Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 02-13-2017, 08:26 AM
Dedicated Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by lessismore (View Post)
I was kinda disappointed with a too short season and It lacked many things but at the end it was ALL Chuck and Blair I actually loved many things about it as well

Chuck and Blair are getting married. The biggest story of Gossip Girl

What a gorgeous gifset
Yep I loved chuck and Blair in it but imo they were the ONLY redeeming thing of that whole season! Don't actually realise how much I disliked it until I rewatch it now, if it wasn't for them I would probably hsve found it only marginally better than 5 haha. So dissatisfying but thank god we got to see them married! After all that we were due it!
Old 02-13-2017, 12:04 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greysjolex (View Post)
Yep I loved chuck and Blair in it but imo they were the ONLY redeeming thing of that whole season! Don't actually realise how much I disliked it until I rewatch it now, if it wasn't for them I would probably hsve found it only marginally better than 5 haha. So dissatisfying but thank god we got to see them married! After all that we were due it!
Oh I absolutely agree! Then again who cares about anythng else other than CB?

Beautiful
Old 02-14-2017, 04:53 AM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greysjolex (View Post)
Yeah exactly I guess they hoped people had short term memory loss and would look past those things, but when we're supposed to look past as something as catastrophic as dan/Blair, well, that's just a pretty damn stupid assumption to make. Oh absolutely - the DB media (aussiello eugh) were just relentless and You're right they were Very loud, and it was a misrepresentation.. almost every single casual fan I know who wasn't in fandom shipped the core couples and liked SB and the NJBC. In fact, it wasn't until I was so gobsmacked over the awfulness of season 5 and joined the fandom that I even realised people actually shipped DB at all!!! Yeah they definitely did, and they underestimated how much we would care about their pain. And yeah Serena did nothing to deserve it. I think it's quite obvious that the gg fandom is quite Blair biased - she's my favourite character as well, however I still LOVE Serena, almost just as much as Blair. And In a different way, and That's the point, they are contrasting characters and that's why they work so well as leads in the show and as best friends. But for some reason they are put against each other so often, instead of admiring them as complicated and interesting characters. And of course we all have favourites but why does that have to mean the other is a 'bitch' or is always wrong?? That always bothered me SO MUCH. Because can you honestly imagine if Serena had been the one to actively encourage Blair to pursue chuck, then in the SAME EPISODE turn around and kiss him in dans bedroom?? And then proceed to date him? Serena would've ended up at the bottom of the river, courtesy of Blair and she would've been decimated in the fandom, along with chuck. It's just unheard of and before season 5 the same would've been true of Blair. I will always hate how they changed some her BEST qualities (loayalty, fierce protectiveness, caring for her loved ones) to prop their agenda

Eugh and the Serena/Nate thing was a ridiculous comparison, and even if it was similar, look st the remorse Serena had. The letter scene is one of the most emotional of the show, probably the bff equivalent of the train station cb scene, and it saddens me how instead of celebrating that special friendship the show let it be compromised. Oh yeah I was fully on serenas side in s5 and was happy she stood up for herself. I wish instead of the Steven BS we saw a career story for her, but I am also glad they at least had Blair acknowledge her hypocrisy, if not an apology (I'll never be fully ok with it but I'm glad they made up)

Yesss the only thing that made season 6 bearable was the CB definitely, episode 5 just portrayed everything we love about them, I adore that chuck didn't even give a toss about dans article lol or him trying to get Blair back. In fact it was the episode that put him and Serena back on track, so things were starting to come right (or as right as it could with 10 episodes to fix the season 5 mess). Mostly because chair were so secure which I loved and I think they both knew the only thing standing in the way of their relationship at that point was themselves!!

Aww thats beautiful one of the beet gif sets I've seen!!! when DONE RIGHT I adored the parallels they loved to do
Yes casual fans love CB - you rarely see any hate and you often see about that couple. It must have been a shock to see they had fans! Obviously I love Blair but the fandom is very bias towards her. She got away with a lot of things that if others did the fandom would/did hate on them but it is what it is. My fav is Chuck so you can imagine how being in the fandom around the time the writers threw him under a bus and semi trailer and train etc. was like

The letter scene was beautiful and emotional. I do think they valued SB as the main friendship until S5. Even when they started to invest in db in S4 at least they let SB still interact and be a part of each others story, sadly that didn't happen in S5 but I think we have already said the only redeemingly thing in S5 was Chuck.

Serena with Steven was so frustrating. Such a waste of time and disappointing. They shouldn't have had any guest stars hang around longer than an episode in IMO and focus on the mains but unfortunately they still had most of the writers from S5. I didn't mind them bringing back characters from previous seasons like Nelly, Jack, Georgina and Bart (though that is another rant for another time, ) Yes I would have loved to see Serena focus on her career like they let Blair do and they could have rebuilt DS from the opening and made that more believable.

I love that Chuck didn't interfere in Blair's relationshisp after she was in them. He certainly tried and manipulated things prior to these relationships starting but once she was in them he left them alone. And I love that he wasn't jealous of her past relationships in S6 - showed how much they trusted each other (which we know is very important to Blair along with personal hygiene and sex that was a great line in S5).

Quote:
Originally Posted by lessismore (View Post)
Hi my boos! Sorry I neglected here lately, missed you guys So glad you kept this thread alive, it made me so happy!

So many goodies!! I loved what you've written! I miss them so much.
Hi CK we have missed you too It has been great to have Greysjolex here to keep the thread alive and I am enjoying her interesting and insightful observations.
Old 02-14-2017, 07:38 AM
Fan Forum Hero

I love yous were wow. i rewatched season 2.
Old 02-15-2017, 02:25 AM
Dedicated Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by trulyimproud (View Post)
Yes casual fans love CB - you rarely see any hate and you often see about that couple. It must have been a shock to see they had fans! Obviously I love Blair but the fandom is very bias towards her. She got away with a lot of things that if others did the fandom would/did hate on them but it is what it is. My fav is Chuck so you can imagine how being in the fandom around the time the writers threw him under a bus and semi trailer and train etc. was like

The letter scene was beautiful and emotional. I do think they valued SB as the main friendship until S5. Even when they started to invest in db in S4 at least they let SB still interact and be a part of each others story, sadly that didn't happen in S5 but I think we have already said the only redeemingly thing in S5 was Chuck.

Serena with Steven was so frustrating. Such a waste of time and disappointing. They shouldn't have had any guest stars hang around longer than an episode in IMO and focus on the mains but unfortunately they still had most of the writers from S5. I didn't mind them bringing back characters from previous seasons like Nelly, Jack, Georgina and Bart (though that is another rant for another time, ) Yes I would have loved to see Serena focus on her career like they let Blair do and they could have rebuilt DS from the opening and made that more believable.

I love that Chuck didn't interfere in Blair's relationshisp after she was in them. He certainly tried and manipulated things prior to these relationships starting but once she was in them he left them alone. And I love that he wasn't jealous of her past relationships in S6 - showed how much they trusted each other (which we know is very important to Blair along with personal hygiene and sex that was a great line in S5).

Hi CK we have missed you too It has been great to have Greysjolex here to keep the thread alive and I am enjoying her interesting and insightful observations.
Haha yeah, I was lurking for years in the cb threads but didn't go into any other places, and when I first started posting I asked the dair fans on tv fanatic why they liked them (genuinely curious) and got my head bitten off lol, fandom and the fan wars were so bad back then and the writers loved to fan the flames

Yeah Blair definitely gets away with a lot, I myself naturally sided with her a lot in the early SB fights - I think she's just one of those characters you love unconditionally haha. She lashes out st the people she loves most, but at the same time would do ANYTHING for them, unquestionably, and that's the part of her that got taken away in late season 4/5. And it was then when she hurt Serena and chuck really badly and didn't seem to care, that's when I had a huge issue with what they had done to her, as it just wasn't in character. Oh god yeah I can imagine!! I myself was raging st him for the whole Eva thing so I'm glad he got some positive development in season 5.

It really was, and I also get so many feels at the helipad scene in 1x13 as well. I liked that their relationship seemed to be the centre of the show, with everything else happening aroud them, and for the first few seasons that was definitely the case. And they will probably always be my gossip girl OTP, along with CB. Season 1 and 2 will always be my favourites because CB was awesome but SB's friendship was the heart and I loved their storylines just as much as watching CB's love develop in season 2. Yeah season 5 was a disaster in almost every way and I just don't even accept it as cannon hahaha.

Omg yes, SAGE.. and IVY.. WHYYYY writers.. why were they even necessary?! They knew they had a shortened season so it will never make sense to me why they didn't focus on the originals ESPECIALLY when Serena was at her absolute rock bottom!! It's not something that should've been a quick fix, it would've been really compelling to see her coming back from that. And I'm glad Blair got a career focus but they could've done more with that as well.

Ah yeah that is very true!! How he could stomach letting DB play out is something he deserves a heck of a lot more credit for Haha, but you're right he really did just want her to be happy! Oh yeah I did love that about season 6 - there was never a question of trust, and that was so obvious when dans little attempt to get back in Blair's orbit in episode 5 was completely ignored by chuck haha. Also that season 5 line do you think the writers knew how that came across when you have season 5-hair dan in that bath robe at the beginning of the episode? Brilliant haha!

Thank you!! I am loving these discussions too, there is always so much to talk about with this show whether it's good or bad!!

And yes the season 2 ilys were soooo special!!
Old 02-16-2017, 05:39 AM
Part-Time Fan

I lurked for ages too, I think I started posting half way through season 4. Oh you made a rookie error asking those fans why they shipped it you would never get a nice reply back or probably got told "at least he didn't sell her for his hotel"

I was NOT happy with Chuck in 4x03 and 04 - hated those episodes I don't think I have ever watched them again! After such a beautiful scene in 4x02 at the train station and to see Chuck show such remorse and sadness for what he did to Blair was completed erased in those next two episodes I just didn't get why the writers did that!?! But then I didn't mind the war he declared on Blair because I could tell he did it because he just wanted to be in her life again and it lead to my fav 3 episodes in a row 4x07-09.

Every character was more likable in the first 2 seasons though I remember not really liking Nate that much even though he was pretty to look at.

It was the length of time Sage and Ivy were around more than their characters for me. I know Ivy was suppose to fill the Jenny and Vanessa gap but after the identity scheme was over there wasn't any where for her character to go and hooking her up with Rufus was as disturbing as db.

I remember now a time I think Chuck reacted to db when they were dating was at their coming out party when he arrived because Nate dragged him there. He sort of rolled his eyes at them and looked away in disgust

If there was ever any doubt Blair was not in her right mind it was at that moment when Dan came out in that bathrobe! Real B would have run back to the UES and never looked back

What would your ideal last two seasons look like? I would have loved to see CB marry in the 100th episode and watch them navigate being married for the rest of that season and maybe had Henry at the start of season 6. We might have got a full season 6 if that had happened.
Old 02-16-2017, 06:51 AM
Fan Forum Hero

I am Chuck Bass and you are blair waldorf and I love you.
Old 02-16-2017, 07:40 AM
Dedicated Fan

I know it was a big rookie error and one I never bothered to repeat hahah yes it was something along those lines

Yes I was exactly the same!! Never understood why they did that I was very close to loathing him during those episodes :/ I ended up ok with the war because of 4x08 but he had no right to declare than on her in the first place lmao, I was defo the biggest Blair Stan during season 4 episodes 1-9 than I probably was throughout the whole series haha yeah Nate was always kind of meh to me as well but I really liked him in season 3, when he was falling for Serena, and I hsve a really soft spot for NS. He loved her so much and I think it's endearing that there was never another girl for him really. I actually think they could potentially find their way back together in the future, when they're both ready, not unlike CB haha. Idk, I liked DS in season one and have no issue they Were endgame of the show, but I always thought of NS as sort of the lighter version of chuck and Blair, but the writers never really embraced their potential and gave them a real chance!

That's true! Still don't think sage was ever necessary but I agree they needed something to fill in for Jenny so ivy was a decent enough choice for s4. But the rufus thing was and then they put her with William!! Wtf was that EW. I mean if the goal was lily/William SURELY they could've come up with a better way of bringing him back like, I dunno, remembered he had a daughter and actually tried to fix things with Serena?! Ffs. The unfulfilled potential of this show is excruciating haha.

LOL yes I remember!! He was like 'why am I even here, plz get me away from this travesty' what really really annoyed me about that episode was how they conveniently had Blair out getting ICE (in what WORLD!!) when chucks mother bomb dropped. Just such a lazy way to keep Blair isolated from that story a little longer, and it made me even more hateful of DB as a result. Hahaha she was definitely out of her mind

Hmm well yeah the wedding should have been CB, absolutely. But if they HAD to keep them apart then I wanted B to run off with Serena instead, would've been a nice BS moment, and then had CB work things out for the end of season 5. Problem is they had to come up with some bollocks reason to keep them apart after 5x10, so nothing short of turning Blair into Claire would've allowed them to keep them apart for that long. But yeah actually season 6 having Blair pregnant would've actually allowed us to see her work through her feelings of pregnancy, considering the disgraceful way they brushed off her losing the baby, in favour of grieving over a tiara so yeah that would've been good, and as well as that, more focus on rebuilding S's character was a big one for me because she is a lead along with Blair,
And tossed her under a bus Without fixing it so I wanted that too. But at least we DID see a cb wedding haha imagine if we didn't even get that!!
Old 02-17-2017, 07:47 PM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Bridgerton
Heartstopper

Old 02-18-2017, 05:01 AM
Part-Time Fan

^ Beautiful video but very heartbreaking - the writers put them through so much for 6 seasons. They definitely deserved their happy ending.

Greysjolex - The unfulfilled potential of this show is excruciating haha.
I couldn't agree more. They did a lot of amazing things but then either dropped them or didn't follow through - it was very frustrating as a viewer. It's like they had such a short attention span and wanted all these OMG moments and who cares about continuation!

I don't really know who I ship Serena with - I guess I wanted her with who she really wanted and it always seemed to be Dan (not sure why after how he was in S5) but the heart wants what it wants.

Oh the great "I'm Blair Waldorf and when I host parties I leave them to get ice" But apparently that is the mature, movie loving, happier Blair not the out of character who you hardly recognise and has no loyalty Blair.

Blair running off with Serena would have been great too and yes CB had already worked out when they decided to be together in 5x10 before the accident and you are right turning her into Claire was the only way they could have kept them apart. I know a crazy thought - they could have had her grieving her baby and actually giving her a POV as to why she was behaving OOC but we all know why that didn't happen

X

This gif set is so cute
Old 02-18-2017, 03:30 PM
Fan Forum Hero

You guys are killing me awwwwwwwwwww That gifset is sooooooo cuteee!!!

Wonderful video indeed. Thank you Juls for posting it
Old 02-19-2017, 02:40 AM
Dedicated Fan

That is a very beautiful video!!

Yeah the OMGs were always a priority but the problem was they started doing it at the expense of characterisation and that's where issues start. Like in season 1, the 'I killed someone' was CLASSIC, but it didn't sacrifice Serenas character, and they did a good job explaining it the next episode I thought, and gave us the NJBC and they kept going for these moments but the writing had deteriorated so badly and at the same time they expected us to just go with the flow on what they told us on screen, hoping we would forget the shows history or what was OOC.

I'm exactly the same, Serena is in my top three with chuck and Blair so I really just want her to be Happy as well, so Thats why I'm not too unhappy with her ending with Dan, as she did love him. I just wish he didn't turn on her so badly at the end it was extremely hard to watch :/

Hahaha it's funny now, but I remember absolutely seething st the time that this is what they had turned her into. Thank GOD we saw her again in 5x22, it was like she had woken up from a dream and became herself again. I swear Leighton played her differently as well, it was like you could sense the renewed determination in Blair to find who she was again in that episode. It was long overdue!

Yeah if they couldn't do CB, that's what I wanted, her to turn to S and help her get through whatever it was she was dealing with, before she could get back with chuck. The lack of POV throughout that whole Season 5 disaster is the worst part because it allowed people to spin her perspective the way they wanted because we got no insight. Except for the ridiculous episode where she won't sign for a divorce because she lost her tiara, with not a single mention of her baby. That for me was probably the lowest point for her, along With kissing dan in front of Serena when cece was dying. (Just why )

But 5x22 did go a long way in restoring her, and seeing as we were never going to get a big moment where she acknowledged how much she hurt S and C, it was at least good to see her come back to herself and act in character again. That gif set is GREAT !!
Old 02-20-2017, 05:52 AM
Part-Time Fan

They did do some OMGs right as you mentioned and even in the later seasons but as the seasons went on there seemed to be more and more spoilers so things that might have been OMG weren't for me bc I knew the spoilers. There was so much wrong with the show but I guess the things that were right have kept us still loving it and wanting to talk about it Of course that is probably 90% Chuck and Blair for me. I don't think I would have watched it without them, thankfully their story goes for 6 seasons so that is why I stuck it out to the end. In the past I have dropped shows because either they screwed over the couple I like or I see they are about to. I don't get hanging around and being bitter about it if that is the only thing you liked about the show.

Thinking of S5 my least fav episodes would be 15-17 bc they just didn't make sense never would Blair do what she did to Serena at the hospital and at Cece's wake all she was concerned about was her love life and the way she reacted to the video reveal was ridiculous, that wasn't Blair Waldorf and then the ending was nauseating I feel like the editing room did it on purpose bc watching the kiss was sickening enough but lets spin the camera just in case you don't already feel sick. 5x18 to 21 were just cringeworthy and embarassing but it did show me what a failure that relationship was. It was a relief to get to 5x22.

I was annoyed they killed off Cece - she was an interesting character and I loved the actress and how she interacted with fans. I also loved the actor that played Bart. It was stupid they brought him back from the dead and to do that storyline they did in S6 was just The only saving thing for me was watched Ed and Robert act together.

I remember hating on the prom episode in S2 because they wasted half the episode on a flashback storyline so they were even annoying back then

But the things they did right were wonderful like recognising the chemistry Ed and Leighton have and continuing their story for the rest of the show and seeing them together in the final episode and their beautiful chemistry still shining and them being amazing will always make up for the rubbish before.
Old 02-21-2017, 04:55 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
They did do some OMGs right as you mentioned and even in the later seasons but as the seasons went on there seemed to be more and more spoilers so things that might have been OMG weren't for me bc I knew the spoilers. There was so much wrong with the show but I guess the things that were right have kept us still loving it and wanting to talk about it Of course that is probably 90% Chuck and Blair for me. I don't think I would have watched it without them, thankfully their story goes for 6 seasons so that is why I stuck it out to the end. In the past I have dropped shows because either they screwed over the couple I like or I see they are about to. I don't get hanging around and being bitter about it if that is the only thing you liked about the show.

Thinking of S5 my least fav episodes would be 15-17 bc they just didn't make sense never would Blair do what she did to Serena at the hospital and at Cece's wake all she was concerned about was her love life and the way she reacted to the video reveal was ridiculous, that wasn't Blair Waldorf and then the ending was nauseating I feel like the editing room did it on purpose bc watching the kiss was sickening enough but lets spin the camera just in case you don't already feel sick. 5x18 to 21 were just cringeworthy and embarassing but it did show me what a failure that relationship was. It was a relief to get to 5x22.

I was annoyed they killed off Cece - she was an interesting character and I loved the actress and how she interacted with fans. I also loved the actor that played Bart. It was stupid they brought him back from the dead and to do that storyline they did in S6 was just The only saving thing for me was watched Ed and Robert act together.

I remember hating on the prom episode in S2 because they wasted half the episode on a flashback storyline so they were even annoying back then

But the things they did right were wonderful like recognising the chemistry Ed and Leighton have and continuing their story for the rest of the show and seeing them together in the final episode and their beautiful chemistry still shining and them being amazing will always make up for the rubbish before.
Agreed with everything. I laughed so much with the camera spining part You are so right! like it wasn't cringeworthy enough. I'll never watch those episodes twice! 5x18 was tho the lowest of the lowest.
Old 02-22-2017, 09:54 AM
Dedicated Fan

I would've responded on here earlier but I've written big posts that have deleted themselves twice and then been too pissed off to re write them

Quote:

Definitely, the things I love about the show I have never felt the same about in any other tv show, they are so great they surpass everything. Chuck and Blair of course but the friendships too, SB, the NJBC and also chuck/Nate and Serena/chuck - they all had something really special I can't quite describe what it is, I just love them so much and they felt so genuine and real, more so than any other show. I think that despite the rumours, for the first 4 years at least the cast got on so well, and ed/Leighton and also Blake, had really good relationships with each other. I just don't believe you can fake that LEVEL of chemistry, and friendship on screen, I don't see how it's possible. Also I think we are also so hard on it because we do love it so much, but it's the shocking waste the last 2 seasons were that cause so much disappointment haha.

Yeah they did do OMGS but it's like you said, they lost their impact because people were too intuned to spoilers or they filmed them somewhere dumb out in the open. Like we knew basically everything about the series finale, they weren't even bothering to keep it secret by then! At least in season 2 they filmed the cb scene with Nate as well so we were thrown off haha. But as far as actual OMGs, they became too obsessed with them and the show turned plot driven as opposed to character driven, probably because they were worried about ratings. Eugh.

Oh yeah I genuinely think 15-17 could rank up there as the worst television episodes ever lol. They made me hate Blair, And never thought I could EVER hate her!! She was my gal I loved her haha but she was completely unrecognisable. What she did to chuck as far as the contradicting speeches and actions and mixed signals was bad, but it was her behaviour in 15-16 that was the worst part for me. Her shocking insensitivity and selfishness in those episodes to Serena was just awful really. And then her declaration to chuck in 17 about not being in love with him anymore just didn't even make sense, after her speech to him at her wedding. Just so so confusing to try and correlate that to the Blair we knew. And they didn't even try and explain or acknowledge that this behaviour was awful or out of character either!! If they had done that it would've been so easy to accept and even a compelling storyline. But then they had that saccharine DB mess and that kiss, LOL. Do you guys remember when they did the 'you said dan, say it again' , literally nearly word for word copying CB's 'I love you, say it twice?' That had to be the writers rubbing it in even more, which made it even worse it was quite a risk to do that before the break because I know at least all the cb fans on the forums weren't watching live when it came back!!

Yeah cece's death was done so poorly I thought too, she deserved better than that! Haha I remember prom, I didn't like it either I wanted the whole episode to focus on prom but we did get some lovely feel-good scenes in that ep!

Yep, that's very true! I did enjoy them in the last episode I am a sucker for angst though ahah if it's done well, so I think for CB my fave season will always be 2! Just such heart wrenching moments and I loved watching both their feelings develop into a passionate love, even if they feared it at that point.
Fan Forum  |  Contact Us  |  Fan Forum on Twitter  |  Fan Forum on Facebook  |  Archive  |  Top