Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 01-16-2023, 09:16 AM
Moderator Support Team

Moderator of ...
Emma Watson
Nancy Drew

They were so good together. Wish we would have gotten that spinoff.
Old 01-16-2023, 09:31 AM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Friends

Me too, we went from almost having everything to having it all destroyed
Old 01-16-2023, 10:42 AM
Moderator Support Team

Moderator of ...
Emma Watson
Nancy Drew

The Julie Plec way...
Old 01-16-2023, 02:48 PM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Friends

Seems to be

Forwood Summer Challenge
↳ Week Seven - high school
https://forwoood.tumblr.com/post/579...eek-seven-high

Old 01-16-2023, 05:34 PM
Moderator Support Team

Moderator of ...
Emma Watson
Nancy Drew

Lovely!
Old 01-16-2023, 05:48 PM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Friends

It's a shame that they didn't get to do more normal high school things together
Old 03-06-2023, 02:15 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Movies

^^ Lovely gif set of season 3 high school fluff, Sophie. I loved how even when he became a hybrid and his behavior shifted, Tyler was still in there and craved Caroline's constant love and approval.

I still can't believe Julie Plec validated Klaroline after Klaus violated Tyler's body by way of attempting to rape Caroline in the guise of her boyfriend. This show got SO bad once they let the Mikaelson family take over.
Skam Italia icon
Gwen
Old 03-06-2023, 02:43 PM
Moderator Support Team

Moderator of ...
Emma Watson
Nancy Drew

YES! I just don't get it and I never will.
Old 03-06-2023, 03:01 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Movies

The fact that they ended up prioritizing a villain family over the original cast by season 4 just baffles me.

I adore Elijah on his own, but he was an effing MESS any time he tried to justify his love for Klaus despite all the BS he caused. I still can't believe he chose spending an eternity beside Klaus over his love for Katherine.

Tyler's entire life was destroyed by Klaus all because of his selfish objective to build a hybrid army... Then once he got randomly obsessed with Caroline, the whole arc turned into Klaus acting like a pathetic teenager trying to steal Tyler's girl. I was just absolutely done.

God knows how Michael Trevino ever has the guts to sit with the cast at these ongoing panels I mean, I would absolutely dread the questions I would be asked about what the writers did with Forwood after season 3. Plus, Tyler was a hot mess in season 5 and NOTHING can make up for Tyler somehow getting blamed for Caroline hooking up with Klaus. Stefan really pissed me off when he punched Tyler ~to defend Caroline~ in 5x12
Skam Italia icon
Gwen
Old 03-06-2023, 06:32 PM
Moderator Support Team

Moderator of ...
Emma Watson
Nancy Drew

Yeah I remember all of that...even though I personally quit watching after 4x02.

No wonder Trevino left the show after Season 6 and I bet he wishes he never came back for the final season. He had no clue he was going to be killed off.

I don't understand how you go from potential spin-off (Mark Pedowitz wanted a Tyler/Caroline in the city spin-off) to what actually happened. It's so ridiculous.
Old 03-07-2023, 05:24 AM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Friends

Them keeping Klaus around & basically making the whole show revolve around him is what ruined the show for me

& the way the writers & some viewers bend over backwards to try & make Tyler the bad guy all the time is disgusting. I actually can't deal with it, it's so stupid
Old 03-07-2023, 05:27 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Movies

The whole show became dictated by Klaroline fans. The fact that it changed from an AU ship to one that was sleazily hooking up out of nowhere in season 5 unfortunately proves it (why on earth would Caroline be attracted to the guy who forced her boyfriend to leave the country??? ) Plus Tyler's random disappearing acts were ridiculous. Michael Trevino went from being a main cast member to suddenly being gone for LONG periods.

Then it's as if he's had a personality transplant in season 5. They have Caroline beg him to stay with her and he refuses to give up pursuing revenge against Klaus (understandably)... But the break-up was SO forced and made him look like a jerk. Then he's pissed off when he finds out about her and Klaus (also understandably) but once again, they have him get drunk, act like an entitled jerk and have Stefan treat him like he's being a chauvinist possessive ex-boyfriend.

Ultimately, when I look back on TVD I see it as a show of 3 parts. The first part has Forwood in love and written well. The middle is a complete toxic mess and the end gave me the beautiful yet tragic Bonnie/Enzo romance - albeit absolutely nothing else.
Skam Italia icon
Gwen
Old 03-07-2023, 01:27 PM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Friends

It was awful. & I don't get how people can blame Tyler for being mad at Caroline - how would you feel if someone close to you slept with the person who had not only ruined your life, but murdered your mom? I mean, do people seriously expect him to just shrug that off?! & Tyler just wanted to be left alone, his eyes changed, he didn't try to attack Caroline, but Stefan came in like he had & then said that Tyler almost killed her in the next episode!

Funny how Stefan (& a chunk of the fans) had a problem with Tyler supposedly being 'violent' to Caroline, when it had never bothered them that Klaus & Damon had both actually tried to kill her multiple times
Old 03-07-2023, 06:10 PM
Moderator Support Team

Moderator of ...
Emma Watson
Nancy Drew

It's really no coincidence that the show got bad after Kevin Williamson left.
Old 03-08-2023, 02:02 AM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Friends

I wish he had stayed, I think that things would have turned out a lot better for us