Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 12-31-2004, 05:15 PM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
I don't think there was anything similar to BtVS Infact there is nothing common between BtVS and Charmed, well in BtVS they always (almost) "revive" the dead characters but they didn't do it on charmed, it's totally against what they show on charmed and what they believe in, people die things happen, I was really SAD when Chris died (or when Prue died,) almost made me cry!
I have only seen a few episodes of Charmed so i can't really comment. But clearly they do things differently. On BtVS/AtS we're used to characters being brought back from the dead and it's hard to get out of that mindset when watching another show. Probably if Kyra had been a Jossverse charatcer she would've been resurrected or something

Quote:
the caps looks great!
I absolutely 100% agree with that I adored her outfit. So wonderfully glam
Old 01-06-2005, 08:38 PM
Master Fan

I think Charmed was like BTVS/Angel and any other good show that makes you care about a character right before they kill the character off. I know the show 24 does that really well. But Joss is an especially master mind behind that kind of thing.

I think Charmed and Angel are very different shows though. In my opinion Charmed is a lot more light hearted and foolish. The things the characters do whether bad or good have less consequences on Charmed than on Angel. And the bad guys are a lot more magically inclidnes and Charmed is less inclined to follow any type of physics that exist in our world. I know Angel wasn't always totally realistic, but it did do a good job of making things more physically realistic. If that makes sense...
Old 01-10-2005, 09:30 AM
Extreme Fan

I hadn't seen Charisma's interview before 'cause I don't read spoilers *Hate Spoilers* so in case you guys haven't already Im posting it here

Charmed has just started here in Uk, Can't wait to see the eppies with the seer character!

8.26.04 - TV Guide Online: Charmed Gets Charisma

Charisma Carpenter is best known from her popular stints as Cordelia Chase on Buffy the Vampire Slayer and its spin-off, Angel. What's she been doing since both vampire shows bit the dust? Last year, she gave birth to son Donovan Charles (who's now 16 months old). Then this June, the 34-year-old Hollywood mom reclaimed her va-va-voom by posing nearly nude in Playboy. She'll continue her hot streak by guest-starring as a sexy seer on Charmed in at least two episodes. (Her first appearance airs Sept. 26.) Last week, TV Guide Online visited the Charmed set to watch Carpenter torment costar Brian Krause (Leo) with her spooky predictions. We also stole some time to dish between scenes.

TV Guide Online: David Boreanaz recently told TV Guide he'd be willing to do Angel feature films, but not TV-movies. Could Cordy make a return from the dead someday?
Charisma Carpenter: I read that snippet about David in TV Guide! You know, I'm not interested. Not because of David or anyone I worked with. I think we're all just done. I don't think my fans should be offended because they're not Angel or Buffy specific. They've proven over time that they'll follow me no matter what I do, so I'm not afraid of taking anything away from them and I hope they wouldn't feel that way.

TVGO: Cordy was psychic on Angel. Now you're a seer. What's up with these ESP roles?
Charisma Carpenter: Another psychic! At least I'm not in a coma on this show. They're both sassy girls, but this character is more of a temptress than a smartass. She's toying with Leo.

TVGO: Does your character have a name?
Charisma Carpenter: She's just "Seer." We'll see if we see more of her before she gets a name!

TVGO: Might you do more than two episodes?
Charisma Carpenter: I'm happy to do more. It would depend on whether my pilot is picked up. I'm thrilled to be here because I have a relationship with Holly Marie Combs (Piper). We did my ABC Family movie See Jane Date together and we're both new moms. It's also interesting to be back doing this supernatural genre. I know it and it's familiar.

TVGO: How about this pilot of yours?
Charisma Carpenter: It's a possible midseason replacement sitcom for UPN. It was called Play Nice, but now it's called Like Cats and Dogs. I'm the girl on the show, and it's about my life with my fun-loving brother [played by Canadian actor Tyler Labine]. I'm an uptight lawyer and he comes to live with me and my houseful of dogs.

TVGO: If the sitcom didn't happen, wouldn't it be fun to join Charmed as a regular?
Charisma Carpenter: I think working with girls would be great, especially since Holly's a mom and a producer. The only reason I would hesitate is that the shooting schedule of a one-hour drama is a lot for a new mom. It'd be great to work with her, 'cause she gets it. So yeah, I'd definitely be open to talking about it.

TVGO: By the way, many mothers might be envious of your having a baby and Charisma Carpenter: That came about because I had a baby and got so bloody fat. I gained 50 pounds. I needed something to motivate me to get my butt in shape. It's vanity, really. Right after I signed the deal with Playboy, I did hard-core training for 20 days.

TVGO: Any hesitation about posing for the lad mag?
Charisma Carpenter: It was all very agreeable and they allowed my husband to be on set to make sure everything was cool, and it was. I'm really pleased with the photos and I don't have any regrets. I expect there are people out there who would hope that I would. They may judge me, but I'm not feeling regret right now. I guess I'll cross that bridge with my son when I come to it....

TVGO: You appeared topless, but the photos weren't raunchy.
Charisma Carpenter: I felt good about it. I figured if I did films, I'd have to show my breasts at some point. Why not take beautiful pictures for posterity while I'm young?

TVGO: Your midriff-baring outfit on Charmed will be memorable, too!
Charisma Carpenter: The Seer's like a jezebel. Women on Charmed have to look hot. That's the sense I'm getting. Every single one of [the witches] are notoriously sexy women!

by Daniel R. Coleridge

Okay in response to what Magical said, I think Charmed is a littlehearted but I wouldn't say it's foolish at all.. Well everybody has their own preferences and what they like and dislike in a show, I'm not too crazy about Angel or BtVS but I liked Angel better than BtVS tho, and yes bad guys in charmed are more magically inclined but then this is because this show IS about magic, magical powers, witch craft..

I think Charmed is much more realistic than Angel or BtVS is, on charmed heroes have real lives too than to just fight baddies, all four of the girls have had real lives that we’ve been able to see. like Piper owns a nightclub, and before that she was a chef. Phoebe finished college and is now an advice columnist. Prue was an art appraiser and a photographer. Paige was a social worker before she gave it up to be a witch full-time but even that change is something that’s been explored over multiple episodes. On Angel, we see the people and places of LA, but we don’t really know much about them, because we rarely see any kind of meaningful interaction between the main characters and their surroundings. It’s as if all of LA is nothing but a painted backdrop to keep the audience from seeing the technical equipment backstage.

the girls in Charmed have more real lives, with more real relationships in a more real setting, protecting the lives of more real “innocents,” we're able to know about them and get to know them whereas in Angel/BtVS we hardly know anything about the innicents, in my opinion charmed has richer texture which mean that the audience is left wondering what will be coming next, instead of simply trying to recognize the latest version of the same old plot elements plugged into the same old formula, which is what Angel or buffy used to do most of the time, BtVS apparently knows how to tell only one story over and over. The BIG BAD of the year will emerge and buffy will face off against it in steadily more intense battles until the end of the season which will lead to its defeat.
Yes Charmed isn't perfect, it does have its weak points too, for example they sometimes suck dealing with relationships but even then they're better then what we see of relationships in Angel/BtVS..

Last edited by Hunniah; 01-10-2005 at 09:40 AM
Old 01-13-2005, 10:03 PM
Master Fan

I, too, am a bigger fan of Angel than BTVS.

And I will give you that in the first 3 (maybe four? I can't remember) season of Charmed that the show was well written and had more real relationships, feelings, the characters were more rounded and the stories more sharp. But I definitely saw a decline in the show when it seemed like each episode in season 5 and beyond had an episode based around a fable or fairytail that had been told before. The writers just wrote that it was now happening to the three girls. And what they eventually did to Cole was laughable. But I haven't seen many episodes beyond right before the time that Cole left. I just couldn't take it.

And I don't think that Angel was ever in a reduntant story telling mode. The characters did bad things sometimes and the results and consequences meant something to them. People die and they dont come back so easily (well except for Buffy and Darla and they wrote it so that they earned it and made you believe it could happen) Maybe they didn't have "real" jobs, but they experienced real feelings and real events that shaped their lives and developed them.
Old 01-15-2005, 10:19 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~*Magical*~
Me too. I think we talked about this on this board somewhere.. But I like it better because it switches from character, and it never surrounds one certain character like BtVS does.
Old 01-16-2005, 05:50 AM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
Same here. I always have been. Probably because i watched it first. I love BtVS too. But Angel will always be my fave.

Charmed is showing on Channel 5 over here at the moment. I really should tune in sometime.
Old 01-17-2005, 03:48 PM
Master Fan

The weird thing is that I used to LOVE BTVS so, so much. It was MY show. But then the last few seasons of it left a blah taste in my mouth. And Angel was always such a strong show. It won me in the end.
Old 01-17-2005, 04:41 PM
Fan Forum Star

I preferred the early seasons of BtVS as well. I thought the last few were kinda lame. The whole Potentials storyline really irritated me. I was getting close to saying "my god, just let them ALL die"

But Angel won me instantly. It kept getting better. Season 3 particularly impressed me. Bloody awesome.
Old 03-02-2005, 08:22 AM
Passionate Fan

What were the epoisdes called? So I can download them.

Buffy, 30 Rock, Grey's Anatomy, Veronica, Angel, Famke, Disney, Lost, X-Men, Scrubs, ER, and much more icons!
Old 03-02-2005, 12:12 PM
Master Fan

She had two small scenes each in Cheaper by the Coven and Styx Feet Under and quite a large role in Witchness Protection.

Witchness Protection will be re-airing on TNT at 10:00pm on March 8th and on the WB at 7:00pm on March 13th in the US.
Old 03-02-2005, 05:38 PM
Fan Forum Star

Why must they only be shown in America?

I'll never bloody see them!
Old 03-02-2005, 06:00 PM
Extreme Fan

Living tv aired re-runs of cheaper by the cover and styx feet under and other first few eppies on the weekend last month, they aired first 6 or 7 eppies ( I think) back to back, maybe they'll show them again sometime..
Old 03-04-2005, 04:45 AM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
Living tv aired re-runs of cheaper by the cover and styx feet under and other first few eppies on the weekend last month, they aired first 6 or 7 eppies ( I think) back to back, maybe they'll show them again sometime..
I don't have digital TV either

I guess some things just aren't meant to be
Old 03-04-2005, 02:29 PM
Extreme Fan

awwwee, well I think channel 5 or 4 not sure sometimes show Charmed too not sure if they are showing season 7 tho, ya know Living TV is gonna air witch protection (Charismas last eppie) this thursday and on sat (tomorrow) all the re-runs again..
Old 03-04-2005, 05:04 PM
Fan Forum Star

Who knows, Channel 5 may show them eventually.

Then again, probably not