Michael/Maria (Roswell)
Old 09-18-2021, 03:35 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Damon & Elena

icon
"I love you, it’s ruining my life."
Old 09-18-2021, 07:11 AM
Elite Fan

Max & Liz (Roswell New Mexico) Admittedly Jeanine & Nathan have mad chemistry but chemisty doesnt make a ship for me. I just find their constant back and fourth drama so annoying. And add to the fact that i'm pretty sure Max only sees Liz as the girl he fell in love with in high school and not who Liz Ortecho is now as a person. He holds her too high on a pedestal and when she falls she falls hard. Its unfair for her and she deserves better.

"Its about who you fall in love with."

John Paul McQueen & Craig Dean

Old 09-18-2021, 01:03 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Movies

michael and isabel (roswell)
george and izzie (grey's anatomy)
lucas and peyton (one tree hill)
nathan and haley (one tree hill)
ryan and taylor (the o.c.)
piz and veronica (veronica mars)
dawson and jen (dawson's creek)
denny and izzie (grey's anatomy)
mike and phoebe (friends)
Skam Italia icon
Gwen
Old 09-19-2021, 12:33 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Kira & Scott
Malia & Scott
Eric & Sookie
Seth & Alex
Ryan &Lindsay
Summer &Zach
Jane & Rafael
Ryan & Taylor
Andie &Pacey
Tamara&Pacey
Dawson &Joey
Thea &anyone but Roy

icon
Old 09-19-2021, 05:24 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Movies

Bringing this over from the Dawson's Creek board - yes, it's about Pacey and Joey:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crystal Clear (View Post)
I haven't been here in a long time and I suddenly felt the need to ramble, so bear with me.
Okay, so the thing I find most entertaining about the P/J ship is the amount of people who say "they were never happier than when they were together" Um, did we watch completely different shows?

Pacey was MISERABLE in season 4. In fact, he was miserable in season 3 too when he thought his feelings for Joey would never be returned but even when he got the girl, he acted constantly paranoid and fearful every time that Joey would spend any amount of time with Dawson. The entire relationship was a constant effort for him, and Joey's job was to constantly reassure him "it's you I love now, not Dawson." I don't see how the public found this entertaining? Unless they secretly hated Pacey and wanted him to suffer. They made him look dumb enough to think that a romantic summer on a boat with Joey would be the answer to all their problems and everything would be right as rain when they return -- at the same time, he is ashamed of himself and hiding the truth from her. He is failing in school, and he doesn't feel comfortable telling his girlfriend this... The same person who he has grown up with. The fact that he believes she would pity or be ashamed of him doesn't exactly put a good spin on their relationship.

Then of course there's always Promicide. The episode where shippers tell us "Pacey was out of character when he said those nasty things" but he really, truly wasn't. He was voicing exactly what he had wanted to say for months.

Oh and Four Stories of course. Joey has just lost her virginity to Pacey and all he can basically say is, "on a scale of 1-10, how was I? Did you orgasm? Why won't you touch me anymore?" I honestly found this line of questioning rather perverse, and you can see that Joey is very uncomfortable. So much so that she flat-out lies to Dawson and pretends she and Pacey did not sleep together. Let's be real - if Joey had true, adult feelings for Pacey and was completely over Dawson by this point, then she wouldn't feel the need to lie. She would want Dawson to know the truth, so that he could FINALLY move on. But nope, the truth is that Joey wanted to have her cake and eat it too. She claims to have moved on with Pacey, yet she instantly shows jealousy when seeing Dawson kiss Gretchen and seems determined to torment Dawson by refusing to give him the space he deserves. I think there's a side of Joey that really enjoyed having Dawson and Pacey's worlds both revolve around her.

Furthermore, there's the whole soulmate connection between Dawson and Joey that Pacey could never accept. He makes it clear in season 3 when they're doing karaoke - he can't compete with the history of D/J. He can't handle not being loved like she loves Dawson. So I really don't get why he spent so much time and effort into naming his boat after her, pining for her, and practically begging her to kiss him back in the first place if he knows already that he's never going to be number one in her heart.

Is it not incredibly strange that the supposed "most popular" couple in Dawson's Creek is part of a trio where their best friend is both her ex-lover and her all-time soulmate? Soulmates are forever. They also don't just apply to friendships; remember Chandler and Janice in Friends? Their relationship was only ever 3 things: 1) lovers, 2) one night stands 3) nothing at all. They were never friends. So the argument put forward in the series finale that soulmates = friendship only is a total LIE.

That said, I do recall that season 4 was originally supposed to be the wrap-up season and it explains a lot about how P/J had completely broken down by the Senior Prom. That was the writers letting us know that things were going to come full-circle and she would find her way back to Dawson *cough* Coda *cough* ... We even have Andie return in time to congratulate Pacey on his graduation approval. There is a distinct return to the past, and that is NOT a coincidence. It is solid proof that even the writers recognized the longing in Pacey and Joey for things to be as they used to be.
Skam Italia icon
Gwen
Old 09-20-2021, 02:16 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Pope and Kiara they had a thing slept together I think end of the first season or it was put in before season two started I can’t remember I think they are better off as just good friends not romantic no just no.

icon

Last edited by olicity4eva; 09-20-2021 at 02:50 AM
Old 09-20-2021, 03:44 PM
Cardcaptor Queen

Xander/Cordelia
Spike/Buffy
Dawson/Joey
Pacey/Tamara
Cole/Phoebe
Fitz/Olivia
Tom/Daria
Old 09-20-2021, 05:08 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Kira & Scott
Malia & Scott
Eric & Sookie
Seth & Alex
Ryan &Lindsay
Summer &Zach
Jane & Rafael
Ryan & Taylor
Andie &Pacey
Tamara&Pacey
Dawson &Joey
Thea &anyone but Roy

icon
Old 09-21-2021, 10:33 AM
Fan Forum Star

Buck & Taylor They really don't work together and it is obvious that she never really pay attention what he says and her work always comes first. Buck deserve way better than this.

Eddie & Ana They are so boring together. And seeing the latest episode it is clear that this relationship is about to end (yay).

I was in my new house placing daydreams
-------Patching up the crack along the wall
β†’ Jessica | creative dream
Old 09-22-2021, 10:48 AM
Moderator Support Team

I've never really understood the Phoebe/David love, they were only together for like a week and then she completely forgot about him till he returned for one day and then when he returned later. it was clearly never meant to be, they barely knew each other. they aren't some great romantic love story, it's two people who thought they loved each other and always had the what if but Phoebe loved Mike.

honestly the relationship is a lot like the one she had with the Navy(?) guy
Old 09-22-2021, 12:04 PM
Moderator Manager

Moderator of ...
Couples

Quote:
Originally Posted by meraki (View Post)
Buck & Taylor They really don't work together and it is obvious that she never really pay attention what he says and her work always comes first. Buck deserve way better than this.

Eddie & Ana They are so boring together. And seeing the latest episode it is clear that this relationship is about to end (yay).
Everything about the premiere with Eddie/Ana was just...WOW. That's a dead ship.

Buck and Taylor would be great friends. They both have way other priorities than a true romantic relationship. Platonic, sexual? Sure. But not a romantic relationship.
Old 09-22-2021, 05:52 PM
Elite Fan

The thing about Buck & Taylor is that they were good from the build up we got but once we saw them as an actual couple? No thank you. I really hope they arent going where I think they're going with Buck getting hurt AGAIN because he truly, TRULY deserves better.

Eddie & Ana Are just boring and chemistryless and really drag Eddie's character down. I get that he wants a family for Christopher again but she isnt it. It really just feels like he's forcing everything he THINKS he should have with Ana and its about to crash and burn BIG TIME.

My other usuals:

Max & Liz (Roswell New Mexico) Again Jeanine and Nathan have mad chemistry but chemistry alone doesnt make a couple interesting for me. It seems like they go through the same back and fourth sht with one another and its just boring. Liz is a much better character away from Max imho.

Dawson & Joey (Dawson's Creek) The soulmates thing is complete and utter BS that Dawson spewed to stake his claim onto Joey. Period. End of story. Not only that but Joey's "love" for Dawson was based strictly on childhood infatuation and placing him on a pedestal because he was there for her when she really needed someone. Which was really shown when they actually got together and it crashed and burned when he didnt meet her expectations. They're just bad together. Period. Williamson realized he backed himself into a corner with them and thats why he had Pacey/Joey be the endgame.

Others:

Luke & Reid (As the World Turns)
Brian & Michael (Queer as Folk)
Stiles & Lydia (Teen Wolf)
Buck & Abby (9-1-1)
Ste & Harry (Hollyoaks

"Its about who you fall in love with."

John Paul McQueen & Craig Dean

Old 09-22-2021, 07:15 PM
Moderator Support Team

also with Dawson and Joey, it was only when Joey got dressed up with makeup on that Dawson really noticed her and thought about her like that.
Old 09-22-2021, 10:18 PM
Graphics Team
kooky saiyan girl

Jace/Clary (The Mortal Instruments)
Daryl/Beth (The Walking Dead)
Ron/Hermione (Harry Potter)
Harry/Hermione (Harry Potter)

Closed Thread   Post New Thread