Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 02-17-2018, 02:30 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Old 02-22-2018, 05:44 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by pandiexjeyton (View Post)
me.
We need a topic for this thread to get things going again.
rossfangirl86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2018, 10:16 AM
Fan Forum Hero

ok. how about would anyone have done things differently with DJ after season 1? I wanted them some time to be. She will always love him.
Old 04-18-2018, 04:54 PM
Elite Fan

They should've at least kept DJo together all through s2. Maybe she could've broken things off at the end of s2 for the same reason she did at the start of s2, because she wasn't sure who she was without him and needed to figure that out. Then s3 could've had them both trying to figure out who they were separately and trying to find that balance between friends and something more again. I wouldn't have minded seeing them in other relationships until s5 when they went to college. I think s5 could've played out the same way with a slow buildup back to them being together in s6. Maybe just them as a adult couple in s6?
Old 12-08-2018, 08:20 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by rossfangirl86 (View Post)
They should've at least kept DJo together all through s2. Maybe she could've broken things off at the end of s2 for the same reason she did at the start of s2, because she wasn't sure who she was without him and needed to figure that out. Then s3 could've had them both trying to figure out who they were separately and trying to find that balance between friends and something more again. I wouldn't have minded seeing them in other relationships until s5 when they went to college. I think s5 could've played out the same way with a slow buildup back to them being together in s6. Maybe just them as a adult couple in s6?
I keep repeating myself. DJ never had a full chance to work. but they were my otp. always there for each other, not sure when joey was there for pacey.
Old 12-09-2018, 04:45 PM
Elite Fan

Even with all their flaws, I still prefer DJo over any of their other relationships. Their story worked for me even with all the missteps, somehow, it's always going to be about them, no matter what.
Old 12-11-2018, 07:40 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Even with all their flaws, I still prefer DJo over any of their other relationships. Their story worked for me even with all the missteps, somehow, it's always going to be about them, no matter what.
yes we were always given bad writing, but DJ haS BEEN through the most together out of any other couple on the show.
Old 12-13-2018, 05:52 PM
Elite Fan

They went through a lot and still cared about each other deeply through it all.
Old 12-15-2018, 08:46 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
They went through a lot and still cared about each other deeply through it all.
yes nikki they did. I keep saying this, but we got the bad writing. Joey is so much nicer with dawson.
Old 12-15-2018, 09:56 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Movies

Honestly, Dawson/Joey was betrayed by the writers in the wake of Kevin Williamson's departure. His commentary on the DVD hinted to me that he was still all for Dawson and Joey ending up together, but the decision was more or less out of his hands because P/Jo had become this big thing in Seasons 3 and 4 (which he admitted he DIDN'T EVEN WATCH) and so he re-wrote the whole ending to fit in with what he thought people wanted for Joey's romantic ending.

The irony to me is that the episode JOEY POTTER AND THE CAPESIDE REDEMPTION would have made a much stronger finale. The Pacey/Dawson reconciliation and Joey going to Paris gave us everything we needed. They should have left it there.
Skam Italia icon
Gwen
Crystal Clear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2018, 04:54 PM
Elite Fan

^ If we couldn't have a DJo ending, then I would've been okay with it ending up with Joey in Paris and fans wondering what happened next with their favorites. DJo not ending up together went against the whole show, every season revolved around them and their relationship in one way or another.
Old 12-18-2018, 07:52 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crystal Clear (View Post)
Honestly, Dawson/Joey was betrayed by the writers in the wake of Kevin Williamson's departure. His commentary on the DVD hinted to me that he was still all for Dawson and Joey ending up together, but the decision was more or less out of his hands because P/Jo had become this big thing in Seasons 3 and 4 (which he admitted he DIDN'T EVEN WATCH) and so he re-wrote the whole ending to fit in with what he thought people wanted for Joey's romantic ending.

The irony to me is that the episode JOEY POTTER AND THE CAPESIDE REDEMPTION would have made a much stronger finale. The Pacey/Dawson reconciliation and Joey going to Paris gave us everything we needed. They should have left it there.
yes. I know. PJ has to be married in the end, but talking to dawson on the phone.
Old 12-18-2018, 07:57 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Movies

Quote:
^ If we couldn't have a DJo ending, then I would've been okay with it ending up with Joey in Paris and fans wondering what happened next with their favorites. DJo not ending up together went against the whole show, every season revolved around them and their relationship in one way or another.
I definitely feel that Joey going to Paris would have been a great way to the end the show because it would have been a book-end to Season 1.

Also, it ended happily that way, and with neither couple taking the upper hand over the other one. It would have probably ended a lot of the shipper wars.

Also, I loved that scene where Joey told Dawson "close your eyes."
Skam Italia icon
Gwen
Old 12-18-2018, 07:59 AM
Fan Forum Hero

I don't completely hate the ending anymore, but there was an awful lot of dawson talk.
Old 12-18-2018, 08:05 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Movies

I have to be honest - I still hate it enough to not watch it.

The contrived dialogue for Dawson and Joey in their final scene together makes me cringe. It's a terrible excuse to make them stay just friends.

Pacey and Joey's romantic dialogue also felt very Titanic -ish and not the type of thing that Pacey would usually say.

Also, I absolutely HATE the line "I know who I'm supposed to be with; I've always known." BIGGEST LIE EVER. Come on, she was obsessed with Dawson for most of the show.
Skam Italia icon
Gwen
Fan Forum  |  Contact Us  |  Fan Forum on Twitter  |  Fan Forum on Facebook  |  Archive  |  Top