Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Tags Thread Tools
Old 10-18-2021, 07:17 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Thanks for that, dragonfire. I think you posted that before.
Old 10-18-2021, 08:37 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhoenixRising (View Post)
Thanks for that, dragonfire. I think you posted that before.
No problem. I know. I hope everyone is ok, and goodnight as well.

Quote:
Batman Returns in The Flash Movie Made Ben Affleck and Michael Keaton "Quite Emotional"
Quote:
Producer Barbara Muschietti reveals Ben Affleck and Michael Keaton became "quite emotional" about the returns of their respective Batmans in The Flash movie. Keaton, back in the cape and cowl 30 years after Tim Burton's Batman Returns, joins SnyderVerse star Affleck in reprising the role of the Dark Knight opposite a time-traveling Barry Allen (Ezra Miller). When Barry races through the Multiverse, encountering Supergirl (Sasha Calle) and his counterpart from another dimension (also Miller), he recruits Keaton's veteran caped crusader and reunites with the Batman of his universe after saving the world together in Justice League.

"I don't think it was very difficult," director Andy Muschietti said of Affleck and Keaton's Batman returns during The Flash panel at virtual DC FanDome China. Quipped Miller, "We just sent up the Bat-signal."

After his two turns as Batman in 1989 and 1992, Keaton "was honored to come to do this character again" 30 years later, Muschietti said. "But mainly we sent him a great script, and that is probably the thing that got him interested. It's more complex than this...we gave him a great script, and I promised him great direction. And that was about it."

"The waters were warm," added Miller. "He jumped right in."

The script from DC's Birds of Prey and Batgirl writer Christina Hodson had to convince not one but both Batmen to return. Affleck officially hung up the cape and cowl in 2019 after the theatrical version of Justice League, later telling GQ he had lost "enthusiasm or passion" for the role he'd originated in Zack Snyder's Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice.

According to Barbara Muschietti, The Flash filmmakers had to convince Affleck and Keaton to return to a role they had largely left behind. (Affleck participated in a brief round of additional photography in 2020 to help complete Zack Snyder's Justice League, the filmmaker's long-fabled Snyder Cut.)

"Batman is a very dark character. I think once [actors] play the role, they are done," Muschietti said. "I think this was a bit of a surprise for both of them. It took them a while to warm up to the idea of reprising, of playing this character again, especially Keaton. Keaton had not been Batman for 30 years."

She added it was "amazing to see that both of them, both Ben Affleck and Michael Keaton, got quite emotional at coming back once they were with us, and they got to put on the cowl and the cape."

"I think they both felt the small joy that comes with playing that character and had fun with it," Muschietti said. "It was a great experience."

The Flash races into theaters on November 4, 2022.
https://comicbook.com/movies/news/be...ie-dc-fandome/
Old 10-19-2021, 08:07 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Thanks for that, dragonfire. I already saw you post that one as well.
Old 10-20-2021, 11:03 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Did we ever watch - Batman: The Dark Knight Returns Part 1 animated movie? not sure if we watched that one...

We can schedule a watch for Friday if so.

Last edited by eternalfate; 10-21-2021 at 03:59 PM
Old 10-21-2021, 12:01 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Thanks for that, dragonfire. I already saw you post that one as well.
No problem. I know. I thought since this is a DC thread I would post it here as well which here's some more interviews.

Also this as well.

I hope everyone is ok, and goodnight as well.

Spoiler:

Quote:
The Flash Director Teases Top-Secret Surprises That Will "Blow Your Socks Off"
https://comicbook.com/dc/news/the-fl...os-dc-fandome/

Quote:
The Flash Director Andy Muschietti on Opening up the DC Movies Multiverse
https://comicbook.com/dc/news/the-fl...es-multiverse/

Quote:
The Flash Star Ezra Miller Teases Origin Story and "Big" Barry Allen Arc After Justice League
https://comicbook.com/movies/news/th...ue-dc-fandome/

Quote:
Ezra Miller Cryptically Teases The Flash Movie Might Not Have Any Villains
https://comicbook.com/dc/news/ezra-m...llen-variants/

Quote:
The Flash Producer Reveals How the COVID-19 Pandemic Changed the Movie: "We Had to Start Again"
https://comicbook.com/dc/news/the-fl...ducer-fandome/
Old 10-22-2021, 12:04 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by eternalfate (View Post)
Did we ever watch - Batman: The Dark Knight Returns Part 1 animated movie? not sure if we watched that one...

We can schedule a watch for Friday if so.
No, we haven't, Tia. But I'm already doing a watch with Dave on Friday, so if you wanna schedule a watch for next week I can do that. I'm on vacation next week.

Thanks for that, dragonfire. Wow, that's some cool Burtonverse art.
Old 10-22-2021, 09:32 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:

Thanks for that, dragonfire. Wow, that's some cool Burtonverse art.
No problem. Yep, and I wonder how the story will end when part 6 comes out in January?

I also wonder if it'll have a tease to The Flash Movie?

I hope everyone is ok, and good day as well.

Quote:
The Flash Director Describes "Emotional" Conflict at the Heart of Time-Travel Turmoil
https://comicbook.com/movies/news/th...dy-muschietti/
Old 10-22-2021, 04:35 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Part 6, dragonfire?

Ugh, hasn't The Flash learned by now that no good comes from time travel?
Old 10-23-2021, 07:11 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Part 6, dragonfire?

Ugh, hasn't The Flash learned by now that no good comes from time travel?
Yes. the new Batman 89 comics is a six part storyline. It started in August, and will end in January.

To be fair this Flash hasn't learned that yet. Although considering what he does gives us the return of Keaton Batman, maybe some good does come from time travel.

Quote:
IGN
Smallville Animated Series Is 'Very Real', Will Tell Stories of Where the Characters Are Now - IGN
Smallville stars Tom Welling and Michael Rosenbaum have confirmed an animated series is in development, and said that it will address...
Quote:
After word spread about an animated Smallville series via an unlikely source, original series stars Tom Welling and Michael Rosenbaum have confirmed it's in development, and said that it will address questions of where the original characters are now.

Speaking to IGN, Welling explained what had happened when he let slip in a Cameo video that Smallville could return in animated form. It turns out, when he'd asked the recipient to keep it secret, he wasn't joking: "I was being honest with that moment and I was like, 'Literally, don't tell anybody.' And that person posted it 30 seconds later."

Welling made clear that the project is "very real", with Rosenbaum adding, "It's something that we're passionate about. Something we love. Hopefully we're going to obviously share, with Warner Brothers, when the time is right. And hopefully we'll be able to work with them. And that's about all we can say right now."

Asked about what kind of stories the series could tell, the stars were vague, but did make clear that they see a lot of scope to continue naturally from the original series. "There's a lot of stories," explained Rosenbaum. "I mean, honestly, after Smallville ended people had a lot of questions. And who's to say what was happening a few years later? And where did these characters go? And how'd they come back? So there's always a story. There's always a story to be told."

Welling made clear that this would be a story told past the end of Smallville's original run, rather than in the same timeline: "Here we are, 20 years later since it started and one of the most frequent questions is, where do you see your characters now? So that's literally what we'll be addressing."
https://www.ign.com/articles/smallvi...acters-are-now
Old 10-23-2021, 05:22 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:
No, we haven't, Tia. But I'm already doing a watch with Dave on Friday, so if you wanna schedule a watch for next week I can do that. I'm on vacation next week.

Well thank goodness for that because I forgot about the watch. lol
Yeah I'll schedule it for next week. I'll schedule it for Thursday.
Old 10-23-2021, 08:46 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by eternalfate (View Post)

Well thank goodness for that because I forgot about the watch. lol
Yeah I'll schedule it for next week. I'll schedule it for Thursday.
Figures. Okay, thanks Tia! Did you get my PM to you?

Quote:
Originally Posted by dragonfire (View Post)
Yes. the new Batman 89 comics is a six part storyline. It started in August, and will end in January.

To be fair this Flash hasn't learned that yet. Although considering what he does gives us the return of Keaton Batman, maybe some good does come from time travel.

https://www.ign.com/articles/smallvi...acters-are-now

Ah, I see. But it's still not canon to DC comics.

Yeah, but the audience is gonna get a bit frustrated. Yep, The Flash once again, is not the hero of his own story, Keaton's Batman is.

Thanks for the links, dragonfire. I'm okay, thanks. I hope you are too.
Old 10-23-2021, 10:14 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:

Ah, I see. But it's still not canon to DC comics.

Yeah, but the audience is gonna get a bit frustrated. Yep, The Flash once again, is not the hero of his own story, Keaton's Batman is.

Thanks for the links, dragonfire. I'm okay, thanks. I hope you are too.
Yep. I know.

Maybe. Well, the director did say this is Barry's story so we'll see.

No problem. I sure do hope the animated series for real happens.

Good, no problem. Thanks.

Old 10-24-2021, 06:03 PM
Fan Forum Legend

If it's Barry's story, why is everyone interested in Bruce Wayne more?

Which animated series again?

I'm okay, dragonfire, thanks. I hope you are too.
Old 10-25-2021, 01:41 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:
If it's Barry's story, why is everyone interested in Bruce Wayne more?

Which animated series again?

I'm okay, dragonfire, thanks. I hope you are too.
Because it's Keaton's return as Batman. People are hype as for it.

Smallville animated show.

Oh, you know it's a shame that while there are both Superman 78 comics, and Batman 89 comics, it seems the former isn't selling as well as the latter.

Also it's bad that during DC Fandome when they said the next two hours will be Batman stuff, they showed stuff from Shazam 2, and Wonder Woman instead of showing their stuff before saying that.

Like it felt like a lack of respect for them, and especially for Wonder Woman with it being her 80th anniversary.

Good, no problem. Thanks.

Quote:
Movieweb
Batman: Caped Crusader Will Be Like a Spiritual Prequel to the 90s Animated Series
New animated series Batman: Caped Crusader will tap into the 90s show as it shows Batman's early years as a Gotham City crime fighter.
https://movieweb.com/batman-caped-cr...itual-prequel/
Old 10-26-2021, 09:21 PM
Fan Forum Legend

I'm not. I was over Keaton's Batman after Batman Returns.

Ah, yes. The Smallville cartoon.

Superman '78 isn't selling as well as Batman '89? Well, Batman always does outsell Superman. But it's a shame.

OMG, they did that to Shazam and Wonder Woman? And on her 80s anniversary? That is disrespectful.

Caped Crusader sounds interesting. Thanks, dragonfire.

I'm okay, thanks. I'm glad you are too. Goodnight!