Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 03-10-2009, 04:47 PM
Fan Forum Hero

the anti-EBer in me is screaming, but I'll stay shut.

Quote:
But hey, that's life. DJ = common ground always.
yep. Thankfully. We'd so be tearing each other apart otherwise. Well, nah, I like you too much.
Old 03-10-2009, 04:50 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Wow Gwen, I really loved what you wrote about EB. Its a matter of perspective so I guess I am going to read the books. I will just take a break from Jane Eyre.

DJ is always the thing that brings people together.
Old 03-10-2009, 04:55 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Movies

MWAHAHAHAHA I'm pissing off V

But she knows I love her so I get away with it.

Yes thank god for the awesomeness of DJ it binds us b/c they were amazing.

Quote:
Wow Gwen, I really loved what you wrote about EB. Its a matter of perspective so I guess I am going to read the books. I will just take a break from Jane Eyre.
I loved JE
Hon plz do I want you to get a totally unbiased view b/c you don't know until you read it yourself. But seriously, this saga, it really is EBs. I mean, hate them or love them, there's no point in denying that.
Skam Italia icon
Gwen
Crystal Clear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2009, 04:56 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Wow, im dreading this way too much. I didnt let my sis read the books, cuz she likes cheesy, fulff stuff, and I was so sure she'd like EB, and I'd hate that, so i never encouraged her to read them. It would be so annoying to have an EBer in the same house.

But read the books, Tara, im curious to see what side you're going to choose. No pressure though. *hides whip*

Gwen
Old 03-10-2009, 05:02 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Movies

We can spank each other instead I will defend EB with my very life, girl!

Back on topic, I'm watching the beginning of S4, and the anti-PJer in me is coming to the surface
Skam Italia icon
Gwen
Old 03-10-2009, 05:06 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Sounds good, G. I love JB with everything, and I loathe EB with every cell in my body

Ugh, S4 makes the anti-PJer in me verry happy. It just showed in every way, how DJ were so much better. And exactly what was wrong with PJ.
Old 03-10-2009, 05:07 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pure.Magic (View Post)
Wow, im dreading this way too much. I didnt let my sis read the books, cuz she likes cheesy, fulff stuff, and I was so sure she'd like EB, and I'd hate that, so i never encouraged her to read them. It would be so annoying to have an EBer in the same house.

But read the books, Tara, im curious to see what side you're going to choose. No pressure though. *hides whip*
I will read them just because I am curious! I don't blame you for not letting your sister read them. My sister was totally obsessed with LP from OTH and I really loved BL... imagine the arguments....

Gwen PJ is one of my most hated ships! Watching season 4 must be hard.
Old 03-10-2009, 05:08 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Movies

Hey, I can relate to that feeling V! Unfortunately for you, it's the other way around

I'm totally confused here. Let's get this straight ~ people hated on DJ for one reason being that Joey ordered Dawson around like he was a little boy, right?

And yet, in this season premiere, Joey did nothing but order Pacey around and yell at him.

tell me the sense in that, plz.
Skam Italia icon
Gwen
Old 03-10-2009, 05:15 PM
Fan Forum Hero

This is hilarious and so sucky at the same time. ok, Peace G. lets hate PJ together for now.

All Joey does is treat him like a dog, and Pacey follows her around like one, taking in all her insults and everything. He is so insecure all the time, threatened by the very name of Dawson, but hey doesnt matter ,they can have the smoochies later.

DJ in that season were made of awesome. They start all over again, but you can see the understanding, and support, and the love between them.

wow, Tara, LPer and BLer in the same house. that rivalry was one of the most intense Ive seen.
Old 03-10-2009, 05:31 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Movies

Exactly! Now I'm remembering why I hated them in the first place. Pacey spends most of the relationship distant from her because of his insecurities, and most of them are related to Dawson. He's in constant need of her reassurance that she does actually love him, and in the reversal, she yells at Pacey for... whatever reason I can't fathom, and he just takes it from her. It seems kind of abusive. And mostly it just seems like it's further pointing to how DJ were untouchable. Joey just can't love anyone the way she loves Dawson.
Skam Italia icon
Gwen
Old 03-10-2009, 05:53 PM
Fan Forum Hero

They were emotionally abusive. I mean, Joey would yell, Pacey would sulk, Joey would placate him, and then Pacey would kiss her and it would all be good again.

S4 showed so clearly that Dawson would always be the right one for Joey. Every other relationship of hers would be threatened by what she had with him.
Old 03-10-2009, 05:57 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Movies

So true. That would always factor into everything Joey did in life or into any relationship she ever had - those unchanging feelings for Dawson.

He's the only one she can love unconditionally. In whatever way that means, their love will always be there.
Skam Italia icon
Gwen
Old 03-10-2009, 06:05 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Exactly. And another great part of S4 is the appearance of 'Jealous Joey'. She is so bothered by just the idea of Dawson dating another girl, that its hilarious that she deluded herself into believing that what she had with Pacey would last.
Old 03-10-2009, 06:09 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Movies

Yeah her reaction to him and Gretchen pretty much speaks volumes and Pacey sees it too, no doubt.

I also loved that Joey would go to Dawson about things she wouldn't approach Pacey about (like the money she needed to get into Worthington or the recommendation letter), and how ultimately, Dawson's feelings to her were more important than confessing about her night with Pacey.
Skam Italia icon
Gwen
Old 03-10-2009, 06:13 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Of course he did. I actually felt a little bad for him throughout the season, but then he lost all sympathy with his rant at the prom.

DJ had great moments in S4, the college money thing, the letter from her mother, talking about sex (and saying that it wasnt what she'd thought ), they had so much more heart. Its like when it came to the things that really mattered, Joey could only think of Dawson.