Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 03-22-2005, 10:21 PM
Master Fan

Like when Alex was killed of on Roswell, if they had done that to Xander I would have washed my hands of the whole thing.

The one who sees, thats a better nick name then White Knight anyway. Though, it is kinda mean now that hes cyclops like.

): )
Old 03-23-2005, 04:29 AM
Master Fan

That's news to me, when did they say they were going to kill off Xander? I need some proof

Old 03-23-2005, 12:37 PM
Master Fan

I heard rumors that it was gonna happien. But I was glad it didn't, the eyes thing though......very mean.

Old 03-23-2005, 12:47 PM
Master Fan

Well they would have been idiots if they did that. And I agree about Alex dying on Roswell, but it made one hell of a story line.

Old 03-23-2005, 03:02 PM
Loyal Fan

Alex dying on Roswell sucked, although I prefer watching Season 3 anyway...he was a good character.

And both Joss and Nick have said that Xander was originally supposed to die and either be the voice of the first, or there was possibility of him coming back evil somehow. Then Joss scrapped the idea because of the storyline with the potentials and decided that they couldn't end the show without Xander at Buffy's side. Plus he said he would never permantently kill of any of the core 4. So they decided to maim him instead.

Victims, aren't we all? --

+Skydagger+

Last edited by Skydagger; 03-23-2005 at 03:37 PM
Old 03-23-2005, 04:36 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skydagger
Alex dying on Roswell sucked, although I prefer watching Season 3 anyway...he was a good character.

And both Joss and Nick have said that Xander was originally supposed to die and either be the voice of the first, or there was possibility of him coming back evil somehow. Then Joss scrapped the idea because of the storyline with the potentials and decided that they couldn't end the show without Xander at Buffy's side. Plus he said he would never permantently kill of any of the core 4. So they decided to maim him instead.
Oh gosh...I never knew that. I would have been so mad if they killed him off.
Old 03-23-2005, 04:38 PM
Master Fan

I've never heard that.

Can you point us to a link to that story?

Claudia
Old 03-23-2005, 09:09 PM
Loyal Fan

Never read it online, the Joss stuff I heard from people on other forums and links they gave me a long time ago. The whole coming back evil/ as a demon thing Nick said in an interview for SFX magazine.

I have mixed opinions on it. I wouldn't have wanted him to be killed off permanently and be the voice of the first. If he just died and came back evil for a while then went good again, I wouldn't mind since I love evil Xander and could deal with that. One part of me feels he deserved some sort of power after all he did for the world...but at the same time being the normal guy was his thing and I'm not sure he should ever be stripped of that. Eh.

I think something might have been mentioned on the commentary for Dirty Girls as well, btw.

+Skydagger+
Old 03-23-2005, 09:30 PM
Master Fan

I could have delt with an evil Xander, far better then a maimed one. At least he would had his evil shot. Everyone else got a chance to go all bad.

Old 03-23-2005, 10:52 PM
Part-Time Fan

haha yeah it would have been kinda cool if he went evil. But I dont know I think that I like that he was always good. Like the one you knew would always be at your side, you know?
Lilly Kane: Yeah that, and as kind of a side project, I dispense fashion advice.
Old 03-24-2005, 12:59 PM
Elite Fan

I think I could cope with evil Xander....but only once in a while.
Old 03-24-2005, 02:03 PM
Loyal Fan

Like I said I wouldn't have minded if he went evil and then went good again (or if it involved some sort of power then just you know, not be all bad with it).

I like Xander to be my hero ^_^ But I do love his bad streaks, even if there was only two one shot episodes at it.

+Skydagger+
Old 03-24-2005, 03:22 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by MagnusXXN
I could have delt with an evil Xander, far better then a maimed one. At least he would had his evil shot. Everyone else got a chance to go all bad.

Everyone?...Or just Willow and Anya?
Old 03-24-2005, 11:01 PM
Master Fan

Willow, Anya, Angel, Cordy, Wesly, Spike in a general kind of way, Giles evil past, come to think of it Tara, Joyce, and Dawn are the only ones that haven't gone evil.

I'm not talking serial killer evil, well not for all of them, but when you look at the on the screen you go, 'Thats a baaaad man.'

I think it would have been fun, watching Xander be the big bad. It would have shown just all things have changed, if their heart turned on them.

Old 03-25-2005, 06:46 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by KarenBear06
haha yeah it would have been kinda cool if he went evil. But I dont know I think that I like that he was always good. Like the one you knew would always be at your side, you know?
I don't think I could have "coped" with an evil Xander? I mean why? the whole point of Buffy was Xander, Buffy, Willow and Giles. They were the Scooby Gang, killing of Xander would have been a great downfall, one it would have made no sense and two, truthfully I would have stopped watching it. When creators start killing of the main characters when the show is about to end are real idiots. That's not a closure I would have liked, and that goes for an evil Xander too

Quote:
if their heart turned on them.
Not really, because if Xander turned evil he wouldn't be Xander anyway.