Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 08-01-2003, 02:55 PM
Dedicated Fan

I just really started listening to the Beatles a few years ago when my musical taste really started to improve. Since then I've been listening to a lot more old rock, and I have to say that there simply aren't as many good bands anymore.
I've also noticed that, for almost every known rule/natural law about music and rock bands in general, the Beatles are the one exception.
Old 08-02-2003, 06:56 PM
Master Fan

Although some of their later songs were pretty good I definitely like the early Beatle's music more. Classic [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]
Old 11-17-2003, 08:15 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by **Andrea**:
<STRONG>I remember when I first borrowed my dad's girlfriend's Reader's Digest Beatles box thing. I was listening to the songs going "Oh my god! I didn't know they sung this song. I love this song!"
There were so many songs that I had grown up with and I didn't even know they sung them! It was a bit of a revelation for me, actually.</STRONG>
[img]smilies/lol.gif[/img] I did that too. My brother was in a band and his band would play some Beatle songs. I was too young to know who the Beatles were, but I liked the songs. Later on I was like "Hey, this is the song the band played!"

Make Love, Not War
Stefanie
Old 12-01-2003, 03:50 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by steffieweffie:
<STRONG>

[img]smilies/lol.gif[/img] I did that too. My brother was in a band and his band would play some Beatle songs. I was too young to know who the Beatles were, but I liked the songs. Later on I was like "Hey, this is the song the band played!"</STRONG>
Cool! It's so great when you realise all these songs you've loved are by the same band [img]smilies/lol.gif[/img]
Old 02-27-2004, 03:36 AM
Master Fan

To answer the question again: I wouldn't say better, but for me personally it's definitely more enjoyable.
Old 04-30-2004, 06:40 PM
Master Fan

I'm a young one, I was born years after the Beatles split. For the longest time when I was growing up, I didn't understand why everyone loved them so much. I'd heard parts of their songs, and I'd heard "Yellow Submarine", but I was like 'Who cares?' So my friend Carrie lent me Help, #1 songs, Abbey Road, Yellow Submarine, and a few others, I think, and I was in love. The music was so cool and different and timeless.

I've been obsessed since, and I'm steadily working towards getting as many of their songs as I can. [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img] I think with the Beatles, the music is so timeless and applicable to anyone they transcend time and exist in both the then and the now. They were that potent.
i got stuck on the side you know i never chose
but it's all about taking the easy way out for you i suppose
Old 07-03-2004, 01:35 AM
Obsessed Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by artist
Although some of their later songs were pretty good I definitely like the early Beatle's music more. Classic [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]
Although the later works are of course, the better ones, sometimes I just like to let my hair down and listen to the lighter, more melodic, more fun songs like "All My Loving" or "If I Fell" or "I Should Have Known Better"... you know what I mean.

Til further notice
I'm in between
From where I'm standing
My grass is green
Old 08-21-2004, 10:27 PM
New Fan

Alice .S, I'm only 14 lol. I'm the youngest on my website community and it's kind of awkward but here I expected that we'd all be of different ages...
I was born in 1990, and I think about life constantly, kind of wishing I had been born a lot earlier in life during the era of the Beatles. I've always loved the Beatles but a lot of older people (my mom in particular) think it's erm how did they put it? "strange" for someone of my age to be liking older bands. But I do appreciate those who think better of me in that part, such as those on this thread. The last couple years though I've been into The Beatles more than ever before and my taste has greatly improved. I've also become more different in personality too. I'm a lot calmer but self-contained. I take long walks in the neighbourhood everyday just thinking about life. I daydream a lot and think about all the problems in the world and how things just seem to be getting worse. I'm also more motivated too. I'd be a nervous wreck again if it weren't for The Beatles' music. When I compare it to the majority music styles of today and how different it is, I'm grateful for The Beatles. I hate a lot of the newer music today and I think The Beatles moved so many people no other music possibly could.
Old 08-22-2004, 03:43 AM
Master Fan

Hey! Welcome to the board.
I can relate to a lot of what you have said. A lot of older people are surprised when I tell them that I like the Beatles and other music from that era. However, I love a lot of modern music, too. In fact I like so many different kinds of music.
I used to wish that I was born so I could be a teenager in the 60s but the more I think about it, I'm glad I wasn't.
1. I wouldn't know the people that I know
2. Liking the Beatles would have made me one of the 'teenies'
Old 08-23-2004, 03:29 AM
Obsessed Fan

Heather. Yeah, if I were made to choose, I think I'd still live in the present. We might ahve missed the real hysteria, but that's not everything that made the Beatles what they are. And we have mp3s and bootleg cds now. And airconditioning.

Re: driving other people nuts. I usually just keep to myself, so when I'm playing them, it's usually just my roommate staring at me from her bed. I still have to work on my not singing aloud the things playing in my head, though.

Til further notice
I'm in between
From where I'm standing
My grass is green
Old 08-25-2004, 01:39 AM
New Fan

I'm too shy to sing in public, which sucks because I CAN sing. But I do sing a lot when I'm home alone. Or I whistle to drive my mom (a beatle hater) insane. Yeah you have a point about the present. Except I'm too moody and shy to be a teenie, even my friends told me so. I talked to this famous person once (from a new age band) and I didn't flip out or scream or anything considering how I look up to em. I have a phobia of teenies...some of them are waaaay outta control. =D
Old 08-25-2004, 04:17 AM
Master Fan

Oh, I don't worry about driving people nuts. When I'm at home, if there's something I wanna sing I'll sing it loud and proud and with the worst voice I can manage But my Mum knows I'm a nut, anyway. Hehe.

Teenies are definitely scary. -shudders-
Old 08-26-2004, 12:08 AM
New Fan

I have to sing now and stop being shy because my mom's like that and i'd like to be ANYONE BUT HER! Maybe if she didn't keep all the profits from me business then I'd actually have money to buy everyone Christmas presents....I don't want to be shy....blah. I have a major phobia against teenies. When someone adds me on msn from a fansite I try talking to them and all they say is "OMG ___ IS SO HOTTT!! THEY ARE MINE!!!" it scares me....*shudders* I feel sorry for the targets...
Old 08-26-2004, 03:46 AM
Obsessed Fan

I actually like doing all that stuff just to torture my close friends. They're all guys, so that's pretty easy to pull off. About the singing, I don't really worry where I do it. And it's not because I have a really good voice or anything. I think people are just usually too scared of me to point anything out, so that works very conveniently.

I think my mom, though, was a frustrated groupie. You should hear her talk about Elvis Presley.

Til further notice
I'm in between
From where I'm standing
My grass is green
Old 08-26-2004, 05:47 AM
Master Fan

Yeah, my family's just as crazy as I am, so if I get weird looks from them it doesn't matter, because they do similar stuff.

My mum was never a teenie/groupie. But she did think that Elvis was going to parachute into her backyard and marry her. hehe