Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 07-28-2003, 04:30 PM
Master Fan

Gilmore Girls has so many more references [img]smilies/lol.gif[/img]

Roseanne has a lot of Beatle references too. Jackie's character likes Ringo, and Roseanne introduced her to this english guy and she says "he sounds like Ringo, and we both know how much you like him! "

Make Love, Not War
Stefanie
Old 07-28-2003, 08:28 PM
Master Fan

I was watching Shanghai Knights on DVD last night, and there's a scene where the character played by Owen Wilson is talking to the character played by Jackie Chan about how much he likes Jackie's sister (in the movie). He says he would love to marry her and settle down with her and have children, who he named, "Vera, Chuck and Dave" which of course, is from the Beatles' song "When I'm Sixty-four." ["....grandchildren on your knee, Vera, Chuck and Dave."] Hearing this line in the movie took me by surprise since it's a period peace and made me laugh!
Old 07-29-2003, 09:44 AM
Addicted Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by thelma:
<STRONG>I was watching Shanghai Knights on DVD last night, and there's a scene where the character played by Owen Wilson is talking to the character played by Jackie Chan about how much he likes Jackie's sister (in the movie). He says he would love to marry her and settle down with her and have children, who he named, "Vera, Chuck and Dave" which of course, is from the Beatles' song "When I'm Sixty-four." ["....grandchildren on your knee, Vera, Chuck and Dave."] Hearing this line in the movie took me by surprise since it's a period peace and made me laugh!</STRONG>

I love that movie! I started laughing hysterically in the movie theatre after he said that. David just looked at me funny. I explained it to him. [img]smilies/sigh.gif[/img]

*Beatlegirl*
Old 07-29-2003, 09:55 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by Lucy in the Sky:
<STRONG>

I love that movie! I started laughing hysterically in the movie theatre after he said that. David just looked at me funny. I explained it to him. [img]smilies/sigh.gif[/img]</STRONG>
I saw Shanghai Knights in the theater, too, but totally forgot about that line until I heard it again the other night. Old age memory loss, I guess. [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img]
Old 07-30-2003, 10:32 PM
Total Fan

I JUST saw that movie last weekend, and being the huge Beatle fan that I am, obviously laughed out loud at that too, like Stacy. [img]smilies/lol.gif[/img] And I had to explain it to my parents who didn't get it...
Old 07-31-2003, 12:53 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by thelma:
<STRONG>I was watching Shanghai Knights on DVD last night, and there's a scene where the character played by Owen Wilson is talking to the character played by Jackie Chan about how much he likes Jackie's sister (in the movie). He says he would love to marry her and settle down with her and have children, who he named, "Vera, Chuck and Dave" which of course, is from the Beatles' song "When I'm Sixty-four." ["....grandchildren on your knee, Vera, Chuck and Dave."] Hearing this line in the movie took me by surprise since it's a period peace and made me laugh!</STRONG>
[img]smilies/lol.gif[/img] That's sooo cool! I haven't seen this movie but I might have to just for that one Beatles reference.
Old 08-02-2003, 07:30 PM
Master Fan

On Big Brother, a houseguest said "there are two types of people: Beatle people and Elvis people'

[img]smilies/rotfl.gif[/img]

[ 08-02-2003: Message edited steffieweffie ]

Make Love, Not War
Stefanie
Old 08-03-2003, 09:29 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by **Andrea**:
<STRONG>

[img]smilies/lol.gif[/img] That's sooo cool! I haven't seen this movie but I might have to just for that one Beatles reference.</STRONG>
The movie is really good and funny, and I'd recommend it to anyone. I happen to be a big Jackie Chan fan, so I enjoy most of his movies anyway (but The Tuxedo with Jennifer Love Hewitt sucked, which wasn't Jackie's fault, but the result of an awful script).
Old 08-04-2003, 12:34 PM
Addicted Fan

I have one if I can remember it correctly.

Saved by the Bell:
Screech: "Hey who are those three guys with Paul McCartney?"

Zack: "The Beatles you dork"

Screech: "Good thing he didn't stay with those yo-yos. He never would'a made it."

[img]smilies/glow.gif[/img]

[ 08-04-2003: Message edited Lucy in the Sky ]

*Beatlegirl*
Old 08-04-2003, 01:20 PM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
<STRONG>I have one if I can remember it correctly.

Saved by the Bell:
Screech: "Hey who are those three guys with Paul McCartney?"

Zack: "The Beatles you dork"

Screech: "Good thing he didn't stay with those yo-yos. He never would'a made it."

[img]smilies/glow.gif[/img]

[ 08-04-2003: Message edited Lucy in the Sky ]</STRONG>
[img]smilies/rotfl.gif[/img]Heee [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]
Old 08-07-2003, 10:01 PM
Master Fan

[img]smilies/lol.gif[/img] Gotta love Saved By The Bell! Thanks Stace.

On the Osbournes, Sharon and Ozzie had the John Lennon Anthology in their bedroom [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]

Also, they mentioned Ringo and the Beatles on the Nanny.

Make Love, Not War
Stefanie
Old 08-08-2003, 06:23 PM
Addicted Fan

Saved by the Bell is the best preteen show ever! [img]smilies/innocent.gif[/img]

There was a reference on Dawson's Creek the other day. I can't remember it word for word though. It was something like "It's a classic Beatles or Stones question. Do you want to hold her hand or do you want to spend the night together? Girls say they want a Beatle but..."

That's about all I remember. I'd take a Beatle though. One Paul please! [img]smilies/glow.gif[/img]

*Beatlegirl*
Old 08-09-2003, 07:38 AM
Dedicated Fan

Quote:
<STRONG>Saved by the Bell is the best preteen show ever! [img]smilies/innocent.gif[/img]

There was a reference on Dawson's Creek the other day. I can't remember it word for word though. It was something like "It's a classic Beatles or Stones question. Do you want to hold her hand or do you want to spend the night together? Girls say they want a Beatle but..."

That's about all I remember. I'd take a Beatle though. One Paul please! [img]smilies/glow.gif[/img]</STRONG>

You stole my reference. [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img] We must both be watching DC on TBS every morning...
[img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img] [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]
Old 08-09-2003, 07:54 AM
Addicted Fan

Indeed I am!!! I eagerly await season 3 reruns... even though I have all the eppys on VHS. [img]smilies/innocent.gif[/img]

*Beatlegirl*
Old 08-09-2003, 10:39 PM
Master Fan

Don't forget the episode when Dawson changed his room and added the John Lennon poster [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]

Make Love, Not War
Stefanie