tho I havent seen the first film when it came out
Only after the 2nd

too bad we dont have BM release date here
Old 04-23-2013, 11:01 AM
Elite Fan

Old 04-23-2013, 11:50 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
'Before Midnight' At Tribeca Film Festival: Ethan Hawke, Richard Linklater Discuss Film
Posted: 04/23/2013 10:43 am EDT | Updated: 04/23/2013 10:48 pm EDT

At the Tribeca Film Festival on Monday evening, celebrities descended onto the red carpet at the Borough of Manhattan Community College theater for the New York premiere of “Before Midnight.” The film's stars, Ethan Hawke and Julie Delpy, who also collaborated on its script, were chipping away at the media, with Hawke wearing a black fedora and Delpy as elegant as ever in a stretchy long-sleeved dress that swept the floor. "Before Midnight" is the third (and, maybe not final) film in director Richard Linklater’s romantic film trilogy, and sees lovers Jesse and Celine, now in their 40s with twin daughters, doing what they do best: walking and talking and arguing, this time through sun-soaked Greece. It's not a far stretch from the project that started it all -- 1995’s “Before Sunrise” and their initial, fated meeting on a train to Vienna -- but a lot can happen in almost 20 years. Here's what they had to say.

How would Jesse and Celine meet if “Before Sunrise” were set in the present day?

Hawke: The first movie, it’d be a totally different piece right now. It doesn’t feel like that much has changed, but a lot of things have changed. It’s strange, my kids can’t believe I grew up in a world without the Internet. But the matching scenario, I find it bizarre.

Linklater: It’s just a whole different movie. It was kind of behind the curve then [technology-wise]. There’s a record, going to a listening booth in a record store, that was pretty antique and obsolete even then, and we shot that in ‘94. So it was always behind the curve, technologically speaking. You could be online back then. But not that many people were. It was more the romantic idea of not connecting. And now it just seems impossible that two people wouldn’t exchange digits of some kind. So that conceit would be hard to pull off.

Some have suggested that a “Before" film will come out every nine years until, well, Jesse and Celine die. Will this be an ongoing thing?

Linklater: It’s coincidental, I think, that these last two have been nine years. It just worked out that way. I think it’d be funny if we did one like 18 months from now and it was some genre -- thriller, comedy or something. Some action film. Wouldn’t that be bizarre? Celine and Jesse would just, yeah, same characters, same stage in life, just a year-and-a-half later, realize you’re in some weird genre. We’re going to do that.

Did Jesse cheat on his wife in that final scene of the last movie, “Before Sunset”? You know, when Celine had invited him back to her apartment and he misses his flight? It’s assumed in the new movie but not completely spelled out.

Hawke: For me to answer that, I wouldn’t have made that movie. But the point is, it’s creating a situation that makes you think about that subject. What is fidelity, fidelity to yourself, fidelity to your past commitments, what does that mean? That’s what the movie is asking you to think about, not, "Did he?" I mean, you know, yes, in the first two [films] it’s, “Are they going to get back together?” The point is, it’s supposed to provoke that kind of thought. And if I answer it, I delete the point of it. [beat] You know exactly what he did, and so do I.

You look disgruntled with my answer. The funny thing is that that’s what Jesse and Celine are discussing at the beginning of “Before Sunset,” when she’s asking, but what happens to those characters in your book, what happens? You see? We’re role-playing here, you and me.
Source: 'Before Midnight' At Tribeca Film Festival: Ethan Hawke, Richard Linklater Discuss Film

---

'Before Midnight' has New York premiere at Tribeca Film Festival

---

Quote:
'Before Midnight': Ethan Hawke, Richard Linklater Tease a Fourth Movie
12:40 PM PDT 4/23/2013 by Erin Carlson

Reuniting at the Tribeca Film Festival, the actor and director along with Julie Delpy discuss the continuing saga of Jesse and Celine.

Fans of Before Sunrise and Before Sunset, Richard Linklater's films co-starring Ethan Hawke and Julie Delpy as star-crossed lovers, will certainly be riveted by the director's latest installment, Before Midnight, which delivers the same talky romance as the first two movies but with a giant -- and brutal -- helping of marital discord.

Although the trouble-in-paradise plotline exposes cracks within the facade of a seemingly perfect union of two soulmates, Jesse and Celine, Delpy -- who co-wrote the film along with Hawke and Linklater -- says she's not worried about alienating Before devotees.

"This one is romantic too but in a different sort of way," said the actress on Monday, joining Hawke and Linklater at a panel ahead of a Before Midnight screening at the Tribeca Film Festival.

"I think people want things that ring true and we tried to make this film ring true -- keep it romantic but not in a romantic way that's, you know, 'Oooh, people are getting married!'" she noted. "Romanticism is not necessarily just one typical, 'this happens, this happens, they get together,' boom. End of film."

The ending of Before Midnight echoes those of the previous films, which closed on notes of ambiguity and, in the case of 2004's Before Sunset, longing and sexual tension as Jesse decides whether to stay in Paris with Celine or catch his flight home to the U.S., where he's got a wife and son.

"I've always thought it should be erotica," said Hawke of the trilogy, which rolled out beginning in 1995 with Before Sunrise and includes a raw and emotionally-charged love scene in the third act, which opens in limited release May 24.

"I'm like, 18 years of frustration!" declared Hawke, to which Delpy quipped: "On that level, you haven't aged at all."

(Throughout the discussion, life imitated art as the two bantered and bickered much like they do in the movies, but always with the joking rapport of longtime friends. "We have chemistry because we're actors," Delpy explained. "We don't live together. We don't have sex. ... We love each other.")

As for the possibility of another installment (which would see Jesse and Celine in their early '50s), Linklater said: "There were threads to the others. You can't see [Before Midnight] and not know that that's conscious. We're tying it, loosely, to the other two but it wasn't a summation. ... People have different opinions, but it's definitely not a final vibe, I don't think."

He added: "There might be another one, who knows? At least we don't have to think about it for five years."

Chiming in to big laughs, Hawke -- possibly alluding to Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull -- joked: "It has to do with these Mayan temples. In Rome."

The Greece-set Before Midnight, which Linklater secretly filmed last summer with cast and crew notified just three weeks' ahead of time, debuted to massive buzz and critical acclaim at the Sundance Film Festival in January. Shortly afterward, Sony Pictures Classics acquired domestic and U.K. rights for somewhere in the ballpark of the mid-seven figures, making it one of the biggest deals of the fest.
Source: 'Before Midnight': Ethan Hawke, Richard Linklater Tease a Fourth Movie - The Hollywood Reporter

---

Quote:
Ethan Hawke and Julie Delpy Are Not So Sure About Soul Mates
By Jennifer Vineyard

Do soul mates exist? You might think so if you've been following the saga of Jesse and Celine across the breadth of Richard Linklater's indie film trilogy Before Sunrise, Before Sunset, and now Before Midnight. The premise: Two strangers who meet on a train feel an inescapable pull that now spans decades and continents. Can a love like that really be denied? Jesse and Celine themselves (sorry, Ethan Hawke and Julie Delpy) reminded us last night, at the Tribeca Film Festival premiere of Before Midnight, that it's just a movie — and movies set us up for unrealistic expectations. "I don't really understand that concept, soul mates," Delpy said. "I don't necessarily believe that soul mates are who you end up in a relationship with. And I don't know about the soul — I'm not sure the soul exists! In my last film [2 Days in New York], my soul was in Vincent Gallo's underwear, so it's hard for me to say. It's too crazy!"

Says Hawke: "I sometimes resist the notion [of a soul mate] because it creates this idea for people who are single that there is something missing, which I don't think is true. If you find somebody who feels like a soul mate, you're the exception. We create this idea [in the movies], but it's like being born Michael Jordan. Not everybody gets to be that fast. But that doesn't mean my life is less because I'm not Michael Jordan."

That's not to say that Hawke and Delpy, who also co-wrote the movie with director Linklater, don't believe in love. It's just that Midnight presents a more realistic idea of long-term commitment. "The first two films are about flirting — in this one, the flirting's over!" Delpy said with a laugh. (Spoiler alert: Jesse and Celine are now raising a pair of twins together, and their new focus is on keeping their relationship going despite work and life struggles.) Will love be enough? "Love is a big word," Hawke said. "It would be horribly arrogant of us to presume to make a statement about something as big as love, but it's our relationship to it, for sure. People who are fans of the other movies, I'm sure their relationships to romance and love are changing, too, as they grow up. It would be weirdly stagnant of us to not address that, you know?"
Source: Hawke and Delpy Are Not So Sure About Soul Mates -- Vulture

---

New poster

Old 04-24-2013, 04:08 AM
Elite Fan

Old 04-24-2013, 11:53 PM
Elite Fan

New trailer (German)

Old 04-25-2013, 11:38 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Long-awaited third part of ‘Before’ trilogy opens
25/04 16:45 CET

‘Before Midnight’ is the long-awaited third instalment in the love story between Jesse (Ethan Hawke) and Celine (Julie Delpy). It follows on from where ‘Before Sunrise’ (1995) and ‘Before Sunset’ (2004) left off.

In the film the American and his French partner are seen on holiday in Greece with their two children.

Both the film’s stars trod the red carpet at the Tribeca festival.

“People are calling it a trilogy because it’s the third one but who knows if it’s going to be like five of these. I mean I have no idea,” said Hawke.

His co-star Delpy says while films may look effortless, they are actually very demanding to make.

“They seem very natural but it’s actually a lot of work behind it. The writing period is very intense and then the acting is very hard because we have to make it as natural as possible and seem totally flawless and we’re kind of like just sitting there or talking or just walking around.”

Director Richard Linklater says the film’s characters are still very much in love, 18 years on.

“I think we’re solidly still in the romantic genre but it’s like romance gets redefined as you get older as we all find out and so that’s pretty cool”.

‘Before Midnight’ opens in the US on 24 May and in Britain on 21 June 2013. It will roll out on screens across Europe after that date.
Source: Long-awaited third part of ‘Before’ trilogy opens | euronews, cinema

[VIDEO] Ethan Hawke Interview: Discusses ‘Before Midnight’ & ‘The Purge’ - Movieline

Quote:
Tribeca Film Festival: Julie Delpy on Being Happy Versus Being in Love
April 25 10:15 AMby Faran Krentcil

If the 1995 hit Before Sunrise made you crush harder on the luminous French actress Julie Delpy than her American co-star, Ethan Hawke, rest assured: 18 years and 26 movies later, Delpy's why-can't-I-be-you brand of infatuation is still going strong. So is the Sunrise franchise, which just screened its third piece, Before Midnight, at the Tribeca Film Festival.
ELLE.com spoke with the actress, writer, and director about her movie, her closet, and her most important advice for American girls.

ELLE: There was literally a line around Tribeca to see Before Midnight. Did you know there was going to be such a big response?

Julie Delpy: I didn't even know there was going to be a third movie! But I didn't know when we did the first [film, Before Sunrise] that there would be a second. And after the second, Before Sunset we had no idea there would be a third. It's always like, five years after the movie comes out, we start talking about doing another one…

ELLE: You and Ethan Hawke helped write each of these movies, but that wasn't the original plan with Before Sunrise, was it?

JD: Not at all. I liked the essence of the film, and I think that's why I wanted to do it, but I realized for it to work, it would have to be much more emotional, personal, and have more about [our] lives…We threw away so much of the original screenplay. I think it was down to 15 pages before Ethan [Hawke], and I helped rewrite the whole film—and then we didn't get credited!

ELLE: Are you mad about that?

JD: In a way it was okay, because I had been too afraid to write before, and Before Sunrise unblocked me. I started writing when I was 16; that's when I wrote my first screenplay. But I'd put it aside for a few years. Before Sunrise made me think I could keep on writing.

ELLE: Why were you scared to write?

JD: I had worked on a film with Sam Shepard as an actress. It was a film called Voyager and I translated [my] screenplay into English for him, the one I'd written when I was 16. I think he read one line of my screenplay, and then he said, "Stay pretty. Don't write."

ELLE: That's insane.

JD: It's okay. He can say that because he's Sam Shepard. But yeah, it blocked me for a while. I said, "Oh my God, I'm ****, I'm ****, I'm ****." I was 19, and in a way, maybe it was good that it happened. Maybe being too self-secure and being like "I can write!" is a bad thing when you're young. And I started writing after Before Sunrise again, so it's okay!

ELLE: Without giving too much away, Before Midnight is the first time we see Celine and Jesse have a fight. And at the screening last night, the audience audibly gasped at some of the things you and Ethan Hawke said to each other…

JD: Did that make you upset?

ELLE: Yes! You were both being so mean.

JD: But you know when people go through a fight, they're saying things because they hurt, and they want to hurt the person back. Sadly, that's the nature of a relationship. It's one moment where you aren't very adult, but that's how love and a certain passionate relationship exists. When you love someone, it doesn't mean you become a perfect human being, do you?

ELLE: No, but you can hope…

JD: Yes, it's true. And some people are still very romantic! I mean, those funny vampire films are super romantic, and I don't think that's bad. It means there are a lot of people who still believe in love in a weird way. Okay, it's a cheesy way, and I guess if you think about it, you're like, "Wait, you can love them as long as they're dead?" Maybe that's the point. Maybe it's more twisted than I thought. You can love but you can't age...

ELLE: You don't age!

JD: You are crazy. What are you talking about? I have so many wrinkles.

ELLE: Not really…

JD: I'm 43, and I really don't take care of my looks. It's kind of a bad thing for an actress, but at the same time, I can't go there. I like clothes because clothes are fun. I'm still a girl, I mean, a woman, and I still love shoes. But the aging and the face...and how do you stay young and skinny and all that? I feel like if I focus on those problems too much, I'm going to lose myself in them, and it's not very interesting.

ELLE: But you like to shop?

JD: Especially vintage. I love vintage dresses…Actually, my dress in Before Midnight is a vintage dress.

ELLE: It's not the same one you wore in Before Sunrise?

JD: It looks like it, but it's a vintage dress that we had re-cut for the film. But I still have the first dress from Before Sunrise at home, and the T-shirt, and the shoes...I was going through my closet throwing things away, and I found them. I didn't throw it away, I promise. I put them in storage.

ELLE: You should eBay it. You could finance your next film.

JD: You overestimate me. We don't have that many fans. Or if we do, they're probably not super rich.

ELLE: You seem to have it together. Will you give us American girls some advice about love and life?

JD: I don't know if it's a French and American girl thing, but what I've noticed from being a grown woman around men is that one thing about love is… Well, it's very hard to sustain love, that's for sure. But the more you have your own life and your own self, and the less you give away who you are, the more men are attracted to you. The more desperate you are for a relationship, the worse it is to find a healthy relationship. Because the minute you become one-and-a-half people instead of two, it's a mess. Nobody's happy. Keeping your identity and having your own life and your own self, that's the only way I can make my life and sustain life. But I'm not sure about your question.

ELLE: What do you mean?

JD: Being happy is not all about love! Love is not everything. Work, friends, and achieving things… your finite thing in life can't be getting married and having children. Like, creating a life for myself that's my own, and my own road? That was always the most important thing for me. Right now, I have a kid and stuff, and it's fantastic to be a mother, but it's not the final thing. You want to stay an individual. You need to stay an individual for your kid, as an example of what a human being should be! You want to stay true to yourself and not become a half a person. That is so, so important.
Source: Julie Delpy Interview - Before Midnight Tribeca Film Festival - ELLE

Julie Delpy shoots and scores with Hipstamatic

Tribeca Film - Ethan Hawke talks to Julie Delpy and director Richard Linklater about the missing eroticism in Before Sunset

Old 04-26-2013, 04:17 AM
Elite Fan

epicnesss!!!!!!!!
Old 04-26-2013, 04:46 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:
The Tribeca Film Festival: 8 movies you should know about
Reviews from the first half of the annual independent film festival, including movies starring Ethan Hawke, Julie Delpy, Paul Rudd, John Slattery, and more
By Scott Meslow | April 24, 2013

For the past week, lower Manhattan has been abuzz over the Tribeca Film Festival, which has offered hundreds of independent film screenings for critics and movie fans. And The Week has been there to see some of the most anticipated, acclaimed, and talked-about movies of the festival. Which Tribeca films should you track down? Which should you avoid? Here, a guide to eight films from the first half of the Tribeca Film Festival:

1. Before Midnight
Directed by Richard Linklater
Starring Ethan Hawke and Julie Delpy

What is it?
The third entry in an unlikely series that began with 1995's Before Sunrise and continued in 2004's Before Sunset, Before Midnight revisits star-crossed couple Jesse (Ethan Hawke) and Celine (Julie Delpy) nearly two decades after they first met on a Vienna-bound train and spent a single, romantic evening in each other's company. It's difficult to write about what makes this film so brilliant without spoiling why it's so brilliant — but suffice it to say, Before Midnight picks up nine years after Jesse and Celine's romantic Paris rendezvous in Before Sunset, which ended on a cliffhanger as Jesse deliberately missed the flight that would have taken him back to his wife and son in America. This time, Jesse and Celine spend a night in Greece, discussing their increasingly complicated lives in the years that have passed since Before Sunset.

Should you see it?
Absolutely (though if you haven't already seen Before Sunrise and Before Sunset, see them first to get the full effect). Before Midnight is a masterpiece — a gorgeous and meaningful film that offers genuine insights about romantic relationships. Don't miss it.
Source: The Tribeca Film Festival: 8 movies you should know about - The Week

Old 04-26-2013, 11:51 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Richard Linklater is back on the clock with 'Before Midnight'
The Directors: The film extends the series about Jesse (Ethan Hawke) and Celine (Julie Delpy) that began in 1995 with 'Before Sunrise.'

By Steven Zeitchik
April 26, 2013, 10:00 a.m.

It's rare for a talky, character-driven drama to be given one sequel, let alone two. Yet with "Before Midnight" — Richard Linklater's reprisal of characters he first made famous 18 years ago in "Before Sunrise" — the director has done just that.

The film, which opens May 24, returns us to the lovelorn Jesse (Ethan Hawke) and Celine (Julie Delpy). This time, the pair — he darkly comic, she earnest and idealistic — aren't meeting by chance but are vacationing on a Greek island, having gotten together nearly a decade ago. Now in their 40s and a little wiser for it, they're living together in Paris and raising twin daughters — a turn that resolves the question about their collective fate posed at the end of the second film, "Before Sunset," all the way back in 2004.

"It's a rare opportunity in the sequel industry to have a movie with such a long gestation period," Linklater said by phone. "Most sequels are instantaneous, victory-lap kind of films. They don't have the luxury of not being in a hurry."

Still, "Midnight" is conscious of what came before and slyly pushes off it. With that in mind, here's a Linklater-supplemented guide to the common areas and how the new film does — and doesn't — offer callbacks to its predecessors.

Location: "Sunrise" took place on the streets of Vienna; "Sunset" in Paris. The backdrop shifts dramatically here — it's a beautiful natural landscape far removed from the previous urban bustle. "I thought it made sense to set this outside the city," Linklater said. "There's something paradisiacal about where they are, which makes it much more interesting when problems start later."

Transportation: Jesse and Celine first met on a train, with all its people and possibilities. "Midnight," on the other hand, opens with a nearly 15-minute take in a car, and all its intimacy and claustrophobia. "I wanted to show that their world has closed a bit, and they're stuck with each other," Linklater said. "But that's OK. A train signifies adventure. But the confinement of a car can be good for a relationship — it forces you to talk."

The youngsters: In "Sunrise," Jesse and Celine were practically kids themselves. In "Sunset" Jesse had a son, never shown. Here? There are three kids, all seen on-screen. It's a reflection, of sorts, of the lives of Linklater, Hawke and Delpy, who went from one child among them in 1995 (Linklater's) to eight.

The title: The "Before" is kept, but for this go-round it's the numbers on a clock, not a solar state, that follows. "Time is a big element in these movies and in how these characters relate to their lives, so I wanted to include that in the title." Of course, doesn't that leave six more hours to cover? "Maybe there's one more movie to complete a 24-hour cycle," Linklater agreed with a laugh.
Richard Linklater is back on the clock with 'Before Midnight' - latimes.com

Old 04-27-2013, 12:01 AM
Supreme Fan

So can't wait! Counting down! My friend went to an advance screening of Before Midnight and said it was AMAZING! Also, I'm jealous!
Old 04-27-2013, 12:22 AM
Elite Fan

I can't wait too

Old 04-27-2013, 11:32 AM
Elite Fan

Old 04-28-2013, 01:53 AM
Elite Fan

BM official movie website

Before Midnight || A Sony Pictures Classics Release

Quote:
‘Before Midnight’ Soundtrack Details
Posted: April 25, 2013 by filmmusicreporter

The details of the soundtrack album for Richard Linklater’s romantic drama Before Midnight have been revealed. The album features the film’s original music composed by Graham Reynolds (Bernie, A Scanner Darkly), as well as the end credits song Gia Ena Tango by Charis Alexiou. The soundtrack will be released on May 21, 2013 and is now available for pre-order on Amazon. Before Midnight stars Ethan Hawke and Julie Delpy who reprise their roles as star-crossed lovers Jesse and Celine from the director’s Before Sunrise and Before Sunset. The movie is set almost two decades since their couple’s first encounter on a train bound for Vienna and finds them in their early forties in Greece. The romance premiered at this year’s Sundance Film Festival where it was acquired by Sony Pictures Classics for a theatrical release on May 24, 2013. To learn more about the film, visit the official movie website.

Here’s the album track list:

1. The Best Summer of My Life
2. Gia Ena Tango – Charis Alexiou
3. Cela?
4. Captain Nina
5. Forgetting Little Things
6. The Beach
7. I Could Hear His Voice In My Ear
8. Is This Really My Life?
9. O Antonis O Kekes
10. Stou Mema Ta Traina
11. Still There, Still There