Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 02-01-2021, 10:18 PM
Moderator Manager

Black Lightning is ending?

Let's go on a clumsy cute bestie trip!
Already miss our days in Cloud Planet.

Old 02-02-2021, 08:56 AM
Moderator Support Team

Yup they announce before they start working on the final season, it seems that the cast didn't know until they told them after they announce through social media..

Thanks for that..

are you sleepy? wanna sleep?
is that what you want?

Steph/credit: My Kind Of Crazy
Old 02-02-2021, 11:17 PM
Moderator Manager

Yikes! Why would the CW do that and not inform the cast first?

Old 02-04-2021, 05:35 PM
Moderator Support Team

I know right..

is that what you want?

Old 02-04-2021, 09:22 PM
Moderator Manager

I've always assumed that the cast would know ahead when their show will end or be cancelled. So it's unprofessional of CW to do that.

Old 02-05-2021, 05:38 PM
Moderator Support Team

Honestly, some didn't know.. I mean, like one of Netflix's show, they didn't found out until they saw on twitter and same w/ other company..

is that what you want?

Old 02-05-2021, 10:58 PM
Moderator Manager

Wow that really sucks. Did the CW apologize for that or nah?

Old 02-06-2021, 08:19 AM
Moderator Support Team

You actually think that they apologized? Plus they got criticize for how their Black actors/actresses got so much hate than white actors/actresses on social medias even tho they shade CW network in their own way that way they won't get fired until they were like we supporting them.. So, they don't..

is that what you want?

Old 02-06-2021, 10:50 PM
Moderator Manager

HAHA! I was too hopeful about the CW doing the right thing.

I think I'm familiar with that. Even way back with Candice Patton on The Flash, I think. But I don't know the full details of all that drama.

Old 02-07-2021, 11:32 AM
Moderator Support Team

I never knew until someone post it all the stuff.. I was like omg, how they allow that happen to their employee like that?!?!?!

is that what you want?

Old 02-07-2021, 09:47 PM
Moderator Manager

And with social media now, celebs are quick to post their reactions online.

Old 02-09-2021, 05:58 PM
Moderator Support Team

True that..

is that what you want?

Old 02-09-2021, 09:36 PM
Moderator Manager

Quote:
In the latest episode of On the Marie Curie Couch, bereavement expert Jason Davidson meets Jason Isaacs.

Jason Isaacs has starred in many Hollywood films, including Event Horizon, Armageddon, The End of the Affair and The Patriot, as well as playing Lucius Malfoy in all eight Harry Potter films. He lives in London with his wife and their two daughters. In this episode of On the Marie Curie Couch, Jason sits down with our Jason to talk about the death of his mother, Linda, and how fortunate he felt to be able to be there for her in her final weeks.

Old 02-12-2021, 01:18 PM
Moderator Support Team

Thanks for that..

is that what you want?

Old 02-12-2021, 10:01 PM
Moderator Manager

Quote:
FilmSpeak and @Reel School​ bring you their Jason Isaacs Interview where the actor chats about his 2021 Sundance hit Mass, Harry Potter, Peter Pan, and more!

Forgiveness is one of the most awesome capacities that human beings possess. Its capability to heal is nothing short of cathartic, but the difficulty that comes with doing it can often be staggering. This is only compounded when forgiveness is a possibility confronted in the face of unimaginable tragedy, and it is this particular type of forgiveness that is at the heart of “Mass”, the tour de force directorial debut of Fran Kranz. Starring Jason Isaacs, Ann Dowd, Martha Plimpton, and Reed Birney, “Mass” is about two sets of parents - one the parents of a school shooter, the other of their victim - meeting face-to-face years after the tragedy.

“Mass” creates a powerful statement on the human condition, and this was a vital part of why Isaacs took the role. “I do all those other [roles] for money sometimes, and sure we need a variety of entertainment,” said Isaacs, “but Mass is what stories are about. It was such an overwhelming experience to make, and that would’ve been enough, frankly, for me. It’s such a relief and so inspiring to know that other people might get out of it something like what we put into it.”

However, “Mass”, while touching on the serious and tragic issue of gun violence, isn't exactly a PSA more than it is a way to help heal. “It doesn’t have a message, we could’ve just made a bumper sticker [for that],” Isaacs said of the film's content. “It’s such a human experience watching it, and it deals with forgiveness, and how we see each other as human, how we shed the baggage of our past, how we need to see each other and hear each other. It doesn’t provide easy answers, but I just felt infinitely more human and hopeful at the end of this story. It just felt so ambitious and I was living in fear that it might not work, and it seems like it does.”

Isaacs also expanded on how true to life the film is, and how that played into the making of the film. “These meetings really happen between parents. Things like this do happen, and they’re very painful, there’s no roadmap through it. We started with the script, [and then] we had two days in a room which was supposed to be rehearsal but was really talking. And then we just got straight into filming. But what we did when we talked, and what we did every night between shooting, is build a shared history of things that have happened to us. Where things start to go wrong [in the film] is we arrive with a plan of who we think we are, what we think the other person needs to do, rules we’ve set for ourselves, and of course, it all goes to **** almost immediately.”

There's an arc to “Mass”, and it largely deals with the way our openness to others can change our perspective, which is also delivered exquisitely by the cast. “There are things our characters think about ourselves, and there are things the audience begins to realize that they don’t know about themselves. We trusted the many layers of the script to unpeel themselves. I looked at these other actors and they were utterly believable.”

“This is a time of spectacular division. The world is not in a great place, and the ground is so fertile for people to sow hatred and turn us against each other,” said Isaacs. “[Mass] is a plea for empathy. It’s not neat and perfect, but Roger Ebert said films are a machine for empathy, and that’s never more true than of a film like 'Mass'.”

“Mass” has enjoyed overwhelmingly positive reviews from its Sundance premiere. Check out our full interview with Jason Isaacs below where we discuss “Mass”, “Peter Pan”, “Event Horizon”, the “Harry Potter” series, and more!

Fan Forum  |  Contact Us  |  Fan Forum on Twitter  |  Fan Forum on Facebook  |  Archive  |  Top