Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 04-24-2014, 03:38 AM
Master Fan

It was hard to continue watching Greys after Izzie left, but I was an Alex fan too and I wanted to know what Shonda had in store for him. The most difficult part was to see him with all the women after Izzie. And even though it's very serious with Jo now I can't stop watching.
Old 04-24-2014, 06:23 AM
Fan Forum Legend

I couldn't even stick around for the characters I still liked. The show got so bad during season 7, and it seemed to me like the characters were being destroyed one by one, and I knew that if I forced myself to keep watching, I'd end up hating everything from the earlier seasons that I did love.

Leigh Tumblr
Old 04-24-2014, 06:37 AM
Dedicated Fan

I watched most of the episodes of S7 and s8 but after s8 finale i didn't want to watch it anymore when it felt like another show. Even if izzie was back now, i do not think I would watch all eppy i would probably watch izzie and alex s scenes and maybe merder scenes and that is all i want to know about the show now.
It is really different now. I can not even see medical things anymore, It turned a show all about couples and parties. Really i realized that they have had a lot of weddings or parties or things like that for last two seasons. It is like they make a party up when they can not find a story to write.
Old 04-24-2014, 08:11 AM
New Fan

For me i was a fan of the original five as a group. I felt like their chemistry was amazing. They didnt always get a long but it just felt very real. I think thats why i loved the relationship between iz and alex so much because by all means they weren't a perfect match but together they were perfect. I have watched some clips of the newer seasons and i would love to see alex happy but i really feel like they have written his new love interest to he his perfect match in every way. I think the writers were going for the whole they were friends who fell in love but for me it was very obvious from the beginning. I also feel like alex has grown so much a a person he should be with someone who is more mature.
Old 04-24-2014, 08:26 AM
Fan Forum Legend

I don't know anything about what is going on with him now. Kind of glad about that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by epiclovers (View Post)
I watched most of the episodes of S7 and s8 but after s8 finale
I watched most of season 7, stopped around 19/20 because it was too bad. Only ever watched one episode of season 8, because a friend of mine told me it was better. It wasn't.

Quote:
Even if izzie was back now, i do not think I would watch all eppy i would probably watch izzie and alex s scenes
I'd be the same. I won't sit through another episode again, at least not a post season 6 one. If she came back, I'd watch those scenes and those only.

Quote:
I can not even see medical things anymore, It turned a show all about couples and parties.
That was one of my biggest problems. It went from a medical drama to a soap, and I'm just not interested in that. I do like soaps, they can be entertaining, but I do not like other shows turning into soaps.

Leigh Tumblr
Old 04-25-2014, 07:22 AM
Fan Forum Star

I adored the original five as well, I was so in love with the show the early seasons, and then when things started to change, especially after Izzie had her whole Denny spell I just couldn't handle it anymore. Truly sad because I really loved these two, I always will.

» Steve Rogers ♥ Natasha Romanoff
Old 04-25-2014, 08:02 AM
New Fan

i briefly watched yesterdays episode and its soooo different now!! i stopped watching after season 6 so maybe thats why but I felt like its missing that chemistry between the original 5. Surprisingly seeing alex with his new love interest didn't bother me as much as i expected because i feel like they don't have that spark that him and iz did. If he is happy im ok with that but izzie is always gonna be the love of his life no matter what. Its also really lacking all the medical stuff from before now its just them talking about their personal lives while they are operating on someone lol

Last edited by LillaBar; 04-25-2014 at 08:10 AM
Old 04-25-2014, 12:24 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by LillaBar (View Post)
Surprisingly seeing alex with his new love interest didn't bother me as much as i expected because i feel like they don't have that spark that him and iz did.
Back to the old topic. I think it's not bashing when I say that I feel the same. The "spark" was only between Alex and Izzie. I didn't feel it with his other women, though I know there were some Alex/Lexie and Alex/Addison supporters.
Old 04-25-2014, 10:32 PM
Moderator Manager

TFTNT!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlondieLeigh (View Post)
I couldn't even stick around for the characters I still liked. The show got so bad during season 7, and it seemed to me like the characters were being destroyed one by one, and I knew that if I forced myself to keep watching, I'd end up hating everything from the earlier seasons that I did love.
Ditto.

Witness the magical sprouting of the Purple Acorns
As hopes turn into reality

Old 08-31-2014, 04:45 PM
Fan Forum Legend

X

Leigh Tumblr
Old 09-01-2014, 01:01 AM
Moderator Manager

That gifset is perfect! So happy that they were back together again in that ep.

Old 09-01-2014, 06:15 AM
Master Fan

can i be added

youtube
Old 09-01-2014, 06:34 AM
Master Fan

Welcome!
Old 09-11-2014, 03:53 AM
Moderator Manager

Welcome to the thread, leah19!

Old 09-13-2014, 07:39 PM
Fan Forum Star

That makes me miss them so much.

» Steve Rogers ♥ Natasha Romanoff
Fan Forum  |  Contact Us  |  Fan Forum on Twitter  |  Fan Forum on Facebook  |  Archive  |  Top