Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Tags Thread Tools
Old 11-20-2019, 01:39 PM
Master Fan

Utopia? I don't believe in fairytales. Life sucks, because of people.

Chris, what can I say to you. This tv show did things to me I never thought possible. I can't watch last season and almost all of fourth one. I think I'll stopped after one more episode with you guys. And in the previous season are some episodes which makes me so stressed and depressed... and the plot is so out of everything, means I don't watch them too. In the end half of the episodes I can't watch at all.
And it never happened to me before. I mean, there was episodes and plots I didn't like or didn't approve, but I could watch it after all. With QaF is so much different, I still can't throw out the final of my fuc.king head.

So take your break I guess. I'm reading FF and the best ones want to print as books. It's amazing you find out what you want and where you want to live. I'm here because of my friends, but people not always stays in our life so who fuc.king knows... Your brave for making your dreams come true.
Old 11-21-2019, 03:01 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Queer As Folk

Quote:
Originally Posted by I'm Brian Kinney, FFS! (View Post)
So I'm in this weird QAF slump. This pretty much ALWAYS happens when I make my way through season 4. I get such weird vibes from this season that it's hard to watch consistently like I'm used to with the other seasons... and then I'll go for WEEKS and kinda forget about QAF almost completely... then I randomly remember it and I'm like, "Awww, I really miss Brian/Ted/Michael/etc." and think about watching it, then I remember what episode I'm on and I'm like . It feels too weird to skip such a huge chunk of episodes and just go straight to season 5... but I also don't feel ready to start it completely over again... and for some reason picking a random episode to watch is like hard or something hahaha or I feel like I've already done that too much and don't want to burn out the earlier episodes...?

I know this is a weird ramble but I'm feeling a little disheartened and knew I could share with you guys... Thanks for listening.
It sounds like you're slightly burnt out from all the celebration and watches. Sometimes the passion will not burn as firey hot as it once did, and that's perfectly okay. I remember I took a whole year off from seeing QAF, but when I came back to it, I was just as enthralled with it as I was before. It's good to step back for a bit.

"We came for the queer but stayed for the folk" ~ Peter Paige
Old 11-22-2019, 11:03 PM
Master Fan

Thanks for the support, guys. I actually was randomly in the mood to watch QAF tonight and watched the first two episodes from s5 and loved it. So maybe next time I really will just skip a whole chunk of s4.

And Denise, yeah, the CRAZY OBSESSION died down after the first couple watches last year. Sigh. I'd love to be able to experience watching it for the first time again...that was just ...magical.

Me: "Ted, you're my favorite!"
Scott Lowell: "Aww, thank you! Well, you're my favorite now, too."
Old 11-23-2019, 03:32 AM
Ultimate Fan

I'm loving the ponderings everyone Happy cats and happy hedgehogs

Also, life is too short to watch things that make you unhappy so if season 4 makes you unhappy then don't watch them That's how I feel about reading too. Life is too short for bad books so don't read them
Old 11-26-2019, 10:28 PM
Master Fan

I think you're right, Fiona. No reason to watch any episodes that make you unhappy. I just feel kinda weird watching the show from beginning to end (which I typically do with QAF) and then just skipping a big chunk of episodes.... but I guess that might be what I have to do from now on.

Old 11-27-2019, 05:12 PM
Master Fan

If you feel season four makes you too sad and brings all those negative emotions... Just leave it.

I can't watch last season and most episodes of season four and I hate it. It feels bad and wrong and just not right, but if I watch it again ... no fuc.king way. I would crawl to the hole deep down underground as fast as I could.

So skip it.
Old 11-30-2019, 03:57 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Queer As Folk

Depression is a BIOTCH. And that's a fact.

Old 12-01-2019, 08:20 AM
Fan Forum Star

UGH...yes...I agree.
Old 12-01-2019, 09:41 PM
Master Fan

F season four.

Old 12-15-2019, 12:24 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Queer As Folk

I hear ya! In attempts to make it more "mature", they also made it way more depressing, too.

Old 12-16-2019, 04:30 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by SojournHeart11 (View Post)
I hear ya! In attempts to make it more "mature", they also made it way more depressing, too.
More maure doesn't mean more depressing. I don't know honestly what they were thinking choosing to suffer them so much.
Old 12-17-2019, 09:03 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Queer As Folk

Right, it doesn't have to be that way at all.
Quote:
Originally Posted by aśka (View Post)
More maure doesn't mean more depressing. I don't know honestly what they were thinking choosing to suffer them so much.
Less than 20 days from now, we will be in a new decade and I'm panicking. I want off this rapidly-moving time warp ride ...or at least for it to slow down a little.

Old 12-18-2019, 05:08 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Right, it doesn't have to be that way at all.

Less than 20 days from now, we will be in a new decade and I'm panicking. I want off this rapidly-moving time warp ride ...or at least for it to slow down a little.
Each year is passing faster. I realize how much we could see them more and we didn't.
Old 12-27-2019, 08:12 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Queer As Folk

It stresses me out.

I've often wondered if plants make sounds the way animals do, except at a much lower frequencies unheard by the human ear. I think so.

Old 12-28-2019, 01:00 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
It stresses me out.

I've often wondered if plants make sounds the way animals do, except at a much lower frequencies unheard by the human ear. I think so.
I've seen once a document and was reading a little about how trees comunicate and how they protect and helps each other at forests.
I few years ago I realize we don't have real forests anymore, not in Europe at least. The last piece of old natural forest was so destroyed in the last years. And once forest guide she told us about some bird species who in the platation forests have nests a lot methres above the ground and in the old, not changed by humans forests they have much lower. And there are differences everywhere when it comes to old, natural forests and this plant by humans. And in this documentary movie was said trees can help each other when they are sick or weak by the roots systems. It's amazing and we still know so little about our planet.

New year comes, life is passing so fast now.
Closed Thread   Post New Thread