EndlessღLove
yuzzz66
nililah
messy_redhead
PaperGirl
~-Sarah-~
foreverafter12

Bertie and Elizabeth's moments and quotes

Elizabeth: You know she calls me the fat Scottish cook.
Bertie: You're not fat.
Elizabeth: I’m getting plump.
Bertie: Well, you seldom cook.

Bertie: I am not a King, I am not a King. I am sorry, I am sorry.
Elizabeth: No, don’t be silly, please. Oh, my dear. My dear, dear man. You know, I refused your first two marriage proposals not because I didn’t love you, but because I couldn’t bear the idea of a royal life, couldn’t bear the idea of a life of tours, of public duty, of - well, a life that was no longer to really be my own. But then I thought, "He stammers so beautifully, they’ll leave us alone."

Bertie: The princesses heard the commotionand hurried to the kitchen wherethey gave the penguin a good scrub,a mackerel and a kiss. And as theykissed him guess what he turnedinto?
Margaret: A handsome prince!
Bertie: A short-tailed Albatross. Withwings big enough to wrap aroundboth his precious girls together.

Elizabeth: I knew you'd be good.

King Colin and QueenHelena

Piers: Do you like him as Darcy? ?
Helena: Yeah, yeah, yeah. I did, I did. Course I did, i’d be a fool not to.
Piers: You don’t sound so keen on the latest version
Helena: No, I do. It’s just that i’m a married woman. And I want a job for the next one-from the Husband. No, no, no, no, no, I definitely fancied him in his uniform and we didn’t really get to snog that was one sad thing.

Piers: (on Colin winning an oscar) Have you thought who you would dedicate to, if anybody? Who’d you be thinking of in that moment?
Colin: ….urm…well…you know…
Helena: Can I chip in here?
Colin: Yeah, go on darling.
Helena: Me

Interviewer: Which scene do you think was the most challenging one and could you talk a little bit about that?
Colin: With a script that had so many facets it’s really very difficult to single something out…
Helena: Probably working with me…
Colin: Helena was in a few scenes and none of them were among the easiest…

Helena: Tom Hooper, thank you for not cutting my close ups, making sure that the Queen Mother wasn’t totally eclipsed between the brilliance, the double brilliance of Geoffrey and Colin. King Colin, you deserve everything you’re getting. And Geoffrey you should really be the best supporting actress, wherever you are, because he really did only have eyes for you.

Helena: Colin, he’s got an innate confidence but also he’s fantastically vulnerable. I just find him very moving, because he’s very….he’s actually quite girly in someways, he’s not afraid. Well every good actor has to be girly in the sense that they have to bear their soul and his soul’s on his sleeve.

Helena: I found Colin so innately touching, I knew he’d be innate, very touching but he’s done stammerers before, it’s obviously him, he’s got, you know, a gift for it. But I knew that part of my job, the compassion for her husband would be made very easy by just watching Colin. Geoffrey, he’s just a clown. He’s just such a colourful, agile and funny and sad and just can do everything in a second. But also they talk non-stop. So it was kind of hard to sometimes concentrate. I did find it funny that Colin, as soon as the camera’s turned on, he did have difficulty speaking but as soon as it’s off, honestly, he just talks for Britain. But it’s good talk, they’re both amazing, they should have their own chat show.

Colin: It’s a tribute to Helena’s brilliance that she came across as a supportive wife – most of the time when I was doing an agonised stammering scene and was off camera, she’d be looking at her watch

Interviewer: You obviously know each other very well.
Helena: We don’t know each other that well, we got to know each other reasonably well. I felt like I had met you before…
Colin: Well, that’s because you had.
Helena: Oh yes, that’s true. But hadn’t met and had a proper conversation.
Colin: We’ve met millions of times
Helena: Well, we hadn’t acted together and we hadn’t done anything else…

Videos and Links

YouTube - The Kings Speech Trailer 2010 HD
YouTube - 2011 BAFTA Best Picture Tribute - The Kings Speech
YouTube - Colin Firth and "The King's Speech
YouTube - Colin Firth on Piers Morgan Tonight (February 17 2011) - Part 1
YouTube - Colin Firth Interview on Piers Morgan Tonight (February 17 2011) - Part2
YouTube - Colin Firth on Piers Morgan Tonight 02/17/2011 - Pt3
YouTube - The King's Speech - Part 4 World Premiere Press Conference
YouTube - Helena Bonham Carter at the BAFTAs
YouTube - Colin Firth Talks 'The King's Speech'
YouTube - Colin Firth as Britain's King George VI
YouTube - Colin Firth wins at Golden Globes 2011 Best Actor for The King's Speech

100 percent sure Helen Mirren backs Colin Firth for Oscar success. | Finance News
Dame Judi Dench lends her support to Brit Oscar hopefuls - mirror.co.uk
"The King's Speech" Script
Queen Elizabeth On 'The King's Speech': 'Moved,' Reacts Favorably

Previous Threads

Titles

Last edited by Gio Gio; 03-26-2011 at 12:38 PM
Gio Gio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2011, 08:44 AM
Elite Fan

Oh you did not! YES!

(Tho is this for them as CF and HBC, or is it also the real pairing?)
Dingbat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2011, 11:00 AM
Elite Fan

This thread is dedicated to both, George/Elisabeth and Colin/Helena I like them on the movie and I love their friendship too

Source: tumblr.com
Old 01-31-2011, 11:24 AM
Elite Fan

First off: Bertie and Elizabeth are my love. I'm obsessed. I read a biography on King George VI a while back and fell in love with him instantly. I know everything about him

Second, Colin and Helena did a lovely job portraying the devotion and love she had for him, and his need for constant support from her.

Third, I laughed a little when I heard that Colin and Helena had never worked together before. It's like some sort of inside joke about how all English actors know each other and have worked together at some point
Old 01-31-2011, 11:33 AM
Elite Fan

aww please have shipper list & add me.
still waiting 4 the film to be released here (yep Im patient enough not to download it ) Absolutely adore Helena & Colin
Old 01-31-2011, 11:41 AM
Elite Fan

Dingbat, this thread is perfect for you Personallly I'm a big fan of Colin. I watched any movie of him but I like Helena too.

P&B4ever, I added you!
Old 01-31-2011, 11:45 AM
Elite Fan

I was waiting for the movie since last March, and it took FOREVER to get to my small-town Canada, Worth the wait tho.

Oh, add me please.

Last edited by Dingbat; 01-31-2011 at 11:50 AM
Old 01-31-2011, 12:12 PM
Elite Fan

Me too. It's a great movie. I can't wait for the Oscars' night!

I added you on the list

“Getting through the mid stage of your life with your dignity and judgment in tact can be somewhat precarious and sometimes all you need is a bit of gentle reassurance to keep on track. I don’t know if this qualifies as gentle reassurance, but right now this is all that stands between me and a Harley Davidson. I owe a very great debt to my supernaturally talented fellow cast members, my exquisite no-nonsense Queen Helena, and my wayward royal older brother Guy. Geoffrey Rush and Tom Hooper, my two other sides of a surprisingly robust triangle of man-love, somehow moved forward in perfect formation for the last year and a half or so. Tom with his scorching intelligence and Geoffrey who has now become my true friend and geisha girl. David Sidler, I know the value of longevity in my relationships, Harvey Weinstein has made an improbable number of good films. We have had 20 years together, which is not bad going for a showbiz marriage. Thank you, Harvey. But the very best thing of all has been Livia, and all the beautiful things she’s given me and I think I can cope with just about any age as long as I can still see her.” - Colin Firth, Golden Globes Awards Speech 2011

I would like to single out just three of I think the most extraordinary members of my profession; Anthony Andrews, Geoffery Rush and Helena Bonham Carter. They’re my dream cast, I just…I want to take you all and go on tour and I’d like to bring our resident magician Tom Hooper, our extraordinary writer, it would have to be produced by Emile Sherman, Ian Canning, Gareth Unwin and of course the intrepid Harvey and everyone at the Weinstein company, and just for their company alone, and if not for their extraordinary wisdom and skill Jessica Colstead, Chris Andrews and my friend Tom Ford, and at the heart of it all, as always, would be my constant and beautiful fellow traveller Lidia. Thank you very much. - Colin Firth, SAG Awards Speech 2011

Old 02-03-2011, 12:11 PM
Elite Fan

Some arts and pics

Old 02-03-2011, 12:45 PM
Elite Fan

Add me please? Colin and Helena were fantastic in this! I really, really hope it's Colin that wins the Oscar!
Old 02-03-2011, 01:37 PM
Elite Fan

I loved the penguin story scene I love dad!Bertie. Reading his biography it really became obvious that he enjoyed being a father and husband first

Quote:
I really, really hope it's Colin that wins the Oscar!
I don't particularly like award season, but I will be ecstatic if he wins. That'll be a Golden Globe, a SAG, and an Oscar in one year.
Old 02-04-2011, 01:34 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by blazing star (View Post)
Add me please? Colin and Helena were fantastic in this! I really, really hope it's Colin that wins the Oscar!
I added you!

I hope he will win too

Old 02-04-2011, 07:55 AM
Elite Fan

Awww The marshmallow scene
Old 02-04-2011, 10:04 AM
Elite Fan

They are so cute

King George VI: [Logue is sitting on the coronation throne] Get up! Y-you can’t sit there! GET UP!
Lionel Logue: Why not? It’s a chair.
King George VI: T-that… that is Saint Edward’s chair.
Lionel Logue: People have carved their names on it.
King George VI: L-listen to me… listen to me!
Lionel Logue: Why should I waste my time listening to you?
King George VI: Because I have a voice!
Lionel Logue: …yes, you do.

Old 02-05-2011, 02:06 AM
Elite Fan

Queen Elizabeth On 'The King's Speech': 'Moved,' Reacts Favorably
First Posted: 02/ 4/11 03:51 PM Updated: 02/ 4/11 04:03 PM

So what's The Queen's Review of 'The King's Speech'?

Two royal thumbs up.

Queen Elizabeth II of England, depicted as the young daughter of King George VI (played by Colin Firth) in the Oscar-nominated film 'The King's Speech,' received a screening about her father's struggle with public speaking and his eventual triumph in inspiring his nation in the face of a German invasion. According to producers The Weinsten Company, she was "moved" by the movie.

The film was only made following the death of her mother, The Queen Mum, who is played by Helena Bonham Carter in the film. She asked writer David Seidel to refrain from committing his screenplay to film until her passing, as it was too painful for her to watch.

Firth has won all the major film awards thus far, including the Golden Globe, for his role as King George VI, and the film, nominated for 12 Oscars, is considered by some to be the favorite after a number of Guild wins over 'The Social Network.'

Here's the full release from The Weinstein Company.

Quote:
New York, NY, February 4, 2011 - The Weinstein Company (TWC) is honored to learn that Her Royal Highness, Queen Elizabeth, has enjoyed a private screening of THE KING'S SPEECH, as reported by Duncan Larcombe, Royal Editor, in today's edition of The Sun. The film, directed by Tom Hooper and written by David Seidler, tells the story of Her Majesty's father, King George VI, as he struggles to overcome a crippling speech impediment while grappling with his sudden, unexpected ascension to throne and the mounting danger of Nazi Germany. THE KING'S SPEECH stars Colin Firth as King George VI, Geoffrey Rush as the King's speech therapist, Lionel Logue, and Helena Bonham Carter as Queen Elizabeth, the Queen Mother.
THE KING'S SPEECH has been seen and admired by many notable public figures, including British Prime Minister David Cameron, who hosted a private screening at his home over the Christmas holidays; Prince Andrew; Lord and Lady William Astor; Lord Edward Spencer-Churchill; and Edwina Sandys, the granddaughter of Winston Churchill (portrayed in the film by Timothy Spall).

Screenwriter David Seidler said, "To learn Her Majesty has seen the film, and was moved, in turn moves and humbles me greatly. When, thirty years ago, the Queen Mother asked me to wait and not tell this story during her lifetime, because the memory of these events was still too painful, I realized the depths of the emotions involved. Now this story has been written and filmed with a great deal of love, admiration, and respect for Her Majesty's father. That Her Majesty has responded favorably to this, is wonderfully gratifying."

Said Harvey Weinstein, TWC co-Chairman and executive producer of THE KING'S SPEECH, "On behalf of the director Tom Hooper; the producers, Iain Canning, Emile Sherman, Gareth Unwin; Colin Firth, Geoffrey Rush, Helena Bonham Carter and our entire ensemble cast: we are deeply honored and humbled by Her Majesty's appreciation of the film. It was a labor of love for all of us and this is high praise, indeed."
Source: Queen Elizabeth On 'The King's Speech': 'Moved,' Reacts Favorably

Reply   Post New Thread