Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 11-01-2019, 02:09 PM
Fan Forum Legend

In fairness, the last season of GoT made TWD S7 and 8 look amazing lol

Loved that scene
Old 11-01-2019, 09:30 PM
Elite Fan

Ehhh, season 5 of the walking dead was already defying physics and logic and supposedly season 7 and 8 were waaay worst. GoT was always technically sound. There are times when twd's cgi is worse than a ****ty student film. And at least Game of Thrones was building up to something, anything.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fractured moonlight (View Post)
I was going through my Beth tag and seeing all the things I reblogged (quotes from articles and reviews) complaining about how horrible Coda was and what idiots they were for killing Beth. It was great.

That scene was amazing and there was so much depth to it.
Those articles are still coming out 5 years later. Screenrant came out with a list of the top ten characters who should still be alive and guess who was number 1. Beth, because "her death was one of the most absurd in the show's history", which is a nice way of saying it was ****ing stupid and was probably written by someone just as stupid. The article is from the beginning of October. Her death is and always will be a giant stain on the show and it makes so much sense that its decline pretty much started there. Oh and Tyreese was #2 so if anyone thinks season 5 wasn't bad they weren't paying attention.

That whole episode is so beautiful and cathartic and everything you would want in character development and in building a relationship.
Old 11-02-2019, 12:55 PM
Fan Forum Legend

I absolutely love those articles are still coming out and that sh's number 1. The show was never the greatest but S5 was such a bad season and I definitely agree her death will be a stain on the show. Also agree S5 is when the biggest decline started.

That is exactly how I feel about that episode Your words are perfect.
Old 11-02-2019, 02:51 PM
Fan Forum Legend

At least TWD didn't miss a coffee cup being in a scene

But yeah, S5 was pretty bad
Old 11-02-2019, 08:54 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
I absolutely love those articles are still coming out and that sh's number 1. The show was never the greatest but S5 was such a bad season and I definitely agree her death will be a stain on the show. Also agree S5 is when the biggest decline started.

That is exactly how I feel about that episode Your words are perfect.
This. The show was never great, but it dabbled at it I think, but season 5 was where the wheels started to fall off. It is already is a stain. It's been 5 years and is still being brought up as stupid. The show is never going to escape that. I don't even know if it was the biggest decline, the show has obviously ****ed up a lot , but it was definitely the first major one.

I love how cathartic it all was. If you want the audience to feel strong emotions that is how you do it without needing to kill all the characters stupidly. That is probably the most cathartic the show was and ever will be.

Quote:
Originally Posted by stlavin95 (View Post)
At least TWD didn't miss a coffee cup being in a scene

But yeah, S5 was pretty bad
True. Although you could say it was a genuine mistake. Bad cgi is just being bad at your job or being too cheap to hire someone competent.

I know we talk about Beth's death being the catalyst for the decline but I honestly started to get worried about that season when Glenn said something to the effect of, "we have to stick together and can't separate again" or something like that and then in the very next episode he and Maggie were running off to D.C. without the rest of the group. So stupid.
Old 11-03-2019, 12:03 AM
Fan Forum Legend

I will take bad CGI over literally missing an clear coffee cup I mean it was so damn obvious I don't get how anyone missed it hahaha

So stupid indeed
Old 11-03-2019, 11:51 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Kay - To be fair it may not be the person who is doing the CGI but AMC just being super cheap with it and the person can only do so much.

Yeah I think it was when the biggest decline started. Like previous seasons weren't the best but I feel season 5 is when the show really started to take a hit.

I so agree with all of that and hate the show runners/writers thought the best way to do emotions and sustain fans was by killing people off.

stlavin95 - I stopped watching GOT after S1 but I did see all about that cup and it was .
Old 11-03-2019, 03:32 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Okay
Old 11-03-2019, 11:33 PM
Elite Fan

I don't know about that. cgi is usually the focal point of a scene. If it hadn't been the last season and made such a big deal of a lot of people probably wouldn't have even seen the cup or cared. And in that case didn't the walking dead once have a zombie drinking from a water bottle once? Although I think that was in the background. I'm sure the got crew were pretty much over it by that point and probably got a little lazy but I also think Game of Thrones' audience is a lot more discerning about it all than the Walking dead's. As they should be.

Heather, I would agree with you but some of the stuff I've seen made by people online just using the most basic technology puts it to shame.

I think people would argue after Glenn was the biggest decline and I wouldn't blame them too much but if you're astute and we're paying attention you know Beth's end was the beginning of the downfall.

It's such a stupid way of thinking. They don't play the long game at all when they want this show to go on perpetually. They use to get a bump from people maybe wanting to see who dies but after that they just ended up losing the audience because everyone we love is gone.
Old 11-04-2019, 11:10 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Kay - That's a really good point. It could be a mixture of both.

That's why I keep saying when it started. I think the biggest decline started with her but it only got worse.

Yeah it might have been engaging but people got over it. Especially when it became clear it was just for shock value.
Old 11-04-2019, 08:43 PM
Elite Fan

Yeah, I mean it's widely known that amc is hella cheap but even then I'm sure they could have found someone a little more competent.

My bad. I guess I was thinking too much about numbers but it was definitely a gigantic drop in quality from season 4 to season 5.

I don't even think that it was engaging but more people checking it out out of morbid curiosity.
Old 11-04-2019, 11:03 PM
Fan Forum Legend

With everything I have heard about the AMC, it's clear that Breaking Bad and Mad Men were successful despite of them.
Old 11-05-2019, 03:56 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Kay - That's true.

That's ok. S5 was so bad.

I personally didn't either but it seems others did. They seemed excited to see who would go and how.

stlavin95 - I haven't seen either one of those.
Old 11-05-2019, 10:38 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by stlavin95 (View Post)
With everything I have heard about the AMC, it's clear that Breaking Bad and Mad Men were successful despite of them.
Definitely. I remember seeing something about Breaking Bad almost moving networks because amc was so cheap. I think that's part of the reason El Camino is on Netflix. I think there was drama with Mad Men near the end as well.

I don't think any other network got as lucky as amc right out of the gate. It's no wonder they've never come close to anything as successful since.

Quote:
I personally didn't either but it seems others did. They seemed excited to see who would go and how.
I will never understand that.
Old 11-06-2019, 07:18 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Me either. Though at least it seems most now a days hate it and think it's ****ty storytelling.