Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 04-01-2005, 08:42 AM
Ultimate Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by ParkerPotterWhitterEvans
This is great Hunter S. Thompson is a great author, I can not wait ot see this one either..

I think Johnny has a thing for Hunter as well, he was in another Hunter S Thompson book turned movie Fear and Loathing, I havent seen the movie yet, But the book was great!!

Johnny and Hunter where really great friends, and Hunter's death hit him hard i guess, he wore a black tie as a sign of respect to the Oscars!
Dom:"If he was a girl, I'd marry him today! I've been suggesting to Billy a sex change, but he really feels quite manly about things [Billy shouts, "I love women!"]. Yes, he's really passionate about women, as I am."
Billy:"Dom's an idiot."
Keeper Of Dom's Arms

Icon by zia319
Old 04-01-2005, 09:22 AM
Elite Fan

They were good friends? I didn't know that. Poor Josh.
Old 04-01-2005, 12:48 PM
Ultimate Fan

I'm sorry for Josh, too.

The time has come to watch Smallville. Join the 2009 Smallville Marathon!
Old 04-01-2005, 05:42 PM
Loyal Fan

Still, Thompson was weird

~ Carla
Old 04-01-2005, 10:42 PM
Master Fan

I usually read the book before seeing the movie, the only time I really had to watch the movie first was when I was trying to read A ClockWork Orange, the author uses his own language so it made more sense if you saw the movie first,

However, u dont like to be spoiled I would wait til I saw the movie, then read the book, and see which one you liked better..
'

I didnt know that about Johnny and Hunter.. I was shocked when I heard about his death.. I really enjoyed Fear and Loathing
Old 04-02-2005, 01:09 AM
Ultimate Fan

I think it's better to read the book before you see the movie because there's a lot more background info in the book.
I saw LOTR before reading the book and then I found the book utterly boring so I stopped after 200 pages.

Old 04-02-2005, 10:50 AM
Master Fan

well to each there own. I guess...

I do agree with you thought Kat about the background information, and in most cases the book tends to be better than the movie
Old 04-03-2005, 01:35 PM
Master Fan

uhm for me it depents i mean sometimes if you read the book you have such a strong oppinion on how the carachters are supposed to look and act and it usually dosenĀ“t go nsync with the movie....
Old 04-03-2005, 10:33 PM
Master Fan

I usually always like the book over the movie, I dont usually picture a certain person when I read, I just take the description at what it is. I usually find that the screen play leaves out alot of stuff that happened in the book.... but that is just IMO... But this should be a great film reguardless..
Old 04-03-2005, 10:47 PM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by ParkerPotterWhitterEvans
I usually always like the book over the movie, I dont usually picture a certain person when I read, I just take the description at what it is. I usually find that the screen play leaves out alot of stuff that happened in the book.... but that is just IMO... But this should be a great film reguardless..
Oh I agree! I actually study film and I had a class in which they thought us the difficulty of adapting a book into a movie. It's very complexe and we have to take in consideration very single detail. So yeah, it's not that easy.
And btw, I only read the book after I learned that both Josh and Johnny were in it. I guess that's why I imagined them when reading it

~ Carla
Old 04-04-2005, 04:52 AM
Ultimate Fan

^ you study film That's really awesome
I believe you're gonna be really famous one day

Old 04-04-2005, 07:25 AM
Ultimate Fan

I am gonna stidy Media, but i guess thats kinda different
Dom:"If he was a girl, I'd marry him today! I've been suggesting to Billy a sex change, but he really feels quite manly about things [Billy shouts, "I love women!"]. Yes, he's really passionate about women, as I am."
Billy:"Dom's an idiot."
Keeper Of Dom's Arms

Icon by zia319
Old 04-04-2005, 09:01 PM
Master Fan

its cool that you study film. and Media, I never really gave it much thought, but I figured it was difficult. I never would have thought to read this book either, But now I definetly will.
Old 04-04-2005, 09:16 PM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katka
^ you study film That's really awesome
I believe you're gonna be really famous one day
Oh yeah! It's definitely fun and entertaining!
And no, I highly doubt I'll ever be famous. Only because I'm a shadow kinda girl, lol!

And media is a little different than cinema because you're not making movies but the atmosphere is the same. It's a manipulative business, I tell ya. An artistic but vicious one!

~ Carla
Old 04-04-2005, 09:28 PM
Master Fan

Well I wish you good luck, with all the BTS!!!