Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 03-21-2004, 11:05 AM
Dedicated Fan

"Imagine" made me cry the first few times I heard it. After I got over my emotional reaction, I decided to take its philosophy to heart, and wrote a three-page paper on conflict. (No, I did not do this for an assignment. I did it because I wanted to and because I am a geek.)
Then I got sort of tired of it. I decided that it was a sickening, mushy lullaby.
Then I got paranoid and started wondering what it would be like if John Lennon was the dictator of the world. I am now disturbed by it, as you can see from my post on "Disturbing Lyrics."
Anyway, that's what "Imagine" means to me.
Old 04-01-2004, 01:01 PM
Extreme Fan

I'm only sleeping is just soo my song! I mean, every word he sings just suits me perfectly... I just love that song!

Here comes the song is just soo beautiful too... I just have this great childhood memory of me listening to that song over and over again!!

[img]smilies/love.gif[/img] Chili
Old 04-20-2004, 07:43 AM
Loyal Fan

Norweigan Wood. Everywhere I go that song follows me. I can't explain it.
Old 06-09-2004, 02:20 PM
New Fan

I would say All you need is love and Something! I just love those songs so much! there just so good!
Old 06-10-2004, 12:46 AM
Master Fan

There are so many beautiful songs by the Beatles. And they all have meaning for me because I love them so much. Ok, that was really pointless. Oh well.
Old 06-20-2004, 09:59 PM
Obsessed Fan

I can still remember the first time I heard Eleanor Rigby. I nearly cried! Can relate, huh? But really, if it's even got its own monument in Liverpool (?), it's gotta be meaningful to a lot of other people, too, right?

And of course, for petty reasons, I've always wanted a guy to look at me, suck air in like in the song and just go, "Girl..."

Til further notice
I'm in between
From where I'm standing
My grass is green
Old 06-25-2004, 12:55 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by Princess Bing
And of course, for petty reasons, I've always wanted a guy to look at me, suck air in like in the song and just go, "Girl..."
Haha, yeah. That'd be quite cool.
Old 06-26-2004, 03:06 AM
Obsessed Fan

Knowing you could affect a guy like that... Knowing you could affect a Beatle like that!

Til further notice
I'm in between
From where I'm standing
My grass is green
Old 06-29-2004, 02:15 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
Knowing you could affect a guy like that... Knowing you could affect a Beatle like that!
All I can say to that is once again ->

I like to pretend the song Andrea by MxPx is about me, but alas it isn't (in case you hadn't guessed). I think it's the closest I'll ever get to someone 'writing' a song for me, though.
Old 06-29-2004, 11:25 AM
Loyal Fan

I really like the songs 'Let It Be' and 'Eleanor Rigby'. Oh! and 'Something'.
Old 06-30-2004, 12:01 AM
Master Fan

Oh, you know, I can't believe I've never posted about this before but I love this line:
'You don't get time to hang a sign on me' from Love You To. I can just really relate to it, because I really dislike when people label other people (or 'hang signs' on them). So, yes. I can relate.
Old 07-01-2004, 02:43 AM
Obsessed Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by a n d i
All I can say to that is once again ->

I like to pretend the song Andrea by MxPx is about me, but alas it isn't (in case you hadn't guessed). I think it's the closest I'll ever get to someone 'writing' a song for me, though.
Wahey! I'm an Andrea, too! I'm an Andrea Victoria, specifically. I noticed... there were about three Andreas here in the board, I think. Pretty funny, huh?

I guess "Eleanor Rigby" just pretty much shot me through the heart the first time I heard it. Kind of like Simon and Garfunkel's "I Am A Rock."

Til further notice
I'm in between
From where I'm standing
My grass is green
Old 07-01-2004, 11:42 PM
Master Fan

Wow! Another Andrea. I've only ever met two other Andreas in my whole life. And there's three of us here? We're multiplying.

And I know what you mean about "Eleanor Rigby". Some songs just get right inside you from the very first time you hear them. It's amazing credit to the artist, really, when they can affect someone so much straight away. Especially when some songs have to grow on you over time.
Old 07-02-2004, 05:20 AM
Obsessed Fan

Andreas must be naturally attracted to the Fab Four.

Re: Eleanor Rigby. You're right. The best songs are actually universal, I guess. I'm not sure if I can find it, but I was browsing through my Encarta encyclopedia when I came upon this quote about the Beatles. It's from this American songwriter who said something to the effect of "The Beatles never did anything wrong. Eleanor Rigby must be the most perfect song ever written." Or something. 'Most perfect' doesn't sound quite right, but I clearly remember the word 'perfect' in it.

Til further notice
I'm in between
From where I'm standing
My grass is green
Old 07-08-2004, 12:07 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
Andreas must be naturally attracted to the Fab Four.
They must be. Comes with the job description.