Video Games
Disney

oh my goodness, what a lovely view!
Old 05-16-2016, 07:24 PM
Fan Forum Star

JKR being honored at the 2016 PEN Literary Gala and Free Expression Awards

Fast Forward to 1:48

Quote:
J.K. Rowling has used her talents and stature as a writer to fight inequality on both a local and global level. Herself the frequent object of censorship in schools and libraries across the globe, as well as online targeting, Rowling has emerged as a vocal proponent of free expression and access to literature and ideas for children, as well as incarcerated people, the learning-disabled, and women and girls worldwide.
Quote:
J.K. Rowling: "Protected as I am by citizenship of a liberal nation where freedom of expression is a fundamental right, my critics are at liberty to say I am trying to convert children to satanism, and I am free to explain that I am exploring human nature and morality. Or to say you're an idiot."

"If my offended feelings can justify a travel ban on Donald Trump, I have no moral grounds to argue that those offended by feminism or the fight for transgender rights or universal suffrage, should not oppress campaigners for those causes. If you seek the removal of freedoms from an opponent simply on the ground that they have offended you, you have crossed a line to stand alongside tyrants who imprison, torture, and kill on exactly the same justification."

"Oh my brother human, if I disagree with you in thoughts,principals, or beliefs, does this deny the fact that we are both human? All you and I have to do is respect each other. Tolerate the views of your opponents coolly and patiently. While listening to them, do not think to respond before listening to all opposing opinions."

Fan Forum  |  Contact Us  |  Fan Forum on Twitter  |  Fan Forum on Facebook  |  Archive  |  Top