Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Tags Thread Tools
Old 06-09-2019, 03:04 PM
Master Fan

That's more of what I was hoping for.

So true, Ted had been broken down throughout his whole life. He lived a very reserved lifestyle and never believed in his worth. Though his mom seemed loving and supportive, which is good, Ted never adopted self-love, which is the most important kind. When he goes off to Emmett about the "voice in his head" I tear up so hard. It's a little conflicting though, having Scott as Ted's actor, because Ted is clearly written to be "the ugly one", and those voice's in Ted's head seem to make sense for the character, but not so much for Scott-because hello, he's quite handsome. So I have to kind of keep that in mind during that part.

That's so true that all the external love he had, and even the success in his job couldn't ever bring him happiness, or convince him that he was worth love. His wit is very enjoyable to us, but I don't think it was as much so for him.

It's so heartbreaking to watch both of them go through that. I still applaud Emmett so much for being SO loving and attentive for as long as he could possibly stand it before Ted tore him to absolute shreds. At which point, I applaud Emmett for having the self-respect to finally leave him...

Me: "Ted, you're my favorite!"
Scott Lowell: "Aww, thank you! Well, you're my favorite now, too."
Old 06-10-2019, 11:21 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Queer As Folk

What's sad is that Ted did try to drag him down. Unintentionally... I mean, I don't believe he wanted to, it just happened. I'm SO, SO glad Emmett didn't get addicted to that stuff along with Ted. He could have easily developed one, but fortunately he didn't. His resolve wasn't very strong, though, and it took Brian basically telling him "Ted's going to drop dead soon if he continues down this path" before he could get out of that situation. Brian just might have saved both their lives here, because had Emmett gotten hooked on that stuff, they would have been each other's undoing.

"We came for the queer but stayed for the folk" ~ Peter Paige
Old 06-10-2019, 12:18 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by SojournHeart11 (View Post)
What's sad is that Ted did try to drag him down. Unintentionally... I mean, I don't believe he wanted to, it just happened. I'm SO, SO glad Emmett didn't get addicted to that stuff along with Ted. He could have easily developed one, but fortunately he didn't. His resolve wasn't very strong, though, and it took Brian basically telling him "Ted's going to drop dead soon if he continues down this path" before he could get out of that situation. Brian just might have saved both their lives here, because had Emmett gotten hooked on that stuff, they would have been each other's undoing.
You're absolutely right. Emmett loved Ted very much and he could go down with him, good he had another friends as Brian.
But I always feel sory and sad how it goes on after Ted started to fight for himself. I don't want to say that Emmett shouldn't pushed him away after everything but wish they could find a way to each other after that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by I'm Brian Kinney, FFS! (View Post)

I almost don't know which part of the show is the hardest to watch, Ted's breakdown...
Spoiler:
I love this but as much they started awasome and everything... It takes longer in real life and that's why it feels for me that they screwed this one. Ted's falling was real and all this situations that happened were true. It was a process, painful one but they didn't skip anything. And I can't tell this about this other one, it was too fast everything, I count it and it takes months and not weeks. So for me as much as I love this other drama... it should be played better, with more attention to make it real. I feel sad every time I watch it.
Old 06-10-2019, 08:48 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by SojournHeart11 (View Post)
He was definitely spiraling downward and pulling anything and anyone down along with him. People who get that low will try to drag others down with them (even unintentionally) because misery loves company. And Ted is clearly so far gone that he has no concept of how terrible he's being to his long-time best friend and the person who loves him more than anyone else. Gosh, the more I discuss this the more heartbreaking it gets. And as a Ted girl, I absolutely hate seeing him that way.

Quote:
I love this but as much they started awasome and everything... It takes longer in real life and that's why it feels for me that they screwed this one. Ted's falling was real and all this situations that happened were true. It was a process, painful one but they didn't skip anything. And I can't tell this about this other one, it was too fast everything, I count it and it takes months and not weeks. So for me as much as I love this other drama... it should be played better, with more attention to make it real. I feel sad every time I watch it.
I'm a little confused, are you saying Brian's cancer was shown too fast? (I realized this wasn't a season discussion thread so it probably doesn't need to be in spoilers...oops ) I agree it wasn't a super realistic timeline, but I personally am SO relieved it's not longer than it is. I can barely make it through those few episodes. It's almost like that part of the story doesn't even exist to me, because I don't like to acknowledge it, I never go to those episodes for random rewatches, and they're my absolute most hated part of the entire show.

Old 06-11-2019, 04:13 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
He was definitely spiraling downward and pulling anything and anyone down along with him. People who get that low will try to drag others down with them (even unintentionally) because misery loves company. And Ted is clearly so far gone that he has no concept of how terrible he's being to his long-time best friend and the person who loves him more than anyone else. Gosh, the more I discuss this the more heartbreaking it gets. And as a Ted girl, I absolutely hate seeing him that way.
Ted lost himself completly. It wasn't him anymore, just addict person and if he could then Emmett would go down with him. Like it was said, he always had this weakness in him by not feeling worth and someone who deserved being loved and happy.

Quote:
I'm a little confused, are you saying Brian's cancer was shown too fast? (I realized this wasn't a season discussion thread so it probably doesn't need to be in spoilers...oops ) I agree it wasn't a super realistic timeline, but I personally am SO relieved it's not longer than it is. I can barely make it through those few episodes. It's almost like that part of the story doesn't even exist to me, because I don't like to acknowledge it, I never go to those episodes for random rewatches, and they're my absolute most hated part of the entire show.
It's hard episodes but it was so fast. It's not realistic and when writers wants to show something, even or because it's so difficult and painful topic, it should be realistic. For me it wasn't, it's not so quickly in real life. For me they wanted some actions and drama but they needed it only for few episodes so they did it but they forgot that it's a real life issue. It's something you can't pass just like that and removed, it takes time - months.
Not that I like to see Brian in pain and being sick. If I could choose, I wouldn't write it for him - and it's not because I don't want to see him so lost, fragile and helpless. But they put him through this sh.it so I would want to see it all, not just some part.
It's the same was with Justin and bashing - the difference is that cancer takes time but with bashing they didn't need to write that Justin was so traumalized and then he was so quickly fine - it was too unreal.
Getting better it's a process, not marathon. You can't skip some parts, it's not a victims or sick people choice.
Old 06-11-2019, 09:43 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Queer As Folk

Quote:
Originally Posted by aśka (View Post)
Ted lost himself completly. It wasn't him anymore, just addict person and if he could then Emmett would go down with him. Like it was said, he always had this weakness in him by not feeling worth and someone who deserved being loved and happy.

It's hard episodes but it was so fast. It's not realistic and when writers wants to show something, even or because it's so difficult and painful topic, it should be realistic. For me it wasn't, it's not so quickly in real life. For me they wanted some actions and drama but they needed it only for few episodes so they did it but they forgot that it's a real life issue. It's something you can't pass just like that and removed, it takes time - months.
Not that I like to see Brian in pain and being sick. If I could choose, I wouldn't write it for him - and it's not because I don't want to see him so lost, fragile and helpless. But they put him through this sh.it so I would want to see it all, not just some part.
It's the same was with Justin and bashing - the difference is that cancer takes time but with bashing they didn't need to write that Justin was so traumalized and then he was so quickly fine - it was too unreal.
Getting better it's a process, not marathon. You can't skip some parts, it's not a victims or sick people choice.

I think what we don't have is a defined timeline.. it makes us think it is over quickly, but we really don't know.. yes we have Mels pregnancy as a little help, but nothing else.. With having a sister treated for BC, and a brother in law with TC, I know that treatment is up to at least 3 months, if the surgeries and radiation is the lowest you get, cause they found it early enouh.. after that it has a lot of followups.. soo.. not seeing the real timeline, it might not be that unrealistic.. we don't need to see Brian go to treatments every episode ..it is enough to see him suffer a few episodes, and I mean he does to the end of the season

icon by Daggi
Old 06-12-2019, 04:02 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giotto (View Post)
I think what we don't have is a defined timeline.. it makes us think it is over quickly, but we really don't know.. yes we have Mels pregnancy as a little help, but nothing else.. With having a sister treated for BC, and a brother in law with TC, I know that treatment is up to at least 3 months, if the surgeries and radiation is the lowest you get, cause they found it early enouh.. after that it has a lot of followups.. soo.. not seeing the real timeline, it might not be that unrealistic.. we don't need to see Brian go to treatments every episode ..it is enough to see him suffer a few episodes, and I mean he does to the end of the season
We can't be sure about timeline, but we can somehow count by episodes, so it was much less than 3 months. I know every treatment is different, but never so fast. It's one of the things that makes me feel that they didn't follow with realistic timeline.

But it's thread about Ted and Emmett Every next time I see them and all they've been throuh makes me so sad. Mostly because how it ended. It helped Ted in the end, makes him stronger and finally he could finf himself again. It was so good to see him fighting to cme back to his life, to get it back. Wish they could be still together. This time it would be much different, they both learn a lot and become better somehow.
I don't like to think about it. One more reason why I feel depressed watching the series. ;(
Old 06-12-2019, 07:47 AM
Master Fan

I agree we don't know the exact timeline. And I also agree that with a lot of season 4 they just wanted to dump in the drama. They were attempting to become a more mature show, but they really just became a super depressing soap opera for a little bit.

I'd disagree that Justin heals from his bashing quickly. We see evidence of him being off throughout the whole season, though his initial shock of being in public does go away after a couple of episodes. (But really, was Brian going to help him walk everywhere for a whole year?) But him leaving Brian for Ethan, I think, is huge evidence of him being rocked by the bashing. Season 1 Justin never would've done that. It's part of the reason their breakup is so heartbreaking.

Yes, Ted and Emmett. I wish they ended up together, too.

I still forget about Blake all the time...

Old 06-20-2019, 08:29 AM
Master Fan

Omg, I'm about to ship these two in real life... This thread is so beautiful. There's real love there.

Old 06-20-2019, 08:34 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Queer As Folk

Saaaame... He made an entire thread about it.

Old 08-01-2019, 10:06 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Queer As Folk

The way Emmett looks at him.

Old 08-01-2019, 10:41 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Queer As Folk

He was really in love with him

icon by Daggi
Old 08-01-2019, 11:30 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Queer As Folk

Yeah, I couldn't get past this expression so I had to post it. So lovey dovey

Old 08-01-2019, 01:00 PM
Master Fan

OMG... they were soooooo in love. I think perhaps Emmett was even more in love than Ted was. And he never stopped being in love with him...you even see it in the finale.

I will never stop shipping Temmett.

Old 08-02-2019, 12:14 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Queer As Folk

Emmett's definitely the type not to fall in easily, but when he does, he falls hard... and he fell for his Teddy bear.

Fan Forum  |  Contact Us  |  Fan Forum on Twitter  |  Fan Forum on Facebook  |  Archive  |  Top