Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 08-20-2020, 04:41 PM
Fan Forum Star

My man looked so good.
Old 08-23-2020, 08:25 AM
Elite Fan

Tom on Crisis “And then they said that Erica had agreed to do it. And I was like “that makes it even better”.
Old 08-23-2020, 08:40 PM
MD7
Passionate Fan

lostsoulincssea
Old 08-24-2020, 11:25 AM
Extreme Fan

^^^Clark's look reminds me of a (Bury Bacharach) song called The Look of Love, here's the first two verses:

Quote:
The look of love
Is in your eyes
A look your smile can't disguise

The look of love
Is saying so much more than
Just words could every say
And what my heart has heard
Well it takes my breath away...
The man's is simply in love
Old 08-24-2020, 05:57 PM
Extreme Fan

That gif is so perfect! His look..he is stunned by her and head over heels
Old 08-25-2020, 05:49 PM
Fan Forum Legend

There goes the look of a guy who's in love.
Loved him finally going in for the kiss after that!

Quote:
Originally Posted by scififan2009 (View Post)
Tom on Crisis “And then they said that Erica had agreed to do it. And I was like “that makes it even better”.
It was perfect to have it written for them like that.
Old 08-25-2020, 06:44 PM
Extreme Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by eternalfate (View Post)
There goes the look of a guy who's in love.
Loved him finally going in for the kiss after that!

It was perfect to have it written for them like that.
That's sweet! I am sure they had a good time. There are some old coworkers I would love to hang with again.
Old 08-26-2020, 01:46 PM
Extreme Fan

You know the one thing I felt was just missing with this pairing.. I would have appreciated anyways....

I would like to SEE more of the pain when Lois was gone from Clark. I'm not sure if they thought it was too mature for him at that point to feel the emotions of losing her? But she went to Africa and yeah he printed the plane ticket and thought about her but his overall mood about it was just not sobering enough for me Let him get a little angry a little sad about it..... I wanted to see that like we did for Clana over and over.

Don't get me wrong I love all the rest of them...anyone else share?
Old 08-27-2020, 03:40 AM
Extreme Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by activia (View Post)
You know the one thing I felt was just missing with this pairing.. I would have appreciated anyways....

I would like to SEE more of the pain when Lois was gone from Clark. I'm not sure if they thought it was too mature for him at that point to feel the emotions of losing her? But she went to Africa and yeah he printed the plane ticket and thought about her but his overall mood about it was just not sobering enough for me Let him get a little angry a little sad about it..... I wanted to see that like we did for Clana over and over.

Don't get me wrong I love all the rest of them...anyone else share?
I agree but I also feel the same if not more so for the time he thought Lois was dead. We didn't see much of it except in the flashbacks of the alternate universe. There, he was more distraught, whereas in S10, he was seeing things from Lois' POV and giving her the space he thought she needed. In S10 he had accepted his greater responsibilities so he went the very mature way of stepping back while following his calling. He may not have known when but I think he sort of expected, hoped her to come back to him. The writers do seem intentional in showing Clark's growth personally as well as relationship-wise and showing him balance the two.
Old 08-27-2020, 11:08 AM
Extreme Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by rpmaluki (View Post)
I agree but I also feel the same if not more so for the time he thought Lois was dead. We didn't see much of it except in the flashbacks of the alternate universe. There, he was more distraught, whereas in S10, he was seeing things from Lois' POV and giving her the space he thought she needed. In S10 he had accepted his greater responsibilities so he went the very mature way of stepping back while following his calling. He may not have known when but I think he sort of expected, hoped her to come back to him. The writers do seem intentional in showing Clark's growth personally as well as relationship-wise and showing him balance the two.
I think the death (end of S8 to S9) didn't bother me because I feel like it was portrayed that he turned off his emotions as much as he could...but it would have been nice to see him struggle with it a little bit...specifically with his feelings of loss for Lois... He turned away from everyone.. because it hurt too much. Then it was Lois that brought Clark Kent back to life.

I did like really like the death of emotion in the future flashbacks as you can really see the depth of the emotions (hurt) which is the missing piece to Clois for me. Also when they broke up at the end of S9.........this was another opportunity missed I think. I mean TW does heartbreak so welll..gah give it to me
Old 08-28-2020, 06:44 PM
Fan Forum Legend

I felt they wanted to show Clark’s confidence and maturity when he was with Lois and that’s what I loved. As long as Lois was alive and kicking, he wasn’t going to be acting crazy because she left even if he loved her. When she went to Africa, he was in the belief that if it was meant to be then she would one day return however at that time Clark didn’t know Lois knew his powers so he didn’t want to be selfish and hold her back from her dreams just because of his feelings.

I even liked the conversation that Tess and Clark has when Lois was in Sahara.. she pretty much told him to ask Lois to comeback since he won’t ever be okay with someone at her chair but he wanted to respect the choice that Lois made and not be the controlling dude. That worked so well with Lana right? I think his relationship with Lois shows how much he learned from his romance with Lana.

So I felt the writers wanted to show Clois relationship being so opposite that they made different decisions. lol
The way Clark acted when Lois left for Africa was the way he acted when Lana dated Adam! Remember Chloe and Pete were so shocked that Clark didn’t want to do any digging? He didn’t want to because Lana pretty much cut ties and said she was tired of this rollercoaster and being in danger with Clark around... I think it’s when Clark realized he needed to take a few steps back and it wasn’t much he could do since he wasn’t being honest about who he really was.
Same situation with Lois, he knew he couldn’t control what she did as long as she didn’t know the truth about him... how can he ask her to stay and give up her dream job and not tell her why and who he is?
I did love 9x21 when Lois said she would give up Africa for him.
Old 08-28-2020, 10:31 PM
Extreme Fan

^^^This. The later (last) seasons show a growth in maturity for Clark. He still faced the same kind of problems with Lois he had with Lana but his choices had evolved. If one looked for angst filled roller-coaster of emotions, one was met with disappointment. It's the pro and con of having a healthy relationship on screen, less drama.

Maybe if they had more seasons together, we may have seen the whole gamut of emotion from Clark for losing Lois. He certainly feels very deeply for her and has experienced losing her in some fashion. Perhaps with more seasons, there could have been opportunities to explore that more deeply (beyond single episodes) I feel how he handles losing Lois should always be different to him and Lana. He lost Lois at least 5 times on the show (and each time we saw just a little of what that was like for him (end of S8 "death" in flashbacks, S9 break up, end of S9 conversion in loft, Lois going to Africa in S10, Clark in dark mirror-verse, not forgetting Isis or that weird small town in Harvest), hurting but still strong and we also saw what he was like when he got her back, completely and utterly exuberant, like she was literally his sun. I like angst but I prefer it be less frustrating and I'm glad that is what Clois had.
Old 08-29-2020, 04:48 PM
Fan Forum Legend

I agree! It would had been selfish to really ask Lois to wait for him or show anger when he wasn't willing to take the next step and be honest about who he really is/was.

And yep! When he loses Lois, he has that deep pain however it doesn't make him crumble up and do nothing, it makes him want to be stronger or at times stop human contact for he won't get hurt like that again.
But yes when he loses Lois, it his that strength pain that he deals with. Losing Lois in Doomsday made him want to finally take the trials from Jor-El and becoming the hero he was always meant to be but the issue was him trying to cut of human contact... his mindset of that changed the second he saw Lois again when he saved her in that train.

He could just look at her, and she'll light up his day.
Old 08-31-2020, 07:46 AM
Extreme Fan

I loved how he respected Lois and didnt run after her. I thought that was great! I guess I was hoping to see a little more emotion from Clark about losing her, not necessarily different actions. I wouldnt want him to stop being a hero but seeing some glimpses and trouble coping here and there would have been nice. I felt there was opportunities they just didn't choose to show us

It's through great pain in the loss sometimes that the real love shines strong.
Old 09-01-2020, 04:10 PM
Elite Fan

200th thread soon. After all these years.