Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 01-03-2017, 10:12 AM
Absolute Fan

Question: Is The Cursed Child worth a read for fans of the films?
Old 01-03-2017, 11:06 PM
Moderator Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by CommanderM (View Post)
Yes. If you haven't read the books, I think you'd enjoy the book too. I got overly critical of the play, tbh, but generally I did like it. I was eager to talk about anything HP when the book/play came out.

Let's go on a clumsy cute bestie trip!
Already miss our days in Cloud Planet.

Old 01-04-2017, 05:32 PM
Absolute Fan

Good to know. I enjoyed reading the books when I was younger, but tend to like the films even more!
Old 01-04-2017, 07:38 PM
Fan Forum Star

The books are waaaay better than the film and yet the play is waaaay better than the screenplay book.

Old 01-04-2017, 09:44 PM
Moderator Manager

Quote:
Good to know. I enjoyed reading the books when I was younger, but tend to like the films even more!
The films are good, imo. Yes they cut out some important parts but in the grand scheme of things, they got it all right. Best book adaptation, imo.

Old 01-10-2017, 01:58 AM
Moderator Manager

Again, I'm sure this will be sold out.

Quote:
The producers of Harry Potter and the Cursed Child today announced that a further 75,000 tickets will be released for sale on Monday 23 January 2017, at 11am GMT, for performances from 7 February 2018 – 29 April 2018. Tickets are priced from £15 per part and for every performance there will be over 300 tickets at £20 or less per part. This will be followed by regular ticket releases throughout the year, details of which will be announced via the official Harry Potter and the Cursed Child website, social media channels and the official newsletter.

The regular performance schedule is as follows – Monday – no performance, Tuesday – no performance, Wednesday – 2pm Part One & 7.30pm Part Two, Thursday – 7.30pm Part One, Friday – 7.30pm Part Two, Saturday – 2pm Part One & 7.30pm Part Two, Sunday – 1pm Part One & 6.30pm Part Two.

A further set of access performances are also announced – on Wednesday 28 March 2018 both the matinee (Part One) and the evening performance (Part Two) will be captioned and on Wednesday 4 April 2018 the matinee (Part One) and evening performance (Part Two) will be audio described. For patrons with physical access needs call 0330 333 4410 (please note there are no general ticket sales on this number) or email CursedChildAccess@nimaxtheatres.com

Old 01-13-2017, 07:06 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by baileycat (View Post)
The books are waaaay better than the film and yet the play is waaaay better than the screenplay book.

Full video:

Old 01-14-2017, 02:23 AM
Moderator Manager

^ Thanks for posting.

If you'll be in Broadway next year, check the play out. I wonder when we'll find out who the cast for Broadway will be?

Old 01-16-2017, 12:00 PM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
If someone only watched the films and never read the books, then I think they'll be more open-minded and appreciate Cursed Child than someone who did real all seven books. It also depends on how much you've developed your head-canon, because I think that's the biggest flaw of the play and people's negative reaction to it.

A lot of people establish in their head (in a totally sane way) what could or would or should happen to each main character after "Nineteen Years Later" or completely diverge from canon altogether. Cursed Child itself seems to be a mash-up of various head-canons as well as fanfics.

Personally, I don't like Cursed Child, and not because of my head-canon. I don't like it because it breaks some important "rules" established in the seven books.
Old 01-16-2017, 11:37 PM
Moderator Manager

I couldn't agree more, Jenna. If you're a casual HP fan, CC is worth seeing/reading. But if you've been in the fandom long enough, you will have an opinion about it and while I generally like it, I have a lot of problems with some of the storylines. Also, you would know right away just from reading it that the script book is not written by Jo.

Old 01-17-2017, 04:05 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~wanderlust~ (View Post)
Personally, I don't like Cursed Child, and not because of my head-canon. I don't like it because it breaks some important "rules" established in the seven books.
Could you elaborate?
Old 01-17-2017, 11:41 PM
Moderator Manager

Old 01-20-2017, 04:14 PM
Moderator Support Team

J.K. Rowling Crushes Your Dreams of a Harry Potter and the Cursed Child Movie Trilogy | E! News
Old 01-20-2017, 04:45 PM
Fan Forum Star

No dreams are crushed. These headlines are hilarious! As if anyone actually believed that fake story. Dan would never do it anyway. I want Jamie's Harry!!! But I want them to film the stage production not a motion picture.
Old 01-21-2017, 03:38 AM
Moderator Manager

Yeah, I don't need to see Delphi on the big screen.

Fan Forum  |  Contact Us  |  Fan Forum on Twitter  |  Fan Forum on Facebook  |  Archive  |  Top