Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 04-03-2011, 05:55 PM
Elite Fan

Couples You Dislike [These Couples ♥ Death] #195: The true OTP of every fandom.

► No bashing real life people or other shippers
► No baiting and no defending
► Occasionally mentioning your dislike for a character or show/movie/book is okay, but keep the main discussion of this thread to disliking couples
Old 04-03-2011, 05:57 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by arakha (View Post)
Word. I hate that Anna is just wiped from memory... but that's a writing fail. I blame Bonnie AND John for Anna's death and I'll never get over it because she was one of my favourite characters. It makes no sense to me to pair up Bonnie and Jeremy after Anna's death. So... weird. She had a hand in it ffs and it's completely glossed over
Exactly. And I'll never forgive Bonnie OR John for it. But at least Jeremy seemed ot have at least some sort of grudge against John - he's DATING Bonnie. I can't believe the writers would slap AJ fans in the face like that, by sticking Jeremy with the girl who caused Anna's death.
Old 04-03-2011, 05:58 PM
Elite Fan

Damon/Elena - boring. He snapped her brother's neck. SHe loves his brother. He loves Katherine. Blah blah blah. I'm over the cliche of bad boy/good girl - good girl changes bad boy. It's been on every TV show since the beginning of time and it's overdone. He's never going to deserve her and it's hard to want Elena with a monster.
Old 04-03-2011, 06:04 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Damon has done so much bad things to the people around her killed her bf's best friend, snapped her brother neck, turned her biological mom into a vamp and had a realationship with her. Attacked both of her best friends, and the list goes on. I like him with Katherine, and on his own but not with the teenage girls.
Old 04-03-2011, 06:10 PM
Elite Fan

I still don't buy into his feelings for her. I know thats kind of weird, but there were NO hints of it before 1x21. And there's this idea that he would wait for her for however long it takes, but he's already done that. For Katherine. And the same day as the ~epic 2x01 scene he told Katherine he'd drop everything to be with her. Please make it stop. Do not want.
Old 04-03-2011, 06:55 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
And the same day as the ~epic 2x01 scene he told Katherine he'd drop everything to be with her.
He's just trying to hide in the fact that he can't have Elena, which is a safe place for him to bury his feelings, because it's never going to happen. And I'm sure there's some sort of rivalry thing with Stefan going on - Damon just doesn't want Stefan to have ~Katherine and he's so messed up, it's ridiculous. He waited all those years for a woman who loved his brother more. That's got to make him a little crazy.

Quote:
I like him with Katherine, and on his own but not with the teenage girls.
He needs a vampire. He cannot be trusted around the teenage girls, as he's proven again and again, and even if he's all 'I'll never hurt you Elena', the fact he's okay with hurting her family is even worse.
Old 04-03-2011, 07:07 PM
Elite Fan

^ So much freaking WORD. I like Damon and I love him with Katherine, but I just don't think he and Elena work as a couple. And I hate the bias in this fandom. If Damon tries to kill Jeremy, its ok because he tortured and sad. Can you imagine what Stefan trying to kill Jeremy would fuel?
Old 04-03-2011, 07:14 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by ladybug70981 (View Post)
Can you imagine what Stefan trying to kill Jeremy would fuel?
I'm trying to stay out of the thread at the moment (DE lover over here ), but yeah, people would go crazy over this. There really is a double standard with the Salvatores
Old 04-03-2011, 07:20 PM
Elite Fan

The double standards are everywhere in the show. Tyler gets confused and makes some mistakes and some people act like he's the devil. He has been called "evil". Damon has done much much worse but he gets away with everything. (BTW I love Damon but I can't stand double standards).
Old 04-03-2011, 07:23 PM
Master Fan

Matt/Caroline - Weirdest/worst love declaration ever. "I wanted to throttle you"?! What the hell, Matt? You've been treating Caroline like crap for a long while now and then the one day she acts weird (after being in the hospital and almost dying btw) you're the one feeling under appreciated? Yeah sounds fair.

I agree with what you guys are saying, double standards really do suck. Honestly I think everyone on the show belongs to the 'gray area'.
visit Buffyverse | icon: ?
Old 04-03-2011, 07:25 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Matt/Caroline - Weirdest/worst love declaration ever. "I wanted to throttle you"?! What the hell, Matt? You've been treating Caroline like crap for a ong while now and then the one day she acts weird (after being in the hospital and almost dying btw) you're the one feeling under appreciated? Yeah sounds fair.
I'm sorry, what? When did this happen? because I don't remember it. God, I just went from disliking MC to downright hating them
Old 04-03-2011, 07:29 PM
Elite Fan

It was at the end of episode 3. When Matt goes to Caroline room and tells her he loves her right after insulting her.

Quote:
Originally Posted by alysummers (View Post)
Matt/Caroline - Weirdest/worst love declaration ever. "I wanted to throttle you"?! What the hell, Matt? You've been treating Caroline like crap for a long while now and then the one day she acts weird (after being in the hospital and almost dying btw) you're the one feeling under appreciated? Yeah sounds fair.

When it comes to MC, an insult is always a way to show real love

And then the writers call them a "healthy relationship"
Old 04-03-2011, 07:30 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by dreamywriter19 (View Post)
I'm sorry, what? When did this happen? because I don't remember it. God, I just went from disliking MC to downright hating them

I don't know if it's the way he says it or the word he uses but it just doesn't come out right.

Quote:
And then the writers call them a "healthy relationship"
Omg really? 'Cause all I see is Caroline making all the efforts to please Matt and make their relationship work, feeling inferior and like Elena's second best while Matt doesn't try to take those insecurities away or make any effort at all. That's healthy now?
visit Buffyverse | icon: ?

Last edited by Ace Of Hearts; 04-03-2011 at 07:35 PM
Old 04-03-2011, 07:36 PM
Master Fan

Ugh that MC scene.. Matt has a horrible, HORRIBLE way with words.

but i LOVE your new icon/siggy combo Aly!!

Double standards work both ways though.. I would go into details but it'll prolly count as defending. But anyway.. double standards or not I think that's bringing fandom into the picture.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ladybug70981 (View Post)
Can you imagine what Stefan trying to kill Jeremy would fuel?
Then again, like the writers would ever throw stefan under a bus that way. They never would.

Quote:
Originally Posted by alysummers (View Post)
Omg really? 'Cause all I see is Caroline making all the efforts to please Matt and make their relationship work, feeling inferior and like Elena's second best while Matt doesn't try to take those insecurities away or make any effort at all. That's healthy now?
THIS! And Matt constantly belittling her.. accidently or not.

Speaking of Jeremy/Anna i HATE how the writers forgot about her. They put him w/Bonnie and only brought Anna up in 2x01, and after that it's like.. Anna who?? They've brought Lexi up time and time again, and she was only with us for ONE episode.
Old 04-03-2011, 07:36 PM
Elite Fan

MC is terrible. I still can't get over him referencing making out with Elena in sports cars on that double date thing IN FRONT OF CAROLINE. and then making Caroline feel unworthy because she's upset about it Worst pairing ever.
Closed Thread   Post New Thread