Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 03-11-2017, 09:19 PM
Moderator Manager

Me too. It looks like Helena has finished shooting for "Ocean's 8" and is back in London.

Spoiler:

Let's go on a clumsy cute bestie trip!
Already miss our days in Cloud Planet.

Old 03-13-2017, 06:30 AM
Fan Forum Star

Lovely picture.
~My top ships:Brennan/Booth, Amy/Sheldon, Penny/Leonard, Angela/Hodgins, Gabrielle/Carlos, Piper/Leo, Buffy/Angel, Willow/Tara, Spike/Drusilla, Wesley/Fred, Janet/Steve, Clare/Steve, Kelly/Brandon, Kira/Odo, Ezri/Bashir, Jadzia/Worf, Troi/Riker, Hannah Caleb, Spencer/Toby, Bree/Trip~Thanks for 12 years of TBBT!~Aspie~ big Sheldon Cooper Fan~Icon by Code Green~I don´t care what complete strangers think of me because I don´t know them at all ~
Old 03-13-2017, 09:21 PM
Moderator Manager

Quote:
entertainment weekly: Last month, when this restored version of howards end screened at the cannes film festival, vanessa redgrave watched it and said she wouldn’t change a single thing about it.

helena bonham carter: Oh, that’s wonderful. I wish i’d been there. James [ivory] left me a lovely message. But i’m very critical. Whenever i watch myself i think, i’ve got to give up and find something else to do, some other way of earning my living.

but what are your memories from when you watched it almost 25 years ago?

i loved the film. Luckily i wasn’t in every scene of it. It’s difficult to judge a film you’ve been in, but howards end is my favorite forster novel. It was one of the privileges and bonus of being in the film — that i was getting paid to read it.

the bbc is reportedly working on a miniseries version. You could easily do a four or six hour version of the novel, but this movie is two hours and change. And still, it’s a very hard novel to describe in 25 words or less.

oh, it’s so hard, isn’t it? I wish i’d reread it just now. Why didn’t i do my homework for this? Well, i think it’s about legacy and inheritance, in all forms. It’s such a deeply soul-satisfying narrative. It’s about pain and loss but it’s very soothing. And then forster is so weirdly dramatic, as well. Like leonard bast [samuel west] dying from underneath a collapsed bookcase [laughs]. I must say that’s a bit random.

i’ve heard the story of how you got the part. You were at a fancy hollywood party and james ivory, who’d already directed you a few years earlier in a room with a view, he looked at you —

yep. And he said, “i was wondering, little thing, what you would look like pregnant?”

that’s an interesting observation.

he’s always very surprising in his comments. He’s startlingly unexpected with what he comes up with sometimes. He is extraordinary, can i just say? He just turned 88 and he’s more chatty and more exuberant and more excitable, frankly, now than when i first met him.

Old 03-14-2017, 12:28 PM
Fan Forum Star

Thanks for sharing.
~My top ships:Brennan/Booth, Amy/Sheldon, Penny/Leonard, Angela/Hodgins, Gabrielle/Carlos, Piper/Leo, Buffy/Angel, Willow/Tara, Spike/Drusilla, Wesley/Fred, Janet/Steve, Clare/Steve, Kelly/Brandon, Kira/Odo, Ezri/Bashir, Jadzia/Worf, Troi/Riker, Hannah Caleb, Spencer/Toby, Bree/Trip~Thanks for 12 years of TBBT!~Aspie~ big Sheldon Cooper Fan~Icon by Code Green~I don´t care what complete strangers think of me because I don´t know them at all ~
Old 03-14-2017, 08:46 PM
Moderator Manager

Some new pics of Helena taken last Sunday:

]

Old 03-20-2017, 09:40 AM
Fan Forum Star

She looks good.
Old 03-20-2017, 08:33 PM
Moderator Manager

Old 03-21-2017, 10:02 AM
Fan Forum Star

So sweet
Old 03-21-2017, 08:52 PM
Moderator Manager

Helena in London:

Helena Bonham Carter spruces up outfit with bulky scarf | Daily Mail Online

Old 04-05-2017, 11:54 PM
Moderator Manager

+

Old 05-27-2017, 09:25 PM
Moderator Manager

Happy Belated Birthday to Helena (last Friday)!

Old 06-03-2017, 03:38 AM
Fan Forum Star

funny picture
Old 06-03-2017, 09:31 PM
Moderator Manager

female antagonists→ Bellatrix Lestrange
↳ “ Potter, you cannot win against me! I was and am the Dark Lord’s most loyal servant. I learned the Dark Arts from him, and I know spells of such power that you, pathetic little boy, can never hope to compete!”

Old 07-07-2017, 09:37 AM
Fan Forum Star

Love that gifset!
Old 07-07-2017, 07:53 PM
Moderator Manager

Wow this photoshoot (Vogue UK 2013)

Fan Forum  |  Contact Us  |  Fan Forum on Twitter  |  Fan Forum on Facebook  |  Archive  |  Top