Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 03-06-2023, 12:03 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhoenixRising (View Post)
Well, again, I do believe there was a reason why Alicia told Chloe about Clark's secret and not Lana or anyone else.
I think she was trying to break Chloe's faith in Clark!
TomsEnough is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2023, 07:05 AM
Fan Forum Legend

^ A little bit that alligns with the post I posted in the previous page. Chloe is the investigative reporter whose main thing is to investigate meteor freaks all the while to Alicia's knowledge, her best friend was on. This was a case where it had nothing to do with Lana. It was who Chloe was which made it sense for Alicia to go to her.

I'll bring this back from the previous page:
Quote:
Originally Posted by eternalfate (View Post)
Her telling Lana wouldn't have made any sense based on their history of her trying to kill Lana and Lana being watched over.
With Chloe she was the one who was writing the articles and the main one for exposing meteor-affected people or while her best friend "was one" so logically it made sense.

Also I did find it facinated that Alicia never knew that Clark was an alien, she thought he was only meteor affected which is how she knew Chloe's perspective would change on meteor freaks if she saw Clark's powers.

I love that Alicia told Chloe but it's still sad to know that she pretty much lied about protecting his secret...
eternalfate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2023, 06:13 PM
Fan Forum Legend

I suspect that the writers had a reason for Alicia choosing Chloe as well. But then they did an about-face in season 6 once The WB became The CW.
Old 03-06-2023, 10:38 PM
Fan Forum Hero

^ ^ Thanks for explaining that.
Old 03-07-2023, 06:25 PM
Fan Forum Legend

You're welcome. Well, it just seems a bit suspicious, you know?
Old 03-08-2023, 12:10 AM
Fan Forum Hero

I do know completely.
Old 03-08-2023, 08:00 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Ain't suspicious at all. Chloe knowing made the most obvious sense, especially from a story point. She really wouldn't have had many storylines without it. Lana (hate or love her) would have.
Chloe finding out changed her character and the way she labeled meteors affected people. She wanted to tear down the wall in everything. Literally would've made no sense for her to tell Lana based on their history.

So ain't nothing to look into more than that.

Back to Clark and Alicia... is a shame she didn't take the secret to the grave although I am glad she didn't.
Old 03-08-2023, 08:10 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Well, I got the sense that Alicia was a one-shot character that the show's writers decided to expand upon and give a bit more time to. But it does seem like they intended for her to have a tragic end that would leave an impact on Clark, but also for her to leave a legacy behind, hence her telling Chloe about Clark. I just wish Clark's time with Alicia had shown him why him and Lana wasn't a good idea.
Old 03-09-2023, 12:33 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by eternalfate (View Post)
Back to Clark and Alicia... is a shame she didn't take the secret to the grave although I am glad she didn't.
Double Edged Sword.
Old 03-11-2023, 07:09 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Nah, Alicia wouldn't have done that. She wanted to do that for Clark before she... well... I guess she saw what was coming.
Old 03-12-2023, 03:21 AM
Fan Forum Hero

^ Why do you think she told Chloe about Clark?
Old 03-12-2023, 03:19 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhoenixRising (View Post)
Well, I got the sense that Alicia was a one-shot character that the show's writers decided to expand upon and give a bit more time to. But it does seem like they intended for her to have a tragic end that would leave an impact on Clark, but also for her to leave a legacy behind, hence her telling Chloe about Clark. I just wish Clark's time with Alicia had shown him why him and Lana wasn't a good idea.

Not sure they planned on anything with her. I do not think they expected Clark and Alicia to be well received with the Obsession episode. lol
For me, I rewatched the episode a lot... the scenes priror to when she turned crazy because I just enjoyed them. It was a fresh air pairing and of course she had to have this huge Obsession.

So I think bringing her back at least made sense because a lot of the fans already enjoyed the chemistry between them.

His relationship with Alicia showed that he could move on from Lana which is why the rewrite after she died was a bit ridiculous. When he was with Alicia, he wasn't thinking about Lana.

I do love the impact her character did have though especially for Chloe's character. I truly don't see what is in store for Chloe without knowing the secret, that changed the course of her character and Chloe/Clark's relationship. It truly made Chloe understand Clark and feel compassion for him that she never did. So Alicia plan went as expected even if again... she lied about never telling his secret.
Old 03-12-2023, 06:35 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Clark's not one to complain about keeping secrets and lying.

But yeah, that's what I meant. Alicia was intended to just be a one-shot storyline, but because the fans liked the chemistry they decided to bring her back for a more expansive storyline that involved... well, having a much greater impact on Clark's storyline than intended.
Old 03-13-2023, 12:17 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Old 03-13-2023, 05:34 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Thanks for that, Fatima!

Wow, Alicia kinda looks like the stalker girlfriend in that one. And of course, Red Kryptonite Clark is always fun.