Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 07-29-2018, 04:52 AM
Master Fan

Emotional Kinship [Kara + Brainy] #1: “Brainy, I gotta tell you....I love being back with the Legion – and you know how I feel about you!”

#01;

K a r a D a n v e r sQ u e r l D o x

[ K a r a • B r a i n y]

appreciation thread

"Now you're talking to me. Supergirl is talking to m e."

Kara Danvers is the daughter of the scientist Zor-El and judicator Alura. Kara was sent to Earth from the dying planet of Krypton to protect her younger cousin Kal-El. However, Kara's pod was knocked off course by Krypton's explosion, sending her ship into the Phantom Zone where she slept for twenty-four years[1], while being suspended in time and not aging. Her pod later escaped, and she arrived on Earth where she was placed with the Danvers family by a now-adult Kal-El, who was known to the humans as "Clark Kent".
Querl Dox also known as Brainiac 5, is a Coluan and a member of The Legion. A 12th-level intellect considered a genius even by the standards of Colu, Brainiac 5 is an incredible scientist, inventor, and combat strategist, affectionately nicknamed "Brainy" by the other legionnaires. He is now living in the past in order to solve the problems of the future.

● ● ●

the shippers;
01. SuitUp
02. eternalfate
03. Elektra
04. baelfire24

"Kara wakes up in her loft, hearing a knock at the door. She opens it to reveal Querl standing there, talking nervously about meeting her. Kara is very confused by his comments till he calls her Supergirl. She immediately pulls him into the loft telling him to be quiet. He officially introduces himself as Brainiac 5, otherwise known as Querl Dox, but that the Legionairs just call him Brainy. He informs Kara about what's going on.

Kara eventually finds a picture of herself and a black cat. Brainy asks if that was her pet, Kara says yes, but quickly wonders why her subconscious would want her remember her cat. Brainy says it could be a random neuron firing and asks the name of the cat. Kara named him Streaky and that he had been a stray like her.
Brainy asks if she had felt an emotional connection with the cat. Kara says yes, she and Streaky were friends. Streaky suddenly appears in her loft. As she walks over to him, she explains how she used to feed him every night, but was so scared to touch him due to her super strength. She had practiced being gentle, until she was confident that she wouldn't hurt him. She then pet him, and he purred, the act making her feel human, instead of like an alien.

After Kara wakes up, Brainy walks through the DEO in her direction. Kara see's him and says hi, then asks if he's shorter in reality. He then asks if she's suggesting that he changed his height while in her head so that she would see him as someone more stable and trustworthy, thereby making her more likely to want to work with him to help her. Kara confusingly answers yeah, and Brainy confirms that she's correct. She laughs, and he says that it's nice to meet her in real life. As he walks away she smiles at him.

first meeting;

Kara: You're all clear, kid. Now let's blow this thing and go home.
Brainy: I assume that's some sort of film reference.
Kara: We never showed you Star Wars? Not a single Star War?

KARADOX NEED TO CURL UP ON THE COUCH & WATCH STAR WARS

"Out of all the 4,237,642 versions of our first meeting that I e n v i s i o n e d.
"
Philanthropist.

You can take away my house, all my tricks and toys, but one thing you can't take away – I am IRON MAN.

Last edited by fall into your smile; 11-16-2018 at 09:42 AM
SuitUp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2018, 08:51 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Add me to the list.
Also the OP is stretching out, can you fix that?
eternalfate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2018, 11:04 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Phoebe Tonkin

Is this Supergirl?

{taek su mi sun}
fall into your smile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2018, 12:54 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by could never leave you (View Post)
Is this Supergirl?
Correct.

Supergirl and Brainiac.
Old 07-30-2018, 01:06 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by eternalfate (View Post)
Add me to the list.
Also the OP is stretching out, can you fix that?
Added you.

Fixed it. I think.
Philanthropist.

You can take away my house, all my tricks and toys, but one thing you can't take away – I am IRON MAN.
Old 07-31-2018, 06:28 PM
Fan Forum Legend

^ You were successful, it's fixed and the OP is so lovely.
Old 08-01-2018, 01:34 PM
Master Fan

Yay and thank you!!!
Philanthropist.

Old 08-02-2018, 03:52 AM
Total Fan

Your OP puts my KaraDox OP on the Supergirl board to shame

Please add me to the list

Old 08-03-2018, 05:36 AM
Master Fan

Lol no.

Added you. I love those. "It was a kiss felt through time and space."

I really do hope they pursue a romantic relationshp between Kara and Brainy. I understand needing to pause given Kara's track record of heartbreak but eventually. The source material they could pull from.

S4 should ensure they are in each other's orbit and building a strong foundation of friendship. After there first meeting in s3, their interactions fell off the map.
Philanthropist.

Old 08-03-2018, 12:05 PM
Total Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuitUp (View Post)
I really do hope they pursue a romantic relationshp between Kara and Brainy. I understand needing to pause given Kara's track record of heartbreak but eventually. The source material they could pull from.

S4 should ensure they are in each other's orbit and building a strong foundation of friendship. After there first meeting in s3, their interactions fell off the map.
Well, Lois Lane didn't show up on Smallville until Season 4 too. Brainy/Kara is equivalent to Lois/Clark in the comics.

I do have one concern though: I worry that the show will have Kara ignore Brainy in Season 4 unless it's DEO related --- kind of like what happened when they forgot Winn was supposed to be Kara's BFF.

On a side note: Has it been confirmed that Brainy is a SERIES regular rather than just a Season 4 regular? I ask this because if Winn is recurring, the Legion will be coming back eventually, so they'll have to be carrying over the whole "Evil relative destroying AIs" plotline. I'm just hoping Brainy sticks around when that story is over.
Old 08-03-2018, 04:01 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Phoebe Tonkin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elektra (View Post)
Your OP puts my KaraDox OP on the Supergirl board to shame

Please add me to the list

Nice.

{taek su mi sun}
Old 08-03-2018, 05:35 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elektra (View Post)

On a side note: Has it been confirmed that Brainy is a SERIES regular rather than just a Season 4 regular? I ask this because if Winn is recurring, the Legion will be coming back eventually, so they'll have to be carrying over the whole "Evil relative destroying AIs" plotline. I'm just hoping Brainy sticks around when that story is over.
Yes he is a series regular next season, it was confirmed during the ending of season 3 he would be.
Old 08-03-2018, 07:28 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Phoebe Tonkin

Nice OP.

{taek su mi sun}
Old 08-03-2018, 07:52 PM
Total Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by eternalfate (View Post)
Yes he is a series regular next season, it was confirmed during the ending of season 3 he would be.
I know he was confirmed as being a series regular, but it's the "for season 4" thing I was wondering about.

I figured that meant starting in Season 4 but staying on into Season 5, Season 6, etc until the show is over...

...but then they started introducing all these other "for Season 4" characters like Agent Liberty, and I'm pretty sure Agent Liberty is ONLY in Season 4 (like Sam/Reign was in Season 3) and will not be appearing beyond that, so I just wanted confirmation that Brainy is indeed staying BEYOND Season 4 .

Old 08-04-2018, 05:16 AM
Fan Forum Legend

^ It really depends if they are planning so far in advance? I think we just have to take one season at a time. lol
Reply   Post New Thread