Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 11-06-2004, 06:53 PM
Master Fan

Lucky Number Slevin Off.thread

Well welcome to the official Lucky Number Slevin thread i figured it was time to start this one considering filming begins in december

Well the you can read what the movie who stars with Josh, Morgan Freeman, Lucy Liu and Bruce Willis amongst other and is directed by Paul McGuigan who also directed Wicker Park.

Lucky Number Slevin Sets in the world of black and Jewish gangsters spanning over four decades, the story centers on a Rabbi, a hit man, a horse and a case of mistaken identity.

Writer: Jason Smilovic
Agent: ICM and Foundation Management
Buyer: FilmEngine
Price: n/a
Genre: Neo-noir thriller
Logged: 9/17/03
More: Robert S. Kravis and FilmEngine's Anthony Rhulen, A.J. Dix & Tyler Mitchell will produce. FilmEngine's Bill Shively will executive produce.
http://www.screenbiz.co.uk/filmarti...lmarticle12.htm

Last edited by ellavm; 11-06-2004 at 06:58 PM
Old 11-06-2004, 06:54 PM
Master Fan

Articles about the movie

Quote:
Hartnett’s in Lucky Number Sleven

Variety reports that Josh Hartnett will reunite with his Wicker Park director Paul McGuigan on a crime noir gangster flick entitled Lucky Number Sleven.
The story focuses on the rivalry between Jewish and African-American mobsters. Harnett will play a gang member who’s selected to assassinate the son of a rival gang’s boss.

The script for the film is written by Jason Smilovic.
Published: 25-Aug-2004
Quote:
Lucy Liu Draws Lucky Number Sleven
Source: The Hollywood Reporter Friday, August 27, 2004

Lucy Liu ("Charlie's Angels" series, Kill Bill Vol. 1) is in talks to join Josh Hartnett in the noir gangster film Lucky Number Sleven, which Paul McGuigan is set to direct.

The Hollywood Reporter says Liu would play Lynda, a sexy coroner who falls in love with Sleven (Hartnett), whose death she helps to stage.

The film is set amid a conflict between black and Jewish gangsters

http://www.comingsoon.net/news/topnews.php?id=6156
Quote:
'Wicker' Director Still Searching for 'Slevin'
Tue, Aug 31, 2004, 11:08 AM PT
By Kelly Glover, Special to Zap2it.com

LOS ANGELES (Zap2it.com) -- "Wicker Park" director, Paul McGuigan ("The Acid House,") reveals he is still searching for an actor to round out the cast of "Lucky Number Slevin," his next film that will be shot in Montreal.
The Scottish director says he's looking for an actor to play the leader of a black gang.

Josh Hartnett ("Pearl Harbor") who stars in "Wicker Park," will go with McGuigan to Montreal in the next few weeks to begin work on the film with Lucy Liu ("Kill Bill") as Hartnett's love interest, and Academy award winner Ben Kingsley ("Sexy Beast") as a gangster.

The director tells Zap2it.com, "It's going back to the gangster film that I made, 'Gangster No. 1.' It's kind of like taking that a little bit further and working with that. "
Hartnett plays a character stuck between two gangs in New York. It becomes a case of mistaken identity when Hartnett is mistaken for a friend who owes money. The neo-noir thriller written by Jason Smilovic, ("Karen Sisco") delves into the underworld of black and Jewish gangsters.

"Wicker Park" opens Friday, Sept. 3. Hartnett will next be seen in "Mozart and the Whale" in which he plays a young man with autism.

http://www.zap2it.com/movies/news/s...--22739,00.html
Quote:
Ben Kingsley Gets Lucky Number Sleven
Source: Variety October 4, 2004
Ben Kingsley has joined Josh Hartnett and Lucy Liu in Lucky Number Sleven, the Paul McGuigan-directed noir gangster drama written by Jason Smilovic, says Variety. Filming will begin on December 7 in Montreal and New York.

Kingsley will play Shlomo (aka the Rabbi), the head of the biggest crime syndicate in New York. Hartnett's character is caught in a case of mistaken identity and used by the mob boss as a patsy in a murder conspiracy.

Kingsley will join the film as soon as he completes playing Fagin for director Roman Polanski in the Ronald Harwood-scripted adaptation of Charles Dickens' Oliver Twist.

http://comingsoon.net/news/topnews.php?id=6626
Old 11-06-2004, 06:54 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Willis & Freeman Aboard Lucky Slevin
Source: Variety October 19, 2004

Bruce Willis and Morgan Freeman are in talks to join the cast of Lucky Slevin for director Paul McGuigan and FilmEngine, reports Variety.

The film is set in the world of black and Jewish gangsters and the cast includes Josh Hartnett, Lucy Liu and Ben Kingsley.

The story concerns a man who's confused with the friend whose apartment he is staying in and forced by a gangland boss to assassinate his archenemy's son.

Jason Smilovic wrote the screenplay and production is expected to begin in December in Montreal.

http://comingsoon.net/news/topnews.php?id=6822
Quote:
Hollywood stars Willis, Freeman, Hartnett team up for murder yarn
LOS ANGELES (AFP) - Hollywood heavyweights Bruce Willis and Morgan Freeman (news) will team up with heart-throb Josh Hartnett (news) for a new murder drama called "Lucky Slevin," the industry press said.

Action star Willis and the acclaimed Freeman have joined the cast of the movie that is set for release next year under the direction of Paul McGuigan, entertainment industry bible Daily Variety said.

The film tells the story of a case of mistaken identity that lands Harnett's character at the centre of a murder plot involving ruthless black and Jewish crime bosses in New York.

Also taking roles in the Ascendant Pictures and Capitol Films movie are "Charlie's Angels" star Lucy Liu and Oscar winner Ben Kingsley. Production is scheduled to start in the Canadian city of Montreal in December.

http://news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=sto...ng_041019181654
Quote:
'Number' game

The U.K.'s Capitol Films has concluded a slew of major territorial presales on "Lucky Number Slevin," being directed by Paul McGuigan.

Pic, which stars Josh Hartnett (news), Morgan Freeman (news), Bruce Willis, Lucy Liu and Ben Kingsley, has sold to Constantin in Germany, Art Port in Japan and Tri Pictures in Spain. Pic is in preproduction for a December start.

Deals join other key sales of pic to Entertainment in the UK, Scanbox in Scandinavia, CRC in Italy, and Belga in Benelux. Capitol is also fielding offers for Australia, France and the US.

Ascendant Pictures and Capitol Films are financing the pic being produced by FilmEngine, set in the world of black and Jewish gangsters.

Constantin has also picked up German distribution rights to the Colin Farrell starrer "Ask the Dust," which Paramount will distribute in the U.S. Pic, also starring Salma Hayek (news) and Donald Sutherland, has sold to Pathe in the UK, Gaga in Japan, Filmax in Spain, CRC in Italy and Scanbox in Scandinavia.

http://news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=stor...number__game_1
Old 12-06-2004, 09:15 AM
Master Fan

Filming news

Quote:
But the stars will really be here in full force in early January when shooting begins on the oddly-titled Lucky Number Slevin, a gangster flick with an A-list cast including Josh Hartnett, Morgan Freeman, Bruce Willis, Lucy Liu and Ben Kingsley.

rest of that article
Old 12-06-2004, 03:07 PM
Elite Fan

Thanks for starting the thread. I am very excited about this movie. It sounds like it is going to be a good one.
Old 01-14-2005, 11:30 AM
Master Fan

In a classic case of mistaken identity, a man is confused with the friend whose apartment he is staying in, and forced by a gangland boss to assassinate the son of his arch enemy. But perhaps this seemingly random stranger is not quite as unlucky or as unknowing as he initially appears.
Old 01-15-2005, 03:57 AM
Supreme Fan

ah, so this movie is about gangster? Then I bet it will be great because gangsters are McGuigan's especiality. Have you seen Gangster nº1 starring Paul Bettany and Malcolm McDowell? I looooved it, it's a masterpiece.

and that is the picture of the film? wow, it's cool.

I will not be able to avoid comparing this movie with Gangster nº 1 24/7
Old 01-18-2005, 11:47 AM
Master Fan

A little bit about the lucky slevin script from somebody who´s selling it. Interesting last bit there

Quote:
Great collectable, and a great read. Take a peek at the whole script for the blockbuster film in production "Lucky Number Slevin", starring Josh Hartnett, Morgan Freeman, Ben Kingsley, the beautiful Lucy Liu, and who can forget Bruce Willis. This movie will not be coming out for another year. I must say after reading the script I will be going to the theatre for sure. It's still way too early for anyone to be talking about it, but give it some time and this will be the talk of the town for its arrival.

Yes, Yes, THERE IS A SEX SCENE BETWEEN LUCY AND JOSH IN THIS MOVIE!!!!!!

http://toronto.craigslist.org/for/52935605.html
Old 01-27-2005, 10:07 PM
Elite Fan

Ooh we'll see some sexy Josh. So what's the rating on this movie?
Old 02-07-2005, 01:05 PM
Master Fan

Back to his beginnings
Former Montrealer Christopher Eberts, one of the busiest indie producers in Hollywood, returns to his home town for Lucky Number Slevin- with Morgan Freeman and Sir Ben Kingsley in tow

BRENDAN KELLY
The Gazette

February 7, 2005

The last time Christopher Eberts talked to this newspaper, the former Montrealer had one hit film, The Watcher, under his belt as a producer. Just over four years later, he is one of the busier independent producers in Hollywood and stars like Sir Ben Kingsley and Morgan Freeman return his phone calls.

Kingsley and Freeman were both recently in Montreal working on Eberts's latest production, the oddly titled gangster flick Lucky Number Slevin. In a recent interview in the library of the tony St. James Hotel in Old Montreal, Eberts was still marveling at his luck to be the producer of the first film to feature both Kingsley and Freeman. Lucky Number Slevin also stars Josh Hartnett, Bruce Willis, Lucy Liu and Stanley Tucci.

Kingsley, who won a best actor Oscar for Gandhi in 1983, and Freeman, who was just nominated for a best supporting actor Oscar for his brilliant performance in Million Dollar Baby, share screen time for the first time in Lucky Number Slevin. Kingsley plays the Rabbi, the head of the Jewish mafia in New York, and Freeman plays his arch-rival the Boss, the head of the black mafia in the Big Apple. In a scene shot a couple of weeks ago in Montreal, Kingsley and Freeman have a sequence together where they're both taped to chairs beside each other.

The film, which Eberts says has a Pulp Fiction-like feel to it, is an offbeat story about two rival crime gangs and Slevin, played by Hartnett, is the innocent guy who gets caught in the crossfire. It is directed by Scottish filmmaker Paul McGuigan, who was here last year shooting another Hartnett vehicle, Wicker Park.

Eberts is thrilled with the cast the filmmakers were able to assemble for Lucky Number Slevin, though all of his recent productions have been star-studded affairs.

Lucky Number Slevin, which has a budget of $33 million U.S., is the fourth film produced in the past 12 months by Ascendant Pictures, the Los Angeles-based company run by Eberts and his partner, Chris Roberts. The other films include The Big White, starring Robin Williams, Holly Hunter and Woody Harrelson; Ask the Dust, written and directed by Chinatown scribe Robert Towne and starring Colin Farrell; and the $60 million-U.S. Lord of War, with Nicolas Cage and Ethan Hawke.

Eberts is born and bred here, so you might think he would have sentimental reasons for shooting in Montreal. But when asked why he chose to make Lucky Number Slevin in his former home town, Eberts candidly says, "We came here primarily for the labour rebate and the exchange rate." In fact, the producers got mighty scared last year with the Canadian dollar's surprising rise.

"It was at a point where it was looking cheaper to shoot in New York," Eberts said.

Eberts and his fellow producers got some equally surprising good news when, late in the year, the Quebec government increased the tax credit for foreign producers from 11 to 20 per cent of labour costs on film and TV productions. That saved the producers of Lucky Number Slevin roughly $250,000 U.S.

This year looks to be just as busy for Eberts. The next shoot will be Taming Ben Taylor with Kevin Costner, and there are also plans to remake the classic 1939 comedy The Women, with talk of Meg Ryan, Annette Bening, Sandra Bullock and Ashley Judd starring.

http://www.canada.com/montreal/montr...1-0461a8b9821e

if it has a pulp fiction feel to it i´m assuming it will be r-rated
Old 02-11-2005, 01:14 PM
Master Fan

Pics from filming
Old 02-28-2005, 09:59 PM
Elite Fan

Thanks for all this Elin! You rock. I am very psyched about this movie.
Old 03-02-2005, 08:40 AM
Master Fan

awww i know

Old 03-02-2005, 01:05 PM
Elite Fan

Sounds like such an interesting movie, looking forward to it.
Old 03-04-2005, 04:59 PM
Master Fan

'LUCKY NUMBER SLEVIN' ON LOCATION

Lots more

and

And bigger pics here

looking yummie i might add