Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Tags Thread Tools
Old 02-09-2021, 08:37 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Thanks for letting me know, dragonfire.
Old 02-10-2021, 12:19 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhoenixRising (View Post)
Thanks for letting me know, dragonfire.
No problem.

Thanks for posting that Tia and here's a little funny story. When I was in Wal-Mart yesterday, in one of the 5$ bins was copies of the Whedon Cut of JL.
Old 02-10-2021, 06:24 AM
Fan Forum Legend

^ Haha. That crap should be 99c with how horrible of a movie it was.
Old 02-10-2021, 09:51 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Thank you, Charisma.
Joss let his personal feelings ruin one of the best character growth in Cordy. And thanks to him, one of my favorite shows Angel was canceled in season 5. Joss should've just let Tim Minear and David Greenwalt be in charge of Angel. The show went completely downhill when both of them stop being in charge (end of season 3).

Old 02-10-2021, 07:41 PM
Fan Forum Legend

What exactly did Joss do? I keep hearing words like "toxic" and "inappropriate," and stuff from Charisma, Michelle, and Amber, but what exactly was it, specifically?

SMG also came out in support for them.

Can you please close the old three word post thread, Tia? And update the link on the intro OP?

Last edited by PhoenixRising; 02-10-2021 at 07:49 PM
Old 02-11-2021, 01:29 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by eternalfate (View Post)
^ Haha. That crap should be 99c with how horrible of a movie it was.
Or maybe free.

Also thanks for posting what Charisma said, and you know there's a pattern with Whedon. Angel Charisma was pregnant, Age of Ultron Scarlet was pregnant, and Justice League Gal was pregnant.
Old 02-11-2021, 06:35 AM
Fan Forum Legend

^ I don't get why Joss defenders can't accept that he can be trash? It doesn't take away from his work. He's truly talented and created some of my best shows but he's still trash. lol Not that hard to get.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhoenixRising (View Post)
What exactly did Joss do? I keep hearing words like "toxic" and "inappropriate," and stuff from Charisma, Michelle, and Amber, but what exactly was it, specifically?

SMG also came out in support for them.

Did you not read what Charisma said? Her pregnancy ruined her career. What was suppose to be the happiest time of her life turned to the worst because of Joss! In the post she said, she claimed that Joss asked her if she was going to keep the baby.

Joss has been terrible for decades and because people love his shows/movies, they want him to keep getting away with it.

I love that a guy like Ray Fisher has put his whole career on the line because he is speaking out against it now instead of 20 years later with a secured career. A lot of people always say, "why didn't they say something earlier?" Ray Fisher is doing that and it's an investigation into his claims with the WB.... a lot of details Ray Fisher can't say to the public because it's a part of the investigation. WB for the past years has been interviewing people who has worked with Joss to see if claims to what he said is true.

With Joss, he got protected because people were scared to come out against him back in the day. CURRENTLY, it's accepting and supportive to come out against this behavior.

So you were right, the worst thing Joss did was work for Justice League because he met Ray Fisher who was the first person to truly SPEAK UP and not shut up about toxic work behaior that he claimed he witness. Ray said a year ago that he won't talk about other people's stories because it's their personal stories.
Old 02-11-2021, 07:35 AM
Master Fan

Charisma has been talking about how Joss treated her for years. No one cared
because they were protecting men like Joss then. Now they are finally being held accountable for their behavior.

As Tia said it doesn't take away their talent. But talent shouldn't mean they should get away with whatever they want.

Michelle Trachtenberg just posted about inappropriate behavoir from Joss too and she was young when she was on that show.

Last edited by Coconut1214; 02-11-2021 at 08:30 AM
Old 02-11-2021, 08:49 AM
Fan Forum Legend

^ Yep I completely agree. Charisma mentioned this a decade ago and no one cared. This is not the first time someone has ever said anyting about Joss. Ray Fisher has just been a chain reaction because he's been LOUD! A lot of fans and WB and Geoff Johns have been upset that Ray Fisher is speaking out daily about this because they want him to shut up and move on.

Ray Fisher is just not backing down from it as well as putting his career on the line to hold people accountable for allowing this behavior to go on and nothing doing anything about it.

I still watch The Cosby Show.... however, I can separate Bill Cosby from Cliff Huxtable and admit that my goodness Bill was a great comedian and talent but in real life, I do not know the man.

It's okay to just say a person has talent even if you might not truly know the person underneath the surface.

That Michelle IG post worried me. I truly hope it was nothing serious since she was so young at the time.

I still love Buffy & Angel series as much as I did yesterday and a decade ago...
Old 02-11-2021, 04:24 PM
Fan Forum Legend

I already know about the stuff with Charisma regarding her pregnancy. That stuff had been circulating for years, since the 2000s. But I'd never heard anyone from the Buffy cast say anything about him before. Yes, I know he was berating her about her pregnancy and even asked her if she intended to keep the baby, which was really inappropriate, but I wasn't aware of anything that had happened on the Buffy set, nor had I heard anything from the Avengers cast. Scarlett Johansson and Elizabeth Olsen would normally be vocal about stuff like that, so I'm surprised that Buffy cast members are just now coming forward and that no one from the Avengers cast has said anything. Also, based on what Michelle said, I would really like some specificity because I want to know exactly what happened. Was he verbally abusive or was it more?
Old 02-12-2021, 07:21 AM
Master Fan

Well Michelle added to her post saying there was on a rule on set to not allow Joss to be alone with her. So that says a lot.

Abusers don't always go after everyone, just because other actresses didn't have those experiences with him doesn't mean he wasn't a creepy ahole to the ones that have come forward. Most of the time they are not going to treat their leads or known actors like garbage. It's the ones they think need the work so they will just take the abuse.

From my own personal experience most of the time we do let it go a few times when we absolutely should NOT. Its seems to be ingrained in most women to keep quiet to not cause a scene when we feel uncomfortable. In the acting world it's even more prevalent because they want to keep their job. Constructive criticism is one thing, making someone feel less than is another.

Last edited by Coconut1214; 02-12-2021 at 07:33 AM
Old 02-12-2021, 09:43 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Alex, people keep silent for a long time. Shouldn't the Cosby and Weinstein news be self-explanatory? Usually, it's one person who comes out (a decade ago) but either no one believes them or thinks they are being too sensitive or try to shut them up. Years later, the truth comes out. lol

The MCU cast, how do we know what happened with them? The Buffy cast showed their support 20 years later! And if JW was great with them, doesn't mean a thing. You can treat one set of people good and the other set bad.

That's why when news of certain people coming out, the first thing to usually follow is, "I didn't expect that." or , "I could've never assumed that."

Gal, and Jason backed up Ray Fisher's claims and I am assuming that WB Investigation knows the full story they haven't released yet.
Buffy cast supporting Charisma and Amber Benson (who also came out against JW).

I stopped supporting JW over 10 years ago so none of this is news to me. Although I'll always love Buffy and Angel.

Also, I agree, Melissa.
Old 02-12-2021, 11:09 AM
Elite Fan

Just found out what Michelle put. Yeah, that indeed says a lot.

Also I agree with what you guys are saying.
Old 02-12-2021, 11:18 AM
Fan Forum Legend

^ The Michelle post is the saddest. I just hope nothing too bad happened with her because my goodness does the edit version sound so much worst.

I just don't get why people can't just accept Joss is trash but his work is good and move on. lol
If you need evidence that even 10% of what someone is saying is true. Watch season 4 of Angel just for Cordy's arc alone...
Old 02-12-2021, 01:25 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by eternalfate (View Post)
^ The Michelle post is the saddest. I just hope nothing too bad happened with her because my goodness does the edit version sound so much worst.

I just don't get why people can't just accept Joss is trash but his work is good and move on. lol
If you need evidence that even 10% of what someone is saying is true. Watch season 4 of Angel just for Cordy's arc alone...
Definitely. I hope so too, and indeed it does.

Same here. For example Singer is beyond trash, but it doesn't stop the X-Men movies he did be good or at least for me it doesn't.

Also the first one he did help rebirth comic book movies when at the time Hollywood didn't want to touch comic book movies after Batman & Robin.