Old 02-03-2013, 05:44 AM
Moderator Manager

Credit

Let's go on a clumsy cute bestie trip!
Already miss our days in Cloud Planet.

Old 02-12-2013, 08:08 AM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
Ralph Fiennes will definitely be juggling his schedule this year, as his available time is filling up. Last week, word arrived that he was considering John Le Carre adaptation Our Kind Of Traitor. Now it appears he’s also in negotiations for some fantasy romantic drama in Sands.

James Foley is directing the film, working from a script by novelist Renata Bovara. The story focuses on a surgeon and his wife living in New York who are involved in a nasty accident.

The crash leaves the wife in a coma, and her spirit drifts off into limbo, flitting to a fantastical India where she meets an imaginary man. So she’s wracked with a choice: remain with her mysterious new love, or return to her husband, who is trying desperately to get her back in the land of the living.

Variety’s report doesn’t mention which man Fiennes will play, though he does have experience wooing women in sandy climes after The English Patient, and there’s a chance, we suppose, that this could be one of those situations where the same leading man plays both parts. Foley is looking for an actress to appear opposite Fiennes. Once he has all the details locked in, he aims to start shooting this autumn in Toronto and India.

Fiennes has just directed and starred in Charles Dickens drama The Invisible Woman, and he’s currently at work on Wes Anderson’s The Grand Budapest Hotel.
Sounds interesting!
Old 02-14-2013, 08:26 AM
Fan Forum Star

Old 02-14-2013, 10:54 PM
Moderator Manager

Quote:
Sony Pictures Classics has fallen hard for Ralph Fiennes' Charles Dickens romantic drama The Invisible Woman, striking a deal to distribute the film in the U.S., insiders confirm to THR.

Fiennes directs and stars in the film opposite Felicity Jones, Kristin Scott Thomas and Tom Hollander. Invisible Woman revolves around the secret love affair between Dickens (Fiennes) and a young actress (Jones).

Michael Barker and Tom Bernard's SPC also acquired rights to Latin America and South Africa. The pact was made with CAA and WestEnd Films, which is shopping Invisible Woman at the European Film Market in Berlin.

The movie, now in postproduction, is based on Claire Tomalin's 1990 nonfiction book The Invisible Woman: The Story of Nelly Ternan and Charles Dickens.
Sony Classics Nabs Ralph Fiennes Dickens Drama - The Hollywood Reporter

Quote:
As Anton Corbjin‘s take on A Most Wanted Man is gearing up for a release this year, we’ve got updates on another pair of adaptations based on the espionage author’s work. First up, hinted at last fall, a sequel to the 2011 film Tinker Tailor Soldier Spy continues to move forward and it’s now confirmed to be Smiley’s People.

According to ScreenDaily, the film is still in the development stage, but writer Peter Straughan and director Tomas Alfredson are working hard on getting it ready for a 2014 production. Led by Gary Oldman, who would again be the main focus, the original ensemble will also be returning with the actors aware of the current timetable.

Moving on to another property, we’ve got some cast confirmations on Justin Kurzel‘s follow-up to his dark drama Snowtown, an adaptation of Our Kind of Traitor. With a script written by Drive‘s Hossein Amini, after being rumored, Ralph Fiennes and Mads Mikkelsen are now in final talks to join the film, which already has Ewan McGregor set to star.

The story would follow McGregor’s character, “one half of a couple who gets mixed up with a Russian oligarch and major money launderer Mikkelsen). Torn between the Russian Mafia and the British Secret Service, Fiennes wold be playing a UK government “fixer” named Hector Meredith. McGregor’s other half has yet to be determined, but Jessica Chastain was originally rumored for the part, although she has seemingly dropped out.

Set for a summer shoot in Moscow, Marrakech, Paris, London and Switzerland, expect the $35 million film to arrive in 2014 and check back for final casting soon.
‘Tinker Tailor’ Sequel To Shoot In 2014; Ralph Fiennes & Mads Mikkelsen Confirmed For ‘Traitor’

Old 06-13-2013, 04:56 AM
Supreme Fan

Add me please!
Btw, 11 year old Tom is so cute
Old 06-13-2013, 06:12 AM
Master Fan

Please add me.

Who Are You and What Do You Want?

ic: shinebrighterxx
Jason Morgan | Wanda Maximoff | Prince Zuko/Mai | Prince Zuko/ Sukka | Draco/Pansy/Blaise/Theo | Princess Zelda / Link | Clark & Lois
Old 06-13-2013, 07:58 PM
Moderator Manager

Added you both and welcome to the thread!

Yes, Hero Fiennes-Tiffin is so cute.

Old 06-14-2013, 03:10 AM
Supreme Fan

Thanks

Quote:
Originally Posted by baileycat (View Post)
http://24.media.tumblr.com/0f2ce60cc639e18e8ebb11b5b714b317/tumblr_mi361h8z2t1rb4k47o1_500.jpg !
Omg is this him???
Old 06-15-2013, 02:20 AM
Moderator Manager

Some news about Ralph and maybe a bit more about Gary Oldman.

Quote:
Gary Oldman's next directorial vehicle "Flying Horse" seemingly can reunite him with his co-stars in "Harry Potter" and "Tinker, Tailor, Soldier, Spy". The Wrap reports that 55-year-old Oldman wants Ralph Fiennes and Benedict Cumberbatch to star in the Eadweard Muybridge biopic.

The site reports that Oldman has done writing the script, which centers on the courtship and love affair between Muybrige's wife, Flora, and famous theater critic Harry Larkyns, who was shot dead by Muybridge. Despite no official news yet, a fan of Oldman claims that the English director and actor himself has confirmed to her that Fiennes is already on board.

The biopic is scheduled to start filming early next year with Oldman's manager, Douglas Urbanski, set to produce the indie film. Oldman possibly plays a small role as Dennis Spencer, the district attorney that prosecuted Muybridge.

The Sirius Black depicter seems to have prepared a lot for the production since he told New York Times last year that he was reading Rebecca Solnit's biography "River of Shadows: Eadweard Muybridge and the Technological Wild West".
Gary Oldman Eyes Ralph Fiennes and Benedict Cumberbatch for 'Flying Horse'

Old 06-16-2013, 03:51 AM
Supreme Fan

That's so cool!
Old 06-16-2013, 12:26 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

LOL The title. Late I know but wanted to say that I like it, haha.

I also wanted to say that there's no other actor I can think of who could pull off making LV come to life on the screen. It really is like RF jumped into Rowling's HP world and instantly became LV. I am a traditional Potter fan. The Book Series rules all. The movies are only a supplement. So for me to say this is huge since typically I want to run away from the movies quite a bit when it comes to truly capturing JKs world.

But yes, he was amazing. It was a joy to see him as LV on the screen. I really see HIM as LV when I read the Book Series so that says something.
Old 06-16-2013, 07:43 PM
Moderator Manager

^ First off, I love your icon.

And so true. Back then, I had no idea which actor will play Voldemort (or who'e suited). But when Ralph Fiennes came on, that was it. He brought a certain craziness to the character that I loved and he plays villains really good. And from then on, when I read the rest of the books, I picture him as Voldemort.

Old 07-05-2013, 11:01 PM
Master Fan

Source: ****

Who Are You and What Do You Want?

ic: shinebrighterxx
Jason Morgan | Wanda Maximoff | Prince Zuko/Mai | Prince Zuko/ Sukka | Draco/Pansy/Blaise/Theo | Princess Zelda / Link | Clark & Lois
Old 07-06-2013, 12:48 AM
Moderator Manager

Such an angsty art. I did like the actor who played Tom Riddle in CoS.

Old 12-25-2013, 10:34 AM
Loyal Fan

credit
Fan Forum  |  Contact Us  |  Fan Forum on Twitter  |  Fan Forum on Facebook  |  Archive  |  Top