Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 09-17-2020, 08:20 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Wow that song is perfect for them! For the words that connected in the past tense, they used Clana and for the words of the present, they used Clois clips! Nice transition!
eternalfate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2020, 08:29 AM
Extreme Fan

This song makes me feel sorry for Lana, Clark will always be the one that for away for her.
rpmaluki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2020, 08:31 AM
Extreme Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by eternalfate (View Post)
Wow that song is perfect for them! For the words that connected in the past tense, they used Clana and for the words of the present, they used Clois clips! Nice transition!
It's almost like this song was written for these ships!

This line pretty much sums up how I feel about these ships.
"We each got something the other will never have"
:love

It's so rare to see a video with both ships where they aren't trying to compare/contrast. (which btw are always very biased). I'm still looking for those rare fans like myself
Old 09-19-2020, 07:39 PM
Fan Forum Legend

That song reminds me of this gifset on Tumblr...
Old 09-22-2020, 06:29 AM
Extreme Fan

I wonder if the same person made it! Either that or it was inspired from that video

I still can't find anymore vids for both that do not put them as opposition to each other...sadly
Old 09-27-2020, 12:02 PM
Fan Forum Legend

^ Yeah, not many are fans of both couples... that's difficult to find in many shows though.
Old 09-27-2020, 07:39 PM
Extreme Fan

Quote:
^ Yeah, not many are fans of both couples... that's difficult to find in many shows though.
Its also rare to have 2 different Canon relationships with the lead that were never a love triangle.
Old 09-29-2020, 04:38 AM
Fan Forum Legend

^ I am happy that they never had a real triangle. The closest to one was season 8 but Clark/Lois weren't even together so technically, still not a love triangle.
Old 09-29-2020, 05:47 AM
Extreme Fan

I hate triangles, hate, Hate, HATE!!!! I have zero interest in a guy or lady that can't seem to make up his/her mind about who s/he loves. Once upon a time there was probably a good way of telling that story but soaps have fostered nothing but loathing in me for that trope. I never want to see it ever again on screen, even if the writing is Shakespeare level good. If a character cannot make up their mind and keeps swinging back and forth from one to the other, then they don't really love either one of the two potential love interests and I will not waste my time and emotions on that.

Edit: The thing with Lois is interesting because it's just a triangle between two people. The other person simply has two personas that are really one person and the story is in getting Lois to a place where she loves both, not as individuals but as the same person. The "how" part of the story is the interesting part and I think SV did it well with the little they could use at the time. What I don't like about it is people who generally hate on Lois tend to disparage Lois unfairly by accusing her of only loving the Super character and never the mild mannered man just because she crushed on Superman for a little bit at the beginning. To them, it never counts that she actually falls in love with Clark Kent, wanting to spend the rest of her life with him as opposed to Superman before she even finds out the truth in most prolific stories about the characters.

Last edited by rpmaluki; 09-29-2020 at 05:57 AM
Old 09-29-2020, 02:38 PM
Extreme Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by rpmaluki (View Post)
Edit: The thing with Lois is interesting because it's just a triangle between two people. The other person simply has two personas that are really one person and the story is in getting Lois to a place where she loves both, not as individuals but as the same person. The "how" part of the story is the interesting part and I think SV did it well with the little they could use at the time. What I don't like about it is people who generally hate on Lois tend to disparage Lois unfairly by accusing her of only loving the Super character and never the mild mannered man just because she crushed on Superman for a little bit at the beginning. To them, it never counts that she actually falls in love with Clark Kent, wanting to spend the rest of her life with him as opposed to Superman before she even finds out the truth in most prolific stories about the characters.

Yeah when people say this I don't get it. She clearly states that "The Blur" intrigues her but her thoughts always go back to "Clark".. then she tells Chloe she wants to drop the "L" word. They make it pretty clear that she loves Clark Kent before she knows that he is "The Blur". She dates Clark in half of S9....

Now I do think that Clark had feelings for Lois in S8 and vice versa so I can see where there is a bit of a love triangle..but they didn't make it a big deal. Lois L-E-F-T Clark didn't know how he felt for Lois yet but he knew he still had strong feelings for Lana. So he explored that...then he didn't officially move on with Lois until he was ready to let Lana go.

I think it's very normal for someone to have feelings for more than one person. It has happened to me several times in my life when I was younger. But I never went back and forth.... I made a decision and that was that. (and the second time I did leave the person I was with...)
Old 09-29-2020, 11:37 PM
Extreme Fan

Having feelings for more than one person at the same time does happen, what I hate is the indecisiveness that's always portrayed on screen. I prefer characters decide with whom they want to have a future with and stick by that choice and basically exorcise the other feelings because they've chosen to build a life with someone else but often we are settled with a whole back and forth where these two characters will be together then after a certain period it will be the other two then back to the first two and so forth. I can't abide by that, it's too icky for me.
Old 09-30-2020, 06:59 AM
Extreme Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by rpmaluki (View Post)
Having feelings for more than one person at the same time does happen, what I hate is the indecisiveness that's always portrayed on screen. I prefer characters decide with whom they want to have a future with and stick by that choice and basically exorcise the other feelings because they've chosen to build a life with someone else but often we are settled with a whole back and forth where these two characters will be together then after a certain period it will be the other two then back to the first two and so forth. I can't abide by that, it's too icky for me.
Yes its feasible to switch once but back and forth (if you are actually in a relationship with one of them) is no good.
Old 10-04-2020, 12:15 PM
Fan Forum Legend

I completely agree, triangles always manages to ruin all characters involved which is why I am happy that Clark/Lois/Lana was never truly one.

Also I agree with hating the indecisiveness! I believe deep down a person knows who they really want to be with so the back and forth nonsense is aggravating.
Old 10-05-2020, 07:24 AM
Extreme Fan

Quote:
I completely agree, triangles always manages to ruin all characters involved which is why I am happy that Clark/Lois/Lana was never truly one.

Also I agree with hating the indecisiveness! I believe deep down a person knows who they really want to be with so the back and forth nonsense is aggravating.
Although sometimes the mind and the heart are not on the same page! I actually think this was the situation with Clark and Lana at the end. Clark still loved her but he knew in his mind that it was not going to work...of course he tried to explore it and then Lana gaining powers gave him new hope. I wonder what would have happened if she didn't gain powers? Would they have rekindled?........

I've totally been the heart versus the mind problem. I ended up having to let go of my first love for this reason which was really difficult but it was the right thing to do. i knew it just wasn't going to work and wasn't what I wanted for my life...and in the end I would be miserable. It hurt a lot.

I've also been in the situation where I've had a choice of multiple guys at the same time... and I knew exactly who I wanted but felt guilty and didn't want to hurt anyone so it was challenging which caused hesitation. (I ended up marrying my choice)
Old 10-05-2020, 07:37 PM
Fan Forum Legend

No I don't think they would've rekindled because the message to me for Clana was that they alwas had to be the same kind of person to make their relationship work. They either both had to be mortals or they both had to have powers. So that didn't work for me.

Whereas with Lois it was just going to work just because it worked....

It was just odd....

I'll say and still stick by if she knew his secret earlier then things would've been different or even if Lana never got powers, stayed in Smallville, still knew Clark secret then probably done the line... because Clark probably would've still been all about Lana... which was another big issue was that in the dialogue the writers always told me that Clark couldn't grow if Lana stuck around.
Reply   Post New Thread