I loves me some George

I've gotta run, too.

I'll see you guys later
Old 06-04-2007, 02:52 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Don't think I won't go back and look at them

I loves me some George
I realised this morning that I left you unsupervised for an entire night with topless George. You must be near catatonic by now.
Old 06-04-2007, 04:48 AM
Elite Fan

I made a few changes to the front post. Added some G/J pics and a quote. I also switched the first pic to their moment on the porch where she gives him the drawer and the last pic to their reunion because I felt their breakup was a bit too sombre. I also added you guys to the fanlist so this is starting to look half decent!

Last edited by I'm Not Dead; 06-04-2007 at 05:26 AM
Old 06-04-2007, 05:32 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by irishghost (View Post)
I'd like to think I wouldn't continue just for the money but it must have been tempting to remain in such a safe situation - being on the top rated show in the country and working with such a great creative team. The only concern I would have had for Julianna sticking with the show for another 2 years would be that they might have pursued further a relationship with Luka. George's career really began to take off big time in 2001/2002 and it would have been very difficult for him to return for any guest spots. I just worry that we may not have gotten our happy ending if she stayed another two years. But it would be crazy to turn down $27million.:
I'm glad that Julianna left when she did because in seasons 5 and 6 it was already making the Doug/Carol ship look ridiculous. Carol had Doug's children, but they can't live in the same city together And it was hard to know if they had officially broken up or not from what I remember, but then there was the thing with Luka so I guess they had

I wonder what storylines Carol would have had if she had signed on for another two seasons
Old 06-04-2007, 05:56 AM
Elite Fan

She would have joined the circus, knowing ER.

I get what you mean. They never officially broke up but they didn't talk between the time she told him she was pregnant and when the twins were born. He tried calling but she never picked up or just let the machine get it. Julianna made it a point that people know he wasn't a deadbeat dad. She said, "Carol's the bitch here". George and Julianna both thought that Doug would just be working in a different hospital in Season 6 and that would account for why he wasn't seen at County and it would imply that he and Carol just saw each other at home. But NBC saw George Clooney's exit as a vehicle for major sweeps ratings and made them do this stupid storyline where he never even gave a reason for leaving. Everytime Carol asked him to stay, he said he had to go because he couldn't stay. We weren't the only ones frustrated, though. Carol actually said to him, "I don't understand that".

If Carol had stayed until the end of Season 8, we would have lost her, Mark, Benton (and any reason for Doug to return) in one season. Too many blows at once.

Julianna said she almost went back last year to do a few episodes in Darfur with Noah Wyle but she pulled out at the last minute when she decided that her character got such a great exit and people still are only now beginning to see her for something other than the woman who played Carol Hathaway.
Old 06-04-2007, 07:04 AM
Elite Fan

Mornin!
Old 06-04-2007, 07:09 AM
Elite Fan

Hey!
Old 06-04-2007, 07:11 AM
Dedicated Fan

Quote:
They never officially broke up but they didn't talk between the time she told him she was pregnant and when the twins were born.
I see it like this as well but something is bothering me . No talking also means a surprise baby Poor Doug.
I think Carol backed herself into a corner and saw no way out. She knew she had hurt him and I believe she really did not know what to say .
Old 06-04-2007, 07:36 AM
Elite Fan

She actually said that's why she didn't talk to him. "I don't know what else there is to say" maybe made Mark think she was at a loss over their relationship when really she couldn't handle the guilt of keeping Doug so in the dark. Doug must have gotten quite a surprise when he saw the babies for the first time.

I'll post some screencaps later. I know how much you all appreciate them.

And thank you, Avery, for the banner.
Old 06-04-2007, 07:47 AM
Master Fan

I love the new pics and banner

Beautiful
Old 06-04-2007, 07:50 AM
Elite Fan

Glad you like it, Tanith.

Last edited by I'm Not Dead; 06-04-2007 at 07:56 AM
Old 06-04-2007, 08:01 AM
Master Fan

Pretty hard not to
Old 06-04-2007, 08:03 AM
Elite Fan

For your birthday, we'll make it an all-George front post and you'll find it even harder. Provided I get an all-Mila and all-Julianna one for my bday next month.
Old 06-04-2007, 08:09 AM
Master Fan

Oh that would be heaven.

And you tell me when your bday is and I'll bring out the ladies
Old 06-04-2007, 08:11 AM
Elite Fan

July 1st. I'm going parachuting.
Closed Thread   Post New Thread