Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 11-12-2015, 11:27 PM
Moderator Manager

Quote:
A deluxe illustrated edition of Harry Potter and the Philosopher's Stone, with art by Jim Kay and signed by J.K. Rowling, will be auctioned off by Sotheby's on December 17 in London, with all proceeds going to benefit Lumos.

Photo: J.K. Rowling signed 'Philosopher's Stone' deluxe edition auctioned to benefit Lumos - SnitchSeeker.com

Let's go on a clumsy cute bestie trip!
Already miss our days in Cloud Planet.

Old 11-19-2015, 11:48 AM
Fan Forum Star

JK Rowling crowned top writer on Twitter - Edinburgh Evening News

Quote:
HARRY Potter creator JK Rowling has been named Scotland’s most influential author on Twitter – ahead of Irvine Welsh and Ian Rankin.

The Edinburgh-based writer has more than 5.8 million followers on the social networking site, far more than any of the nation’s other writers.

However, researchers also looked at how much each novelist engaged with other Twitter users and the regularity of their tweets, as part of the study for the Scottish Book Trust.

Released ahead of Scotland’s annual celebration of literature, the list of the top 50 tweeters saw both Welsh and Rankin beaten into third and fourth place respectively by the comic Brian “Limmy” Limond, who released a short story book this year.

Other writers in the top ten include former Belle de Jour blogger Brooke Magnanti, who now lives in the Highlands; Glasgow comic book writer Mark Millar; and teen publishing sensation Estelle Maskame, from Peterhead, whose first book was published a year ago.

Rowling, who regularly enters into political debate and takes on many of those who abuse her for backing the Better Together campaign in the run-up to the referendum, is second only to DJ Calvin Harris when it comes to Scots boasting the most Twitter followers. He has 6.62 million at present.

Broadcasters turned novelists John Mackay, Neil Oliver, Kirsty Wark and Andrew Marr all made the top 50, along with the singer and musician Aidan Moffat, who has released a children’s book. Rankin’s fellow crime writers Val McDermid, Christopher Brookmyre, Denise Mina and Peter May were also rated strong enough users of Twitter to make the list.

Danny Scott, the book trust’s social media manager, said: “The authors at the top of this list all interact with their audience and aren’t afraid to offer an opinion, or, indeed, be themselves.

“In many ways, the research proves authors are becoming as much of a commodity as their novels.”

More than 450 events will be held across the country during the annual Book Week Scotland initiative, which runs from November 22-29.

Trust chief executive Marc Lambert added: “The list is a mixture of artists, children’s authors, crime writers and journalists, reflecting the dynamism and diversity of the Scottish literary scene. They are all harnessing the power of social media to stimulate discussion and debate books.

“This is exactly in keeping with what Book Week Scotland is all about – reaching out to a wider audience and encouraging people to discover and enjoy the benefits of reading and writing.”
Old 11-20-2015, 12:33 AM
Moderator Manager

Old 11-20-2015, 11:13 AM
Fan Forum Star

Thanks for sharing all that.
~My top ships:Brennan/Booth, Amy/Sheldon, Penny/Leonard, Angela/Hodgins, Gabrielle/Carlos, Piper/Leo, Buffy/Angel, Willow/Tara, Spike/Drusilla, Wesley/Fred, Janet/Steve, Clare/Steve, Kelly/Brandon, Kira/Odo, Ezri/Bashir, Jadzia/Worf, Troi/Riker, Hannah Caleb, Spencer/Toby, Bree/Trip~Thanks for 12 years of TBBT!~Aspie~ big Sheldon Cooper Fan~ Team Shannen and Holly~Icon by Code Green~I don´t care what complete strangers think of me because I don´t know them at all ~
Old 11-21-2015, 12:03 AM
Moderator Manager

In which J.K. Rowling gives the verdict on reading

Old 11-25-2015, 08:02 AM
Fan Forum Star

Haha love that
~My top ships:Brennan/Booth, Amy/Sheldon, Penny/Leonard, Angela/Hodgins, Gabrielle/Carlos, Piper/Leo, Buffy/Angel, Willow/Tara, Spike/Drusilla, Wesley/Fred, Janet/Steve, Clare/Steve, Kelly/Brandon, Kira/Odo, Ezri/Bashir, Jadzia/Worf, Troi/Riker, Hannah Caleb, Spencer/Toby, Bree/Trip~Thanks for 12 years of TBBT!~Aspie~ big Sheldon Cooper Fan~ Team Shannen and Holly~Icon by Code Green~I don´t care what complete strangers think of me because I don´t know them at all ~
Old 11-25-2015, 08:57 PM
Moderator Manager

^ It's the truth right?

Old 11-26-2015, 09:02 AM
Fan Forum Star

Thanks for sharing that list.
Old 11-26-2015, 09:42 PM
Moderator Manager

Quote:
HBO will reportedly air the televised series The Cormoran Strike Mysteries, based off the novels from Harry Potter author J.K. Rowling under the name Robert Galbraith, in the U.S., and may broadcast what is said to be the first season sometime in 2016.

The report states that the first season or series will be based on the first two crime novels written by Rowling, The Cuckoo's Calling and The Silkworm. BBC One has already confirmed owning the UK rights of the series, and no casting has been announced yet for Strike, his associate Robin, or anyone else. Final scripts have reportedly not been completed yet either.

The first Strike novel, The Cuckoo's Calling, will be adapted to screen by Sarah Phelps, who wrote the screenplay for BBC and HBO's miniseries The Casual Vacancy. The Silkworm, the second in the series, will be written by Ben Richards. Julian Farino is set to direct the series, while Rowling, her agent Neil Blair, Ruth Kenley-Letts and Lucy Richer serve as executive producers.

Please note that HBO, BBC, J.K. Rowling and those involved in the Strike series have not confirmed the U.S. broadcast, and that it should still be listed as a rumor.
J.K. Rowling's 'The Cormoran Strike Mysteries' reportedly set to air on HBO in U.S. - SnitchSeeker.com

Old 11-27-2015, 06:28 AM
Fan Forum Star

This is why she's the queen. All the haters AND the Snape Lovers need to sit the f down.

Old 11-27-2015, 09:25 AM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by L i N d $ @ y (View Post)
^ It's the truth right?
Yep And I love it
Old 11-27-2015, 11:38 PM
Moderator Manager

JKR appreciated everyone's thoughts on Snape yesterday. It's so great to see that she still finds time to answer fans on twitter. She's really the only person who can call out hardcore HP fans.

Old 11-28-2015, 02:16 PM
Fan Forum Star

She really is
Old 11-28-2015, 11:52 PM
Moderator Manager

Quote:
J.K. Rowling: It’s really weird you’re asking me that question, because four days ago I wrote the answer in the fourth Robert Galbraith book. Because when you meet my detective in book four, he is reflecting on how success never feels the way you think it will be.

Some people would assume that you’re sitting around feeling simply marvellous and shining your baubles. But I remember, a week after I got my American deal, which got me a lot of press, one of my very best girlfriends rang me and said, “I thought you’d sound so elated.” From the outside, I’m sure everything looked amazing. But in my flat, where I was still a single mum and I didn’t know who to call to do my hair, everything felt phenomenally overwhelming.

For the first time in my life I could buy a house, which meant security for my daughter and me, but I now felt: “The next book can’t possibly live up to this.” So I managed to turn this amazing triumph into tragedy, in the space of about five days.

Rowling: I always knew Warner Bros wanted to do something with Fantastic Beasts and, being slightly control-freaky, I thought I’d better tell them that I had an idea. Then I sort of wrote a screenplay without meaning to. I know that sounds incredibly disingenuous.

Rowling: Big Smiths fan. And the people who mean something to you at 16, 17 are the people who are getting you through stuff. So I absolutely understand why someone who is hanging on to Harry Potter as a safe place at 13 is excited at 21 to talk about what [Hogwarts] house they’d be in. I don’t think it’s infantile.

I don’t think it’s any more infantile than me being excited to meet Morrissey. I was with my sister-in-law and she said, “Put. Your. Hand. Down.” I was walking around afterwards with my hand out like that [mimes a stiff handshake].

Lauren Laverne: Like a Dalek.
Rowling: I said, “Morrissey touched me!” She said, “I know, you look stupid.” I met him in such a bizarre situation, in Harvey Nichols. We were looking at each other, getting nearer and nearer, and at almost exactly the same moment we both put out our hands. What was amazing to me was, Morrissey knew who I was.

I wanted to go back to my 16-year-old self, who’s lying there in the dark with the joss sticks, listening to Heaven Knows I’m Miserable Now, and tell her: “You’ll meet him! He’ll know who you are!”

Lauren Laverne: But Twitter for you is obviously very comfortable.
Rowling: You’re swimming in your own medium. Twitter for me has been an unmixed blessing, trolls included. Because there came a point where Harry became so enormous that, at a reading, there were 2,000 people. You can’t answer everyone’s question. Twitter gave that back to me. No one has to buy a ticket. It’s very democratic.

Rowling: My block and mute lists aren’t long because I have quite a high tolerance for people I wouldn’t necessarily want to be friends with – I’m interested in what they’re saying. You wouldn’t want to sanitise your timeline to the point that you weren’t seeing some of these characters. Let’s call them characters. When did you start tweeting?

Old 11-30-2015, 05:40 AM
Fan Forum Star

There's a new brilliant interview with JK Rowling here.- JK Rowling meets Lauren Laverne: ‘Success never feels the way you think it will’ | Books | The Guardian

Fan Forum  |  Contact Us  |  Fan Forum on Twitter  |  Fan Forum on Facebook  |  Archive  |  Top