Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 08-27-2021, 04:50 PM
Cardcaptor Queen

I wonder too. I wonder if the writers wanted to do it and the network finally pushed them to do it. In S5 and some of S6 they acted like Pacey and Joey didn't have a relationship for a year and were just madly in love until they kissed in Clean and Sober. I'm just glad someone finally woke the hell up and went back to what worked.
Old 08-27-2021, 06:50 PM
Passionate Fan

I think it was more the network then anything else. I’m just happy we got a full episode and the episode before that and the other two episodes even if there was a bad ending in love bites. Instead of what DJo got which was nothing too exciting or memorable.
Old 08-29-2021, 04:04 PM
Addicted Fan

I think it was a mix of both. The network and some writers pushing for it.
Old 09-08-2021, 11:35 AM
Passionate Fan

I love all the new details coming out with the hd and widescreen for PJo. Like when there having sex you see the tv screen of Pacey touching Joey side. when they go to the rave and congratulate Andie on getting into college there in there own little world or when there kissing in front of the class room you see Pacey smile really wide. I’m pretty sure there more. Someone said when they come home and talk before going there separate ways on the dock in season four you see Pacey dip Joey when they kiss and in fades.

Last edited by Dawson creek fan; 09-08-2021 at 11:44 AM
Old 09-08-2021, 03:51 PM
Cardcaptor Queen

I haven't seen these myself, but I'm glad people are finding new details with the show being in widescreen now. Even 20 years later we are still getting so many new diamonds with Pacey and Joey!
Old 09-28-2021, 04:50 PM
Passionate Fan

You know when Joey said to pacey she doesn’t feel it in love bites I’ve been thinking, I think she was scared of her feelings but also she might think she doesn’t deserve that kind of love that pacey as for her.

Last edited by Dawson creek fan; 09-28-2021 at 05:57 PM
Old 09-28-2021, 09:32 PM
Cardcaptor Queen

Joey was definitely running away in that moment cause she was scared of how real and intense her love for Pacey was. It was something she acknowledged in the series finale. Thank God she went after what she wanted and chose Pacey once again!
Old 11-05-2021, 05:29 AM
Master Fan

I just started watching Dawsons Creek and omg I love these two so much.
Old 11-05-2021, 01:30 PM
Cardcaptor Queen

Get ready, it's only the beginning of the epicness of Pacey/Joey. I love that their chemistry, build up, and love story is still pulling in new fans 20+ years later, but lightning bottle chemistry will never die.
Old 11-05-2021, 08:49 PM
Master Fan

Their chemistry is off the hook like Ii can't believe how quickly I feel in love with them
Old 11-28-2021, 08:59 PM
Moderator Manager

Moderator of ...
Couples

Quote:
Originally Posted by eiluvial (View Post)
Their chemistry is off the hook like Ii can't believe how quickly I feel in love with them
That is such a mood. YES! Amazing chemistry and they're such a quick fan fav.
Old 07-10-2023, 10:32 AM
Passionate Fan

I know Katie and Josh are big fans of Pacey and Joey but I’m surprised that they changed the ending because the actors wanted them to end up together. I’m so happy that they listened to them but I really want to know what James thought of that. He didn’t seem to fight it so I’m guess he really didn’t like DJo

Has anyone read the new book and is there other stuff about the show in it
Old 07-10-2023, 03:10 PM
Cardcaptor Queen

Wow, even though I have posts in this thread I forgot it was even here. I'm surprised it's not bumped more considering how popular Pacey/Joey are lol. I never thought about how JVDB felt about P/J ending up together. I've literally never heard anything, so maybe he didn't care and just accepted the ending. I always knew JJ fought for a P/J ending, but didn't really know KH did too. I wasn't that surprised though, cause she always showed she was pro-Pacey/Joey (Especially in the early 2000s) I'm glad both of them fought for what they believed in and gave us the right endgame. I would of never believed D/J could keep a long term relationship as adults when they could never do it for longer than a month when they were teenagers, especially the horrible way they reacted to their problems in the relationship.
Old 07-10-2023, 04:17 PM
Passionate Fan

I feel like I can talk more on this thread about different topics related to Pacey and Joey then the main one.

I actually wish Kevin would of said something about Katie being happy about the ending like he did for Josh.

I with they had more scenes in season two. Especially when they were both dating siblings. It would of been nice to see what that dramatic world look like. I feel like Joey could’ve help more with the family since she was dating Jack and became really good friends in the later half of the season and that how we could of got more scenes with PJo

I love season three but I wish they did without the love triangle plus Andie.
Old 07-10-2023, 09:57 PM
Cardcaptor Queen

Yeah, I'm glad we have this thread but the True Love thread on the Dawson's Creek board is very fun as well. I'm glad to see you there and I hope you continue to post there too lol. I never thought about that about Pacey and Joey dating Jack and Andie and that could of had them intertwined more in those storylines. That would of been a great way for Pacey and Joey to share more scenes in S2. I always hated that they barely share scenes together in that season, but I always heard it's because JJ and KH recently broke up around that time so I guess that's why. It would of been nice if Joey was more involved in those scenes with them all trying to help Andie with her mental issues, but they of course wasted time having her put up with more and more of Dawson's overdramatic and immature tantrums.

S3 was perfect besides things like Eve, the way they destroyed Andie (but that was just straight up bad writing, not cause of P/J. They were doing some weird experimental things in S3 that didn't work and the way they wrote Andie to give her storylines outside of Pacey just didn't work and was one of those things) and making Dawson the biggest abusive asswipe at the end of the season. I've always hated triangles on TV shows, and the Pacey/Joey/Dawson one is no exception. None of that takes away from the excellent writing for Pacey and Joey's love story in S3 though. I love watching it and still get goosebumps over their scenes to this day.
Fan Forum  |  Contact Us  |  Fan Forum on Twitter  |  Fan Forum on Facebook  |  Archive  |  Top