Moderator of ...
Phoebe Tonkin

A new cast.

{taek su mi sun}
Old 07-17-2019, 03:37 PM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Friends

I read that, & it would have to be that way because I really don't think Penn, Leighton or Blake will come back.

I wonder if they'll try to explain how Dan was gossip girl
Old 07-17-2019, 09:12 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by starryeyesxx (View Post)
I read that, & it would have to be that way because I really don't think Penn, Leighton or Blake will come back.

I wonder if they'll try to explain how Dan was gossip girl
I don't care if they do. It will never make sense.

I was looking at the OP & I'm second on the shipper list.

I was reading through some old threads. We were so excited & even though things didn't work out like we wanted Dair got so much I never expected they would.

Josh Safran & other writers wrote such a beautiful buildup & Dair were happy together mostly a few episodes.

Stephanie Savage had to come up with something contrived to break them up at all.

You look at the last 2 seasons with the Season 5 finale made no sense at all.

They set up Dan to be the pure & simple love Blair was looking for.

Then Season 6 was a mess too of course.

I'm just saying it makes no sense for Blair to be so sure that Chuck doesn't have her heart anymore to go back to him being the one the last episode of Season 5.

I love that both Penn & Leighton loved Dair.

I don't usually care as long as actors do their job but it's nice that both loved them in this case with how things turned out.

Any idea when the thread was that we got the MET pics?

This deserves more views & likes.

Dair with a baby!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XOfCl1WDT3g

"To me, this is much more real. If these two crazy kids can make it work, it will be a lot more interesting than a kind of romance with obstacles thrown in." - Marti Noxon

Last edited by Jaime Bee; 07-18-2019 at 12:05 AM
Old 07-18-2019, 02:55 AM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Friends

Aww, so cute!

It was all such a mess, I really can't believe that a network actually wants SS on board with a reboot - & apparently Safran is involved too, so that really all makes no sense to me!

I didn't start posting on this thread till early season 5, but it was such much fun us all fangirling every week as Dan & Blair got closer

Sorry, I don't know what thread the met steps day will be!
Old 07-19-2019, 02:36 PM
Master Fan

Awe, precious video! Their baby would have been the cutest..her big eyes and his curly hair.
Old 07-19-2019, 02:47 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Phoebe Tonkin

Just imagining their adorable baby!

{taek su mi sun}
Old 07-20-2019, 06:33 AM
Fan Forum Legend

You can see some amazing pics of the MET kiss here right at the top on this thread.

http://www.fanforum.com/f88/dan-blai...9/index21.html

This would have been a perfect ending for Dair.

I love seeing Blair so happy in the scene.

Leighton played Blair in love with Dan & happy like she had never been before.

Dan just wanted to make Blair feel special & she deserved that!

I was just randomly picking threads & found this.

"To me, this is much more real. If these two crazy kids can make it work, it will be a lot more interesting than a kind of romance with obstacles thrown in." - Marti Noxon

Old 07-20-2019, 11:16 AM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Friends

Well done finding that thread! That pic with them just leaning their foreheads against each other will always be my fave, they look so content & in love
Old 07-21-2019, 09:52 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Phoebe Tonkin

Blair and Dan are clearly the loves of each others lives.

{taek su mi sun}
Old 07-21-2019, 11:27 AM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Friends

They are, they were clearly at their best & happiest when they were together

D: If I’d know any better I’d think you’re starting to like Brooklyn.
B: It isn’t Brooklyn I’m here for.You’re the only person I can have a furtive, emotionally loaded conversation with right now.
[…]
B: I am about to marry a fabulous man…Who happens to be a prince. I can’t be this close to having all my dreams come true, only to have them yanked away by one transgression at a stranger’s Bar Mitzvah.
D: Look, I know it’s scary but I think you should know who the father is,if not for yourself, then for the baby.
B: And what if I lose everything?
D: You’ll still have me.

“Maybe it’s not blood bonds that make us a family, Perhaps it’s the people who know our secrets and love us anyway, so we can finally be ourselves”

https://you-define-beauty.tumblr.com...he-dair-fandom
Old 07-22-2019, 12:59 AM
Dedicated Fan

Damn, this thread is still going strong nearly more than 7 years after Stephanie Savage nuked the couple from orbit? First time logging back in here since then, and realised I'm the 18th OG shipper. This thread feels like a time capsule in a good way.

I just rewatched the show* recently as it popped up on Netflix and felt the same feelings of frustration, bewilderment, and of... "what could have been" with regards to the conclusion of Season 5. What a squandered opportunity to create goodness out of dog***** - oh well, we still have fics right?

*well, up to c. 5x20 - I couldn't bear to watch the rest, really. And I still haven't seen Season 6.
Old 07-22-2019, 06:16 AM
Master Fan

^ Aw, welcome back! I remember you! Not sure from the GG fandom or the OTH fandom. Yeah, I love this thread so much..I've been posting here since 2008. DB is such a precious ship..so many could be's but also so many things we did get with them.
Old 07-22-2019, 08:30 AM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Friends

Yep, we're still going pretty strong!

Can't blame you for stopping after 6x20, I definitely would. Don't think I could even be bothered to watch the full eps now, just the dair scenes
Old 07-22-2019, 12:15 PM
Dedicated Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by SweetSymphony (View Post)
^ Aw, welcome back! I remember you! Not sure from the GG fandom or the OTH fandom. Yeah, I love this thread so much..I've been posting here since 2008. DB is such a precious ship..so many could be's but also so many things we did get with them.
And so do I ... definitely re: GG. I was posting re: OTH on TWoP (back in the days!) - sad that the forums weren't archived, at least the hilarious recaps were archived.

We were "lucky" in a way that we did manage to get nearly 2 full seasons of quality content, whether simple interactions, budding friendship, and even love. To be honest, those two characters becoming at least cordial to one another should have been a foregone conclusion given that they hung out among the same group of people for years. And personality-wise they are probably the most alike of all (loyalty, honesty, hard working, smart, love of art/cinema, etc.). Them eventually bridging the gap on some their differences (i.e., being judgmental towards poor/rich people, Blair being a schemer, Dan self-righteous, etc.) was just a sign of character development on their part - which other characters on the show have sorely lacked - in fact I'd argue most characters regressed from their Season 1 selves.

What was truly painful wasn't that they didn't end up together at the end of the show, it was how their relationship ended, without as much as a phone call... nothing. Seasons of carefully planned (whether purposely or not) build-up all nuked in the matter of a 40-min episode.

IIRC, wasn't there a last-minute script change for the S5 finale? I presume Stephanie Savage may have altered the ending of the S5 finale given that the show had only received a partial episode pick-up for S6, and therefore wanted to tie up all loose ends (i.e., DB) in S5 so as to not waste screen time on it in S6.

Quote:
Originally Posted by starryeyesxx (View Post)
Yep, we're still going pretty strong!

Can't blame you for stopping after 6x20, I definitely would. Don't think I could even be bothered to watch the full eps now, just the dair scenes
The show is even more ridiculous upon a re-watch, and actually borderline unwatchable at times, given (i) we're all older and more mature now, and (ii) the borderline insane retcon that was the GG reveal. Also, the pilot is ridiculously dark and hasn't aged well at all (in reference to Chuck's 2 attempted rapes); that stuff would have been a no-go on the CW in this #metoo / #timesup era.

At least the evolution of Dan and Blair as individual characters throughout the seasons is cool to see once more, and has aged well. It's not something you can say for Chuck and Blair's relationship (something I have noticed on social media; a lot more people are turned off now that the dust has firmly settled on the show).
Old 07-22-2019, 01:53 PM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Friends

ICA, & that's partly why I cannot understand why it's getting a reboot. Chuck & the chair relationship were both so toxic (& abusive) that they would never be glorified they were now, but the show was was just saturated with misogyny. Blair & Serena had a horrible friendship, & didn't ever befriend other women because they seemed to hate women.

Dan & Blair were the only shining light in the cesspool that was Gossip Girl.