Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 07-21-2021, 10:00 PM
Total Fan

I found out about because I stumbled on link to the spoilers here for the series finale on an AOL Chat/Message board and I knew my sister watched DC so I knowingly watched with her to see if the spoilers were correct. lol
A dream that I can call my own"

Oliver♥Felicity
Old 07-22-2021, 09:27 AM
Passionate Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by likeiluvJ/D (View Post)
I found out about because I stumbled on link to the spoilers here for the series finale on an AOL Chat/Message board and I knew my sister watched DC so I knowingly watched with her to see if the spoilers were correct. lol
Was your sister happy or disappointed with the ending?

I remember my friend was a DJo fan and we were talking about it and she hoped DJo were going to endgame and I wanted to say they weren’t going to be but I didn’t. She knew I was a PJo fan.
Old 07-22-2021, 11:43 PM
Total Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dawson creek fan (View Post)
Was your sister happy or disappointed with the ending?

I remember my friend was a DJo fan and we were talking about it and she hoped DJo were going to endgame and I wanted to say they weren’t going to be but I didn’t. She knew I was a PJo fan.
I think she was happy with the ending from what I remember.

Oh man, I feel bad for your friend.
A dream that I can call my own"

Oliver♥Felicity
Old 07-29-2021, 04:45 PM
Passionate Fan

We didn’t talk about it the next day. Lol

I hate how people blame Joey for the way she acted in season three when it came to the triangle. She loves pacey and you can see that in her face but at the same time she doesn’t want to lose the second home she ever knows with Dawson and his parents. Also she said time and time again she wanted a friendship with Dawson not anything more.

I feel like they don’t see her side of the story and how she being emotionally blackmailed by Dawson to the point of saying if you choose pacey you lose your second home.
Old 07-29-2021, 07:06 PM
Elite Fan

I agree it's mostly Dawson's fault for being a selfish ahole and emotionally blackmailing her cause he can't handle that Joey fell in love with Pacey (and Dawson was the catalyst for it) but I also still hate that she LET Dawson walk her on a leash like she is his dog that he owns as well. She should of stood up to him and for herself, cause if he could do that to her he's not really her friend or family. As usual, he was ONLY thinking about himself. She should of cut the Cancer that is Dawson out of her life for treating her that way and not giving a damn how she feels or how hurt she was by it all.
Old 07-29-2021, 08:25 PM
Passionate Fan

I wish she cut him out of her life but the show was named after him. Lol if the show only had Pacey/Joey and Jen/jack it would of been a better show. They probably could of cut Dawson out of the college years since he wasn’t with the gang that much. James did ask for less screen time.

I would of also like to seen more Pacey and Joey home life. They would of been better storyline then Dawson parents.
Old 07-29-2021, 10:20 PM
Elite Fan

lol I didn't know JVDB asked for less screen time later on. It's weird that the lead of the show and who it's name after asked for that. Then again, the less Dawson the better.
Old 08-04-2021, 11:54 AM
Passionate Fan

Yep he wanted less screen time in season 5/6. I think the actors were all done with the show at that point point.

I’m not a big fan of the last two season but at least we got to see PJo have a healthy friendship after breaking up and that we got those episodes in season six to show us that Pacey/Joey never really got over each other. She was just scared of her feelings for him and getting hurt by him again.
Old 08-04-2021, 04:02 PM
Elite Fan

I didn't know that about all the actors, but I guess it's normal when they have done many seasons and are ready to move on. I guess that explains why Joey was the only character that was in every single episode, and the other actors missed a lot of episodes in S6. I agree that I didn't like S5 and 6 that much either. The only thing I liked about S6 was Pacey and Joey reconnecting and reuniting in the series finale. As per usual, P/J kept the show afloat lol. The show was at it's best when they were together.
Old 08-11-2021, 09:21 AM
Addicted Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Butterfly85 (View Post)
I agree it's mostly Dawson's fault for being a selfish ahole and emotionally blackmailing her cause he can't handle that Joey fell in love with Pacey (and Dawson was the catalyst for it) but I also still hate that she LET Dawson walk her on a leash like she is his dog that he owns as well. She should of stood up to him and for herself, cause if he could do that to her he's not really her friend or family. As usual, he was ONLY thinking about himself. She should of cut the Cancer that is Dawson out of her life for treating her that way and not giving a damn how she feels or how hurt she was by it all.
My issues were with the problematic writing. Joey should have been able to tell Dawson to go to hell, especially when it came to her body. Why have her lie to him? He's not her freaking daddy. Yes, she had sex for the first time with her boyfriend. Dawson can go cry under a bridge. I still hate that storyline to this day. I actually stopped watching the series after S4 and didn't finish S5-S6 until streaming became a thing. But I did watch the series finale live and I was kinda afraid giving they brought Kevin back. Even though the series, he knew, was long dead after he left. I knew he was always pro Dawson & Joey. S5 and S6A were bad enough. A DJ ending? I don't wanna think about it.
Old 08-11-2021, 05:52 PM
Elite Fan

I don't recall Joey asking Dawson if he had sex with Jen (Unless I forgot cause I block out most of sucky S5) He's a selfish weirdo that acted like he had the lock and key to Joey's virginity.
Old 08-11-2021, 07:36 PM
Addicted Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Butterfly85 (View Post)
I don't recall Joey asking Dawson if he had sex with Jen (Unless I forgot cause I block out most of sucky S5) He's a selfish weirdo that acted like he had the lock and key to Joey's virginity.
TPTB couldn't get away with that today. Praise the TV Gods. IIRC, I remember her being upset about Jen but not because she was a creep like him but because they were back to pushing DJ that crappy season. Speaking of that. Didn't PJ discuss Joey being upset they [Jen & Dawson] were dating, which was weird? We know they were acting like PJ didn't just break up that past summer.
Old 08-11-2021, 10:55 PM
Elite Fan

Like I said, I don't remember much from S5 lol. I think all I remember is Joey was a little upset about it, but she didn't ask him about it or invade his privacy. As for P/J discussing Joey getting back with Dawson, I think I just remember him saying they should get their shot now or something. Them trying to force D/J back together was so bad and shoehorned in they had P/J acting like them just being in love months ago didn't happen and wasn't that big of a deal RME.
Old 08-12-2021, 08:40 AM
Passionate Fan

I know they were trying to push DJo together but from what I remember she had left a voicemail saying it over and that he should stay where he is and I remember PJo talking after the whole Jen/Dawson thing and she said she was relieved she didn’t have to take care of him but she didn’t like that Jen took her place as a friend. I also think she really didn’t want to be with him that season or maybe Katie played it like that because she hated DJo and loved PJo.

I wish new fans would visit the PJo boards to talk about them but it seem like they talk on Twitter.

Last edited by Dawson creek fan; 08-12-2021 at 08:46 AM
Old 08-12-2021, 09:54 AM
Addicted Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dawson creek fan (View Post)
I know they were trying to push DJo together but from what I remember she had left a voicemail saying it over and that he should stay where he is and I remember PJo talking after the whole Jen/Dawson thing and she said she was relieved she didn’t have to take care of him but she didn’t like that Jen took her place as a friend. I also think she really didn’t want to be with him that season or maybe Katie played it like that because she hated DJo and loved PJo.

I wish new fans would visit the PJo boards to talk about them but it seem like they talk on Twitter.
It’s funny that many of us don’t even want to go back to S5 because it’s such a chore to sit through. Same goes for S6A. I’m sure many skip both during rewatches. Twitter is a great invention but it definitely killed message boards. Fans use to go on a show’s message board and just discuss away.

Last edited by Muffy_Simba; 08-12-2021 at 05:13 PM Reason: typo
Fan Forum  |  Contact Us  |  Fan Forum on Twitter  |  Fan Forum on Facebook  |  Archive  |  Top