Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Tags Thread Tools
Old 01-18-2010, 06:53 AM
New Fan

Welcome Connie and Marian
Old 01-22-2010, 02:16 PM
Elite Fan

It's nice to see new blood!

Hopefully they'll become avid posters just like the rest of us!
Old 01-23-2010, 09:01 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by bh11000 (View Post)
Thank you everyone

People say portuguese is very hard to learn I guess they are right
Well, was more of not working out with the chick
Old 01-23-2010, 08:28 PM
Supreme Fan

Welcome, Connie and Marian!

Marian - Nice to see another writer here! I want to write for TV & film too. Mostly for TV, but I'm working on my degree in Film Studies right now.
Old 01-23-2010, 08:40 PM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by trucherrygirl (View Post)
Welcome, Connie and Marian!

Marian - Nice to see another writer here! I want to write for TV & film too. Mostly for TV, but I'm working on my degree in Film Studies right now.
That's great! What kind of stuff do you like to write? Any specific genre?
Old 01-23-2010, 09:31 PM
Supreme Fan

I like to write in a mix of genres actually! I love writing romance, but not erotic romance, but more like romance and spirituality combined. I also want to be a fiction novelist and write a series of psychological romance thrillers. I do like writing in the sci-fi/fantasy genre and anything drama related.

I write a lot of fanfiction, mostly Tru/Jack romance/angst/spirituality fanfiction, but my original works cover a variety of topics. I'm a Disability Studies minor, so I like to blog about different disability related issues in TV & film and I'm really interested in feminism and women's rights. In addition to blogging and fanfiction, I also have written original fiction stories and I LOVE scriptwriting. I've written a few short film scripts for my film club, completed a TV spec script for Medium and am working on a TV spec script for Dollhouse. I'd also like to work on other scriptwriting projects. I think I wrote myself too many writing goals for 2010!

I actually am not a fan of my college major as it is mostly history/theory based and I wanna take writing and production courses! But my minor is awesome and I'll be able to take the fun writing and production courses next year... I hope!

How about you? What kinds of genres do you like to write in? Do you write fanfiction or just original works? Do you have a blog?
Old 01-23-2010, 09:56 PM
Fan Forum Star

Wow that's really neat trucherrygirl! Sorry I don't know your name.

Well I write all kinds of genre myself. I've written a few short stories that were mostly thriller, a feature length screenplay, working on a few other scripts (drama/ comedy/ and thriller), have written two TV spec scripts, Ghost Whisperer and Supernatural, and have been writing a tv drama series which is mapped out to 5 seasons!! (everything from the episode titles, show info for each season, episode guide, and character bios). I do all this with my twin sister who is also on the board here, Connie (taysgurl). I am a Film & Television major.

I don't have a blog or have written any fanfictions yet, but have done some roleplaying. It's great to meet another writer!

That's cool that you're working on a TV spec for Dollhouse. How is that going?

Old 01-25-2010, 11:38 PM
Supreme Fan

My name is Lara.

Wow, you've written A LOT!! I'm really impressed! Did you write all or most of your scripts through your classes in college or on your own time? Do you and your sister collaborate on a lot of work together or do you mostly do your writing separately and collaborate sometimes? Have you ever participated in Script Frenzy or NaNoWriMo? What's your favorite class you've taken at college so far? Do you like being a Film and Television major? Does your sister have the same major? Do you have a minor? What scriptwriting software do you use: Final Draft, Movie Magic Screenwriter, Celtx or something else?

Sorry for the bombardment of questions, but I'm just really curious!

I've done roleplaying also. Mostly for fanfiction, though. It's a lot of fun. Fanfic keeps me on a Tru/Jack high! Hehe

I've actually never taken any kind of screenwriting course in my life! Like I said, my major is mostly film history/theory and I haven't been able to take any of the practical hands-on classes yet. Besides all of the writing I've done on my own growing up, the only course I've taken thus far is Intro to Creative Writing, but I didn't really learn about scriptwriting format there. I did write a short one-act play for that class, but I wrote it in Microsoft Word. Had no idea about any sort of scriptwriting software back then!

I basically taught myself how to write scripts when I joined film club and also decided to take part in Script Frenzy last April. I've been buying A LOT of screenwriting/TV writing books since then and reading them and reading various websites and blogs to learn script formatting. I also bought Final Draft and taught myself how to use it, which is the BEST investment I could have ever made as an aspiring scriptwriter.

The Dollhouse spec is going OK. I haven't worked on it in awhile actually cuz I've been working on other things. I don't have an outline, so I just started writing it one day and I've only written about 7 or 8 pages so far. I know what is said in the TV industry about writing a spec for a cancelled show, but it's something I wanna finish at some point anyway. At least Medium, Ghost Whisperer and Supernatural are still on the air!

I also want to figure out another show to spec, write a spec script for the show Community, write an original TV drama pilot/series, a feature-length screenplay and a few more short film scripts for film club. See? I told you! Too many writing goals!
Old 01-26-2010, 12:58 AM
Fan Forum Star

Hi Lara!

I write most of my scripts on my own time, taught myself mainly. The TV specs were written for class as well as one short script. Other than that, all the others were on my own and collaborated with my sister. We are best as a team. We use MovieMagic Screenwriter software for our screenplays. I haven't participated in Script Frenzy or NaNoWriMo. I am going to say that the class "Writing for TV: Drama" was my favorite, very helpful for our TV drama we are writing now. I do like being a Film & Television major, however all the equipment classes with the cameras and stuff aren't my favorite things, since I'd rather like to focus on the writing. Yes my sister has the same major. My minor is acting. What's yours? I have also bought alot of Screenplay books for TV & Film. The Ghost Whisperer and Supernatural TV specs got up to 50 pages! That's apparently how long each one is supposed to be. It was a real challenge to make sure to go by the breakdown structure for the shows. But it turned out better than expected. Both TV specs did recieve an A Writing goals are always good! hehe. We have alot of them. We would like to write more TV specs, finish some more episodes of our drama, and try on a second draft for our feature. We have a list of movie plots, titles and ideas and never know where to begin! We have a funny order of coming up with a story, for us it's the ending first, then a title, and kind of work our way in chunks to fill in the rest. We make an outline and breakdown sheet to help. We are very organized like that. How about you? What is your order of writing?
Old 02-01-2010, 03:37 PM
Elite Fan

Lara will be famous one day and then she will make Eliza come visit this forum and say hi to us!
Old 03-14-2010, 02:31 PM
Extreme Fan

Name:Amalia
Discovered Eliza: Buffy The Vampire Slayer
5 favorite ED movies: wrong turn, bring it on and soul survivors
Other interests:
Old 03-14-2010, 02:34 PM
Supreme Fan

Welcome, Amalia!
Old 03-14-2010, 02:40 PM
Fan Forum Star

Welcome Amalia! Glad that you decided to join the fun here.
Old 03-14-2010, 02:42 PM
Extreme Fan

thanks, i love all the roles i've seen her in
Old 03-31-2010, 07:59 AM
Elite Fan

Welcome Amalia!

I like your name!