Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 05-08-2019, 06:17 PM
Cardcaptor Queen

I think she missed a few episodes, I heard the actress was too busy to be around as much in S1. So I hope she gets better writing and more airtime in S2. I agree bantering couples are the best. My favorites are Pacey/Joey and Brett/KC. I also like when couples have nicknames or pet names for each other, it's cute.

Last edited by Butterfly85; 05-08-2019 at 06:27 PM
Old 05-08-2019, 06:57 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Dawson's Creek

Count me in to loving Michael and Maria. I loved the characters together on the old show, but this incarnation has chemistry, too.. It'll be interesting to see where it goes.

Happy to finally find a thread for them.
Old 05-08-2019, 07:31 PM
Cardcaptor Queen

Yes, let's get more people to come to the dark side and find this thread lol.
Old 05-09-2019, 06:30 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by FireQueen (View Post)
I've been watching the old show and I like Micheal and Maria even more than Max and Liz.

I wanted to wait before starting this one because of who the EPs are and because I have seen fandom complain about Maria's treatment and the fact that there's a chance she may not be Michael's endgame/OTL. Is she even in every episode? She should be considering the role she played in the old show.

The way he's looking at her here
I did too! MnM were my favs. I understand, I waited until episode 9 before I even gave it a chance. I loved episode 9.

I wanna say she’s in 7/8 out of 13. Even then I don’t think she has enough screen time. She should be so much more prominent given that she’s Maria Deluca. She doesn’t even know the alien secret. Original Maria knew by episode 2.

Carina is well...she's Carina.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChristinaL80 (View Post)
Count me in to loving Michael and Maria. I loved the characters together on the old show, but this incarnation has chemistry, too.. It'll be interesting to see where it goes.

Happy to finally find a thread for them.
And a fellow Nick and June fan. Same. I loved them and this reboot has definitely brought them back to life and added their own unique spin.

Yes, by all means. Come to the dark side.
Philanthropist.

You can take away my house, all my tricks and toys, but one thing you can't take away – I am IRON MAN.
Old 05-10-2019, 01:57 AM
Cardcaptor Queen

Yeah, episode 9 is what pulled me into liking them and giving them a chance.
Old 05-10-2019, 01:15 PM
Master Fan

And what an episode it was!! "I'm one with the desert, Deluca. I'm basically a coyote, Deluca."

Where did you read that about Heather not being fully avaliable for S1?
Philanthropist.

You can take away my house, all my tricks and toys, but one thing you can't take away – I am IRON MAN.
Old 05-11-2019, 01:44 AM
Cardcaptor Queen

lol Those are such silly things to say, but I guess he wanted to look good and manly for Maria.
Old 05-12-2019, 04:22 AM
Supreme Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuitUp (View Post)
I wanna say she’s in 7/8 out of 13. Even then I don’t think she has enough screen time. She should be so much more prominent given that she’s Maria Deluca. She doesn’t even know the alien secret. Original Maria knew by episode 2.
So she's missing in half the episodes? Not good I hope things improve for s2 because the lack of screen time is not that comforting. Nor is Carina's favoritism towards the other couple.

What about the other main characters? Are they in every episode?
Old 05-12-2019, 05:03 AM
New Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeautifulContradiction (View Post)
Tftnt.

I find it pretty special how their relationship kicked into gear later in the season but I find it more real and organic than any ship the show attempted to set up.

She was curious. She'll find out sooner than later.
Exactly. They're more 'show not tell' unlike the other pairings of the show.

I didn't want to be involved in the show cause 1)It's CW, 2)CM is friend with JP and then I found out about the love triangle...

But I really loved what they did with them in s1 despite her lack of screentime.
Michael always went to her after some alien drama happened, she's a bit like his safe space. Plus I love their chesmitry and the banter.

One of my favorite aspect of MM in the OG was the 'home' motif. Michael was the one who wanted to find his birth planet the most, and leaves earth. Until he fell in love with Maria and realizes that she was his home.

I really really hope they're going to give MM the same theme and importance as the OG did.
The seeds are planted. They had a talk about 'beacon' and 'finding a way back home' in 1.08. In 1.02, Maria said that "Home can be a person".

Please don't disappoint EP. I'm not sure they will give MM the focus they deserve this time because CM seems to like MA the most, the fandom had been awful towards Maria and ultimately, CM didn't give a lot of screentime to Maria.

She did say that was her biggest regret and that Maria will have a bigger focus in s2, so we'll see.

For s2, I hope Michael tells her about his secret. After all, he said at the beginning of s1 that he "wanted to tell the truth to the people he loves" so it would be a nice parallel.

I think Maria is going to be mad at Liz and Alex the most, because they know her mom's condition and her talks about aliens. Even Liz knew there was some truth behind, yet she never told Maria.
As for Maria, I think she's going to be hurt when she'll find out that Alex knows and not her. I don't think the show will point out that Alex found out on his own, just that Michael shared his secret with him and not her.

I hope that Maria will find out real early in 2.01 that Michael and Alex still have feelings for each other and that Alex wants an other chance. I hope she'll back off, saying that she doesn't want to be the reason they aren't together.

We could have a dynamyc full of angst and a little bit of banter with them. Like Maria asking him not to come to the WP anymore and yet being pulled towards each other despise them not wanting to. I'm very much into the 'I hate that I feel this way about you but I can't help it" trope.

I think they have the potential to be as good and even better as Candy was, I'm more concerned about the showrunner's biais and CW's habit to pander to loud fandoms.
Old 05-12-2019, 04:53 PM
Master Fan

OMG same. I didn't want to be involved but the chemistry is there. If they treated Maria and MnM right. I could be invested in the show overall.

I agree about the home aspect. It's so true. The groundwork has already been laid. The parallels of Michael always going to Maria. The Beacon comment, them getting lost together but actually being in the right place all along. The way he follows her. around and lights up when he sees her. Just found such a pretty set about it. There was this beautiful sigh of relief when she went from being closed off to open.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FireQueen (View Post)
So she's missing in half the episodes? Not good I hope things improve for s2 because the lack of screen time is not that comforting. Nor is Carina's favoritism towards the other couple.

What about the other main characters? Are they in every episode?
The others get more focus. They tend to be. Max, Michael, Liz are. I skipped Isobel scenes because the actress is...well...but she only missed one because it was for the plot. Even a side character who wasn't main got more focus. Alex didn't know the secret for a while in the original and yet he knows before Maria. I personally feel that every person from the original got their correct screentime apart from Maria. Hers was almost switched with Alex. In the original he's more in the background.

Carina did say she regretted it and would seek to fix but it shouldn't even be something to fix. They are the core four. If the moment you racebend things change for her but no one else. What's going on?
Philanthropist.

Old 05-12-2019, 05:43 PM
Cardcaptor Queen

I heard the writer is just as bad towards homosexual relationships and said some ignorant things about M/A so I don't expect that to be any better, just crumbs but no long term resolution. I don't really care about the show as a whole, I just saw their first hookup and got pulled into their pairing lol. I agree that Michael usually follows Maria around, he put more effort into wanting to be with her than Alex. Alex was usually chasing him. I hope they do right by her in S2, I agree it's crazy she is the only one that doesn't know their aliens SMH.
Old 05-13-2019, 01:59 AM
New Fan

Quote:
I agree about the home aspect. It's so true. The groundwork has already been laid. The parallels of Michael always going to Maria. The Beacon comment, them getting lost together but actually being in the right place all along. The way he follows her. around and lights up when he sees her. Just found such a pretty set about it. There was this beautiful sigh of relief when she went from being closed off to open.

People got mad because MA didn't end up together in s1 and therefore CM had "ruined and baited the fans" which is far from true. MA was the biggest relationship of s1 after Max Liz. They got a big focus, love declarations, making out scenes, drama etc. They got the whole package and that's why some people are mad imo. CM was clear that she wasn't going to treat her M|M relationship any different that the hetero ones. Which is fair imo.

And she's been supportive of the ship on her twitter since day one. She's always talking about them, calling them "her favorites" and only talked once or twice about MM.

It would be nice to see her support Heather the way she supports MA, but that's an other story.

And yes, in S1 Alex was chasing Michael going into his trailer while Michael went to TWP.

I hope that's MA is going to be Michael first love story while MM is going to be his "big love".
You know when Isobel told him that it was time to "look forward" in 1.13 and he went to Maria? I hope it's the start of Maria being the one for him in the future.
A little bit like Dawson was Joey teenage love but Pacey was her true love. (I'm thinking about this because in the finale of s3, Joey chose Pacey because she "wanted to move forward" which made me think about Miluca in 1.13).

The CW upfronts are coming, I'm looking forward to see what Carina is going to say about Maria and MM. I hope they're not going to ignore it, because if you look at the promo for S1, it was all about LizMax and MA.

Last edited by Gone girl; 05-15-2019 at 03:57 AM
Old 05-13-2019, 10:33 AM
Master Fan

x

Agree with you both! Alex hunting Michael down. Pulling a Dawson. I'm the same. The show as a whole..I can do without it. It was MnM's chemistry that pulled me in. Without it. I'm not going to watch.

It better be a whole first love, toxic love in the past with Alex. True and always love is Maria. Carina is a mess. I don't trust her for a second. MA's can bang down her door all they want. In the end she will screw them over too. It's what she does.

The upfronts will be so telling. What are her intentions? I hate the social media baiting. It's so amateur level. It's so CW. Shows which are rivalling for Emmy's are making nuisances on twitter. Only CW showrunners.
Philanthropist.

Old 05-13-2019, 01:48 PM
Cardcaptor Queen

Yes to the Pacey/Joey talk lol. I think I said that Alex could be someone he always has love for in his heart but Maria is his true love and love of his life. Yes to more gifs too, Michael looks so hurt when she said it won't happen again when he clearly wants more with her.
Old 05-13-2019, 04:13 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Dawson's Creek

Quote:
I

And a fellow Nick and June fan. Same. I loved them and this reboot has definitely brought them back to life and added their own unique spin.

Yes, by all means. Come to the dark side.
Always great to see another Nick and June fan.

I'm cautiously optimistic about S2 and Michael and Maria. i agree, Maria needs more focus. Once she knows and is in on the secret, I think Maria will be more integrated with the group.

I'm always wary of love triangles but hoping for the best for this one. I like the comparison of Alex to Dawson.