Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 07-11-2023, 01:31 AM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Nancy Drew

I just restarted my rewatch. S5 is so hard to get through. I've never actually seen it cause I was busy when s5 actually aired.
Old 07-11-2023, 06:04 AM
Passionate Fan

I would have actually like Eve storyline if they had her interact with Jen instead of Dawson and that could have been her storyline.
Since she was related to Jen.

I know everyone thinks they did Andie dirty because of PJo but from what I remember they didn’t even plan PJo until later in the season and that was when the person who took over in the beginning got fired. So they had her cheat before they thought of putting PJo together.

Is might just be me but I always felt Jack was more a part of the friendship group more then Andie. I felt like she was only in the group because she was dating Pacey and once they broke up she really didn’t interact with anyone else besides Jack and she really didn’t fit in with the group.

I don’t remember much about season five but it interesting that people thought that was a DJo season when I think they only interacted with each other in the beginning and the end. I felt she had more scenes with Pacey, Audrey, Charlie and her teacher.

Last edited by Dawson creek fan; 07-11-2023 at 06:34 AM
Old 07-11-2023, 06:52 AM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Nancy Drew

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dawson creek fan (View Post)
I would have actually like Eve storyline if they had her interact with Jen instead of Dawson and that could have been her storyline.
Since she was related to Jen.

I know everyone thinks they did Andie dirty because of PJo but from what I remember they didn’t even plan PJo until later in the season and that was when the person who took over in the beginning got fired. So they had her cheat before they thought of putting PJo together.

Is might just be me but I always felt Jack was more a part of the friendship group more then Andie. I felt like she was only in the group because she was dating Pacey and once they broke up she really didn’t interact with anyone else besides Jack and she really didn’t fit in with the group.

I don’t remember much about season five but it interesting that people thought that was a DJo season when I think they only interacted with each other in the beginning and the end. I felt she had more scenes with Pacey, Audrey, Charlie and her teacher.
It's def not a dj season. I mean its more of joey, pacey, jen, jack, and dawsons as an individual season. Joey interacted way more with pacey, audrey and chad michael murray.
Old 07-11-2023, 09:28 PM
Cardcaptor Queen

Oh yeah, they handled Eve being Jen's sister so horribly. I don't even remember if Jen ever found that out. That should of been the focus instead of having her try to corrupt Dawson, she was way too mature for him and out of his league. You're also right that they wrote Andie to cheat on Pacey before they decided to pair P/J in S3. Like I said, they were throwing things at the wall to see what would stick at the beginning but it's much easier for P/A fans to blame her bad writing on P/J. I also agree that Jack felt more connected to the core group than Andie did, she was brought on to be Pacey's girlfriend then after that they just didn't know what to do with her. You could tell they gave Jack more and better things to do outside of being Joey's boyfriend, and his independent storylines worked out much better for him than they did with Andie. I also loved his relationship with Jen.

I've barely rewatched S5 since it aired lol. I don't remember much outside of D/J imploding five minutes into the season, Dawson and Jen getting together (and him losing his virginity to her) and Mitch dying. I just remember the season sucking and being a major downgrade after how great S3 and 4 were (but that's also usually the case when shows go to college as well) S6 wasn't that great either, the only good thing about it was Pacey/Joey reconnecting for some more episodes later on and the series finale. Besides that, S6 is trash as well lol.
Old 07-12-2023, 06:21 AM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Nancy Drew

S5 is such a slog. But, I realized I didn't even watch most of it. CMMs bad hair is making me
Old 07-13-2023, 04:22 PM
Cardcaptor Queen

A lot of them had bad hair at some point lol. I think the only thing I remembered liking about S5 was at the beginning of the season when Joey didn't know Pacey was in town or something like that, and she sought him out on his boat to talk to him. That seemed to be the only moment the show remembered they were just dating a season before and madly in love until "Castaways."
Old 07-17-2023, 05:33 AM
Passionate Fan

What I do like season five was pacey being a cook and the little bit of PJo we had. But I like it a little better than season 6. Castaway and the end was the best episodes that season.
Old 07-17-2023, 03:11 PM
Cardcaptor Queen

I did like Pacey becoming a chef, especially more than becoming a stockbroker or whatever lol.
Old 07-18-2023, 03:19 AM
Passionate Fan

I wish they had Joey work there with pacey it would of made for a better story and I don’t think the writers would of had a older woman story but it could of still happened with these writers.
Old 07-18-2023, 11:37 AM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Nancy Drew

a stock broker? huh?
Old 07-18-2023, 12:05 PM
Moderator Manager

Moderator of ...
Couples

Won the TV COUPLES survivor. WOOT!
Old 07-18-2023, 11:06 PM
Cardcaptor Queen

Quote:
Originally Posted by ds44 (View Post)
a stock broker? huh?
Yeah, that was his job in S6 and I didn't like that storyline either (but it was fun to watch in "Sex and Violence" when Joey temporarily worked as a secretary there lol) Still very happy P/J won the couples Survivor! Thanks for voting for them in the finals.
Old 07-19-2023, 12:38 AM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Nancy Drew

Np. I forgot about the poll so thanks firvtge reminder. I am hoping to make pj vud if my sv stops acting up
Old 07-19-2023, 12:53 AM
Cardcaptor Queen

Needed all the help we could get since they were pretty much targeted the entire Survivor. They were always a scrappy couple that earned their love and endgame just like in the Survivor lol.
Old 07-19-2023, 01:47 AM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Nancy Drew

Quote:
Originally Posted by Butterfly85 (View Post)
Needed all the help we could get since they were pretty much targeted the entire Survivor. They were always a scrappy couple that earned their love and endgame just like in the Survivor lol.
really? people are still hating on them?