Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 07-04-2020, 10:22 PM
Addicted Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Butterfly85 (View Post)
Yeah, I easily skip episodes and seasons I don't like. I'm usually fine rewatching episodes from S1-4 (Besides Promicide and Coda *pukes*) but I usually just ignore all of S5 and most of S6 since they were garbage in general and before the P/J reunion episodes, they acted like Pacey and Joey weren't in love and in a serious relationship. It's bogus, forced, and ridiculous but that's what happens when you try to bury your best couple on the show.
Yeah, S6A is trash, too. TPTB were so threaten by PJ. A ship they decided to make happen, they have to disrespect them so other couples could shine. The funny part is, it didn't help those couples. They're still inferior. I hope this is never rebooted because I don't like reboots and I know Kevin will want to hook up DJ after all these years and that ship never working beyond friendship. Even if it's just a reuion movie. Leave the series alone.
Old 07-05-2020, 02:07 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Muffy_Simba (View Post)
Yeah, S6A is trash, too. TPTB were so threaten by PJ. A ship they decided to make happen, they have to disrespect them so other couples could shine. The funny part is, it didn't help those couples. They're still inferior. I hope this is never rebooted because I don't like reboots and I know Kevin will want to hook up DJ after all these years and that ship never working beyond friendship. Even if it's just a reuion movie. Leave the series alone.
I was always worried about Kevin wanting to go back down the DJ road, if he came back for a reboot, but during the 20 year reunion photoshoot, he was asked where the characters would be if he wrote the show now and he confirmed that in his eyes, Pacey and Joey got married, had kids, fell on hard times, divorced and that they come together for their children and that there is something between them that they can't let go and basically that we would get to watch them fall in love all over again, as adults. He also said Dawson would be single when he started if he was writing the show. He never said DJ would come back together. He seemed pretty certain about PJ still being end game. I do hate that he said they divorced, but I guess it's reassuring that if he were to split them up, that he would definitely have them come back together and fall in love as adults. He never mentioned DJ together at all.

However, it still scares me thinking he just might, but I'll hold him to his words, that PJ would find their way back, if they were to split.
"pacey I love you, you know that and it's very real." ~ Joey to Pacey 6x24 (dawson's creek)
Old 07-05-2020, 01:29 PM
Cardcaptor Queen

I won't be surprised if they try a DC reboot one day cause Hollywood has no originality anymore. They are literally rebooting everything from the 80's and 90's. If he came back for it, I agree he would still have P/J be endgame. Especially considering how popular they are, they are the biggest staple of the show. He would get huge backlash and low ratings if he tried to force doomed D/J again lol.
Old 07-05-2020, 03:56 PM
Addicted Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by ***BLONDIE*** (View Post)
I was always worried about Kevin wanting to go back down the DJ road, if he came back for a reboot, but during the 20 year reunion photoshoot, he was asked where the characters would be if he wrote the show now and he confirmed that in his eyes, Pacey and Joey got married, had kids, fell on hard times, divorced and that they come together for their children and that there is something between them that they can't let go and basically that we would get to watch them fall in love all over again, as adults. He also said Dawson would be single when he started if he was writing the show. He never said DJ would come back together. He seemed pretty certain about PJ still being end game. I do hate that he said they divorced, but I guess it's reassuring that if he were to split them up, that he would definitely have them come back together and fall in love as adults. He never mentioned DJ together at all.

However, it still scares me thinking he just might, but I'll hold him to his words, that PJ would find their way back, if they were to split.
I thought I remembered him saying, Joey should be with Dawson doing the 20th anniversary? I had a copy of the 20th anniversary EW cover back when I use to get a lot of magazines but I think I threw it out by mistake when I got rid of all of those other magazines. I still don't trust him.

Quote:
I won't be surprised if they try a DC reboot one day cause Hollywood has no originality anymore. They are literally rebooting everything from the 80's and 90's. If he came back for it, I agree he would still have P/J be endgame. Especially considering how popular they are, they are the biggest staple of the show. He would get huge backlash and low ratings if he tried to force doomed D/J again lol.

It definitely would get a bad reception from viewers and critics.
Old 07-05-2020, 09:11 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Muffy_Simba (View Post)
I thought I remembered him saying, Joey should be with Dawson doing the 20th anniversary?
Nah, he mapped out where D/J/P would be if he started the show back up and he confirms that in his mind, P/J got married, had a family, got divorced and that they are in a dark place but come together for their kids and that there is still something between them and we would watch them fall in love all over again as adults. As for Dawson, he said Dawson became Spielberg, never found love, etc.. and if the show were to start, that Dawson would eventually find love and all his dreams come true, but never includes Joey in that scenario. He seemed pretty sure that he would still make P/J end game.

Then again, writers often change their mind. I do think he knows there would be serious backlash if he messed with P/J. P/J are still highly beloved to this day. I don't think Kevin would be ready for that kind of smoke. I'm just saying.

Here's the interview with Kevin on the "Where would they be now?"

"pacey I love you, you know that and it's very real." ~ Joey to Pacey 6x24 (dawson's creek)
Old 07-05-2020, 11:22 PM
Fan Forum Star

ew that makes me so mad him saying PJ got divorced. No way

'People that are meant to be together always find their way in the end'
BrookeღLucas l EdwardღBella l RonღHermione l RyanღTaylor
avi: NOLA504
Old 07-05-2020, 11:42 PM
Cardcaptor Queen

At least he said they find their way back to each other.
Old 07-06-2020, 12:21 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:
At least he said they find their way back to each other.
Yep. I get he said there needed to be conflict and I hate the idea of them divorcing, but I love that he makes it clear they have a family and there is still something between them that always brings them back and that we would watch them fall in love all over again. Basically confirming that just because they separated, doesn't mean it was over for good and that they still end up back where they belong, with each other, falling in love all over again.

I would rather them be happily married, but let's be real, anything is better then him saying PJ divorced and she finds her way back to Dawson. I am glad he didn't say that, at least.
Old 07-06-2020, 05:42 PM
Cardcaptor Queen

Yeah, that would of been way worse. Then again, D/J could never make it work for longer than a few days anyway. So that would of been just as laughable.
Old 07-07-2020, 06:16 PM
Elite Fan

Nope, I could never see DJ being in a happy relationship or even a happy marriage. It just never worked for them.
Old 07-07-2020, 07:32 PM
Moderator Manager

Moderator of ...
Couples

I hate that shows feel the "need" to include conflict and split couples up for no reason.
Old 07-07-2020, 07:57 PM
Addicted Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by ***BLONDIE*** (View Post)
Nah, he mapped out where D/J/P would be if he started the show back up and he confirms that in his mind, P/J got married, had a family, got divorced and that they are in a dark place but come together for their kids and that there is still something between them and we would watch them fall in love all over again as adults. As for Dawson, he said Dawson became Spielberg, never found love, etc.. and if the show were to start, that Dawson would eventually find love and all his dreams come true, but never includes Joey in that scenario. He seemed pretty sure that he would still make P/J end game.

Then again, writers often change their mind. I do think he knows there would be serious backlash if he messed with P/J. P/J are still highly beloved to this day. I don't think Kevin would be ready for that kind of smoke. I'm just saying.

Here's the interview with Kevin on the "Where would they be now?"

Thanks for that. If he knows better, he definitely doesn’t want that pushback. Depending on what happens with school this year. I maybe able to fit in a rewatch.
Old 07-13-2020, 03:02 PM
Fan Forum Star

I would hate to ever see them be divorced. So I hope if their is a reboot that does not happen.
I am an original”
Old 07-13-2020, 06:12 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by msstock87 (View Post)
I would hate to ever see them be divorced. So I hope if their is a reboot that does not happen.
Yeah, I mean, if they feel the need to go down that route for so called "conflict", they could always have them just separate temporarily (even though I hate the thought of that too), but there is no reason to have them actually divorce. That is a scenario I never wanna see play out.
Old 07-13-2020, 08:09 PM
Cardcaptor Queen

I wouldn't want to see them divorced either, but I would hope they would write it better than their post breakup in S5 where they acted like they never saw each other before RME.
Closed Thread   Post New Thread