 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Phoebe Tonkin

Sweet hug.
Nobody can stop me ♬
fall into your smile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2019, 04:26 PM
Total Fan

WOW. It has been almost 5 YEARS since I've been on FanForum. And I am coming out of the woodwork specifically for this incredible couple. And I am SO glad this thread is doing pretty damn good and pretty recent considering! I was expecting to not find it at all, it's been so long. So happy.

I've been doing some light lurking over the past few days and I discovered so much I didn't know before! Like the fact that Kevin had DJ/PA as endgame and that was his plan and what he wanted, how they thought DC might end after S4 so they initially had PA going out to dinner and leaving it open, how Josh WORE A PICTURE OF MEREDITH ON HIS HEART at the 100th episode party (how sweet is that?) and how Meredith actually filmed a scene for the finale but they deleted it! Super upset about that, they should have kept it in.

Here's my thing. Did I watch DC while it aired? Yes. It's been a long time and I havn't watched it all over again since then... but I clearly remember absolutely LOVING Pacey & Andie together. I honestly think they were one of my first OTPs. And I read a very good theory recently, I cant remember if it was on here but....as you get older and look back at these episodes, your views change.

When the show ended with PJo, I was okay with it. But it should have been Pacey & Andie.

I was rewatching their S2 scenes on Youtube and some of S3, (I basically only rewatched every scene of theirs ) and just the LOVE they had for each other.

If you pay attention, Josh does these incredible and endearing gestures with his arms/hands during Pacey's difficult times with Andie. For instance, the scene where he's saying goodbye because she's going to the hospital, as she's walking away from him, Pacey/Josh reaches his hand up to his chest and out to her as if he can't breathe. (BTW, that scene in 2x21 where he's trying to get her to open the door, so BEAUTIFULLY done by Josh & Meredith and SO heartbreaking).

The scene where he's telling her the kiss was a mistake (from the episode where she lies about the sexual assault), he does something similar. Like he's having trouble breathing and can't get this sheer pain out of his chest.

Those gestures Josh does, I've only seen done with Meredith and it's so endearing. It's a shame how they treated Andie's character in S3...so out of character for her to cheat, and even more so, weird to have Pacey be SO unforgiving about it in order to set up PJO. And her lying about the sexual assault was also weird for her to do. She was the sweetest in S2 and I read Kevin said he didnt like how they treated her character after he left.

And I did rewatch Pacey's breakdown in the Prom episode in S4. Literally told Joey being with her made him feel dumb and I know he never felt that way with Andie. Not once, the exact opposite. And when she returned for The Graduate episode, he LIT UP and she was the only person he told about his graduation, he told Andie he was gonna be fine about Joey and he went off. Would have been nice if it ended there, or they left it open with them...but I'm upset their scene in the finale was cut out.

Yes, sometimes you fall in love in high school and that's all it is...but sometimes you fall in love in high school and it just STICKS with you and I feel this way for Pacey/Andie. She was the first person ever in his life to challenge him and see him differently than anyone else cared to and he even told her this in the finale.

"You were always the first, Andie."

And even in that finale scene, you can see the chemistry, the way she looks at him, the way he even still looks at her.

I'm going to be writing a fic about them for sure because I am choosing to believe that PA DID get their happy ending eventually, we just didn't get to see it and that's what my fic will be exploring.

I saw the Dawson's Creek reunion last March and it was so nice to see everyone together again, especially Josh & Meredith, and she mentioned they've reconnected so that is sweet!

(whoa this was a long post lol)

Anybody here?

Last edited by **bittersweet**; 01-04-2019 at 04:38 PM
**bittersweet** is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2019, 11:43 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Phoebe Tonkin

Welcome back to .
Nobody can stop me ♬
Old 01-05-2019, 01:28 PM
Total Fan

Thank you! Watched some of their S3 episodes....the hug they have outside at the opening night of their play...he breathes her in and doesn't seem to want to let her go.
Old 01-05-2019, 04:00 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Phoebe Tonkin

Sounds nice.
Nobody can stop me ♬
Old 01-05-2019, 04:19 PM
Total Fan

https://www.fanfiction.net/s/13170271/1/

Wrote this fic...stay tuned:

Last edited by **bittersweet**; 01-06-2019 at 08:19 AM
Old 01-05-2019, 08:46 PM
Fan Forum Hero

This is so good I'm so excited for this fic Jack/Doug wedding is an awesome idea for a Pandie reunion
Old 01-06-2019, 08:21 AM
Total Fan

Thank you! When you think about it, the fact that Andie's brother is in a serious relationship with Pacey's brother in the finale sets the tone that these two are bound to be reunited. And that's what my fic will be exploring.

New chapter up:
https://www.fanfiction.net/s/13170271/1/Back-In-Sync

Last edited by **bittersweet**; 01-06-2019 at 02:31 PM
Old 01-08-2019, 02:55 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Movies

Quote:
Originally Posted by **bittersweet** (View Post)
WOW. It has been almost 5 YEARS since I've been on FanForum. And I am coming out of the woodwork specifically for this incredible couple. And I am SO glad this thread is doing pretty damn good and pretty recent considering! I was expecting to not find it at all, it's been so long. So happy.
I REMEMBER YOU! I took a break from too a few years back because of real life stuff. My username used to be 4brathan&brucas I'm Gwen

Excellent post I always took Pacey and Andie seriously as a couple, even though Season 3 was a complete ret-con for them

The fact that Andie's scenes were deleted from the Series Finale was proof in my opinion that the writers knew audiences would adore them together and it would make the P.Jo ending less understandable to people.
Skam Italia icon
Gwen
Old 01-08-2019, 07:46 AM
Fan Forum Hero

welcome back here.