Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 09-26-2009, 04:42 PM
Elite Fan

Well, it is JK. She's fricking awesome. Not too suprised with all the followers.
“I’ve lived on borrowed time. More than any man deserves. I’ve seen wonders beyond my wildest imaginings. Through these centuries, against the impossibility that we’d find each other, we did. And I am most grateful for it."
Ichabod ♥ Abbie
Old 09-26-2009, 06:11 PM
Total Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by CHH (View Post)
Honestly, I don't think she's working on the encyclopedia right now. I think Ian Rankin was just repeating what he'd heard either through the grapevine or read in the papers--that she'll be working on an encyclopedia in the future. I think people are misinterpreting his statement to mean that JKR is currently working on it when it explicitly says they haven't spoken to each other in a while.
Agreed. I think it's more likely that she's working on that "political fairytale" she spoke of in the Year in the Life documentary.

And HELL YES it's awesome that she's on Twitter. I'm happy to be one of her 30 gazillion followers.

Bonnie's Army | Harry ღ Ginny | Icon by sanya4 on LJ
Old 09-26-2009, 07:47 PM
Master Fan

I think everyone knows she won't be twittering often--she flat out said that on her Twitter. But it's the sheer fact she has a Twitter that's so exciting. I was bouncing all day yesterday telling anyone who'd listen that I was "following JK Rowling on Twitter!" It's an exciting thing to say, it really is.
Old 09-27-2009, 07:59 AM
Fan Forum Star

If she just came on and twittered Hiya! I'd flip out! No joke.

40,222 followers now.
Old 09-28-2009, 08:42 PM
Ultimate Fan

OMG yay

Okay, I seriously keep thinking about signing up to stalk follow some people but yeah, I am definitely going to be doing it now

icon:goutdevodka
Old 10-05-2009, 02:59 PM
Fan Forum Star

More Jo news!

There is a new article today regarding author J.K. Rowling and her next piece of literature. The Telegraph is reporting that at a recent fashion week showing, Jo "bid for three tickets to see Stella McCartney’s Paris show at a Gala Auction in London, in June, to raise funds for the Raisa Gorbachev Foundation, and bought along two friends." JKR is next quoted as saying “I’m working on something, but it’s not Harry Potter,” she said. “I need a Harry break.” Readers will recall of course we recently heard directly from the author as well via her official Twitter where she said "pen and paper are her priority" at the moment. We do not know what she is working on alas, and will update should there be any further developments.

On a related note, a press release was issued noting that DQE, a leading animation, gaming and entertainment production and global distribution group, has awarded J.K. Rowling with a lifetime achievement award "for her outstanding contribution towards children entertainment." It continues "J.K Rowling is the author and creator of the Harry Potter fantasy series. The esteemed jury were almost unanimous in their choice of J.K. Rowling - who has inspired the minds of millions of people around the world, and has given rise to a whole new generation of young readers. The Potter books have gained worldwide attention; won multiple awards, sold more than 400 million copies and a string of films have been produced based on the series. Presented in Cannes, "Mr. Josh Berger, President and MD Warner Brothers Entertainment UK received the Award on behalf of J.K. Rowling."

source ~ tlc.com
Old 10-05-2009, 08:46 PM
Master Fan

Thanks Amy glad to hear her confirm she's working on something I wonder what about another fantasy book I hope.

Archie Andrews &Veronica Lodge
~Riverdale~
icon:Alexa|
Name:Marah
Old 10-06-2009, 03:35 PM
Fan Forum Star

I'm excited too. And frankly it's so awesome to think we could be reading an entirely different genre with new characters and plots soon that isn't anything like Harry Potter. There could be a whole new fandom born.
Old 10-06-2009, 08:30 PM
Master Fan

I know

Archie Andrews &Veronica Lodge
~Riverdale~
icon:Alexa|
Name:Marah
Old 10-08-2009, 05:37 AM
Fan Forum Star

Looks like Jo was at Paris Fashion Week at the Stella McCartney show.

http://www.snitchseeker.com/harry-po...updated-68586/
Old 10-08-2009, 09:16 PM
CHH
Extreme Fan

Research for her next book? Hmmm.
Old 10-08-2009, 09:25 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by baileycat (View Post)
I'm excited too. And frankly it's so awesome to think we could be reading an entirely different genre with new characters and plots soon that isn't anything like Harry Potter. There could be a whole new fandom born.
So am I!!!
“I’ve lived on borrowed time. More than any man deserves. I’ve seen wonders beyond my wildest imaginings. Through these centuries, against the impossibility that we’d find each other, we did. And I am most grateful for it."
Ichabod ♥ Abbie
Old 10-23-2009, 02:36 PM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
The new unauthorized autobiographical comic book on Harry Potter author J.K. Rowling that is due later this year or in early January. Thanks to MTV we can now see six pages of the "Female Force" comic, including pages and illustrations such as this of Jo first creating her magical world surrounded the various inhabitants such as a Goblin, Werewolf, Hippogryff and more.
PREVIEW: ‘Female Force: J.K. Rowling’ Offers Comic Book Biography Of ‘Harry Potter’ Author
Old 10-23-2009, 04:46 PM
Elite Fan

Thanks for the link Amy.
Ichabod ♥ Abbie
Old 10-23-2009, 06:36 PM
Total Fan

I'd be so much more excited about this if they hadn't also just done a comic on Stephenie Meyer.

Bonnie's Army | Harry ღ Ginny | Icon by sanya4 on LJ
Fan Forum  |  Contact Us  |  Fan Forum on Twitter  |  Fan Forum on Facebook  |  Archive  |  Top